SpursNetwork

How good are seville?

How good are seville?
« on: April 03, 2007, 09:51:18 AM »
i noticed there was a lot of chat about it in the Defoe thread so i am staring a new thread about it.

i think loads of English people are saying how this will be such a big challenge for spurs (i am not saying its gonna be easy) and backing Seville with out thinking. Fredi Kanoute, a spurs "reject (to be honest i don't like to call him a reject as i think he was good at spurs, and i am pissed of we sold him)", has been there top goal scorer. in fact one of there league top goal scorers and its not like he didn't adapt to the premiership because he was here at wet spam before us and although he was good he wasn't one of the leagues best. if they think Kanoute is good they need to see Berba first.:gun1:
any one of these players would be the best at Seville: Berba, keane, defoe, lennon, king, dawson, zakora or chimbo.
so BRING IT ON!!!!!!:gun1: :gun1: :gun1:
COYS

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
How good are seville?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 10:05:04 AM »
not sure if you see my post about this.

but i agree, i don't it will be that hard of a game, im not saying it going be easy though

Because we play in the prem (toughest league in the world) we play teams that are on seville level if not even harder.

and i can garentee that Seville didnt want to play us

put it this way, i dont think we are going to get turned over out there and we have got the second leg at home which is an advantage, so if we play well and by the sound of it King will be back for the second leg, i think things are looking good

Offline Storts

How good are seville?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 11:11:05 AM »
I do agree, If was getting slated by a Gooner mate of mine when the draw was made and I said I was happy with it. Seville is a team that we are more than capable of defeating. If we can only sort that defence out then we would have no problmes. Lennon, Berbatov, JD/Keano and Malbranque will tear about their backline and as long as our strikers have their finishing boots on we will be fine. The second leg at the lane should be another famous European night, which have been lacking for so long. The Spurs faithful need a fantastic night and hopefully thursday week will provide it.
Away to Seville will be trickier than you are making out however. They will have alot of support and their fans are very passionate. The stadium is quite compact and holds alot of people in a small space. The ground will be buzzing I'm sure. Seville will come out like a house on fire and we have to cope with the initial onslaught. If we can keep a clean sheet for the first twenty minutes/Half an hour then we can push on.

Offline Powerage

How good are seville?
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 03:20:14 PM »
The most important thing in this game is taking our chances, against Reading the whole team was wasteful, we had something like 20 shots on goal and needed a penalty too seal the victory.

We cannot at any cost afford too be that wasteful in Europe, not only will we not get that many chances from here on in, but they will also come at us and I don't think our recent "we'll score 1 more than you" will carry in Europe.

The team have too be sharp and focused for the game. We must be also be careful if we go 1-0 up in the first 20 minutes, Sevilla are gonna be pissed and we won't be able too hold that lead if we sit back and let them come at us, Malbranque and lennon leading from the middle with the strikers going for every ball.

Plus, I would like too see more balls in the box from Malbranque, Lennon, Lee Chimbonda as we don't have that much going in from the wings at the moment.

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
How good are seville?
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 05:10:14 PM »
Seeing their game against Osasuna  they seem to be a counter attacking team. They do have a lot of pace upfront but their defence is a little suspect. Alot like us really. So it's gonna be a very close contest

Offline Lew

• http://Www.Myspace.Com/1Klone
How good are seville?
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 05:58:30 PM »
Sevilla, 2nd In La Liga, two points behind Barcelona..
Says enough?

How good are seville?
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 08:47:06 PM »
you would of thought so but i dont reckon it tells the whole story...

How good are seville?
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 12:41:04 AM »
Im so annoyed. Im working on the night of the 2nd leg. Im going to miss it. Im heartbroken :(

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
How good are seville?
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 01:50:17 AM »
Quote from: Lew;1717
Sevilla, 2nd In La Liga, two points behind Barcelona..
Says enough?

You better believe it. Being 2nd in any of the Big 5 leagues - especially in England or Spain, by that small a margin - speaks volumes. So Spurs need to be on high alert going into these matches.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Chris

How good are seville?
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2007, 12:25:35 PM »
Surely, many teams in the prem are even stronger than Seville, but i reckon we have to face the best team in the competition and afterwards, i look forward to playing Bayer 04 Leverkusen again, as it would be not far away from my home. Moreover, Leverkusen is one of unpopularst clubs in Germany.
See you all at BayArena!!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 01:16:15 PM by Chris »
YID ARMY

Offline Storts

How good are seville?
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 12:33:58 PM »
Welcome matey, good first post, where did you find us?

I agree with all of that, good stuff

Offline Chris

How good are seville?
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 01:15:13 PM »
Found it while rummaging in Spurs websites. unfortunately, I'm a non-member of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, but nevertheless a giant fan. It's not possible to get an access to the forum to post things. I don't understand why! Maybe to stop supporters from other clubs posting rubbish.
YID ARMY