Really Starting to Wind Me Up !!!!!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Really Starting to Wind Me Up !!!!!
« on: August 09, 2010, 12:48:28 AM »
Is it just me or is anyone else getting really cheesed off with the start to this season. Everywhere you look in the betting odds for the title it goes

Chelsea..............13/8
Man Utd.............5/2
Man City............9/2
Arseh*les...........6/1
Liverpool............14/1
Tottenham.........33/1

Can anyone tell me why Liverpool and Man City odds are shorter than ours, OK I can accept the other 3 but how the hell do the other two have shorter odds than us ?

Also the so called BIG FOUR keeps getting mentioned as Chelsea, Man United, Arse and Liverpool.... er excuse me didn't we kind of throw a spanner in the works of that one. Just because they have a new manager and signed Joe Cole this will catapult Liverpool to the top of the table after all their problems of last year, I think it may take a little longer and alot more money than they presently have (takeover pending obviously).

And Finally..... why will Man City win the Premier League soon, just because you can buy any player it dosen't mean your automatically entitled to win it, just because you have zillions of pounds dosen't entitle you to win it, you need to put it all together and build it carefully !!!!

When is someone gonna come out and say blimey Spurs aren't looking too bad, and they have a better squad and first team than Liverpool, they have a far better Team Spirit and Manager than Man City and with some luck could cause the 3 teams above them a few problems too !!!!!!!!!

I wonder if they will change their minds when we stuff Man City next week and qualify for the Champions League proper  :up:

:tickedoff:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Re: Really Starting to Wind Me Up !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 12:57:50 AM »
What price do you think we should be?

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 01:07:12 AM »
Going by the other odds 10-1 or so would be fair I think !!!!!

:nods:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 04:32:20 AM »

Chelea and Man U obviously will be title contenders again, and Ars*nal's young squad will only get better,
Liverpool are traditionally a top four contender and have kept Torres and added Cole, City have strengthened tremendously with David Silva, Yaya Toure, Alexander Kolarov, Jerome Boateng, on paper they are a top 4 team if not a title contender, and they haven't finished, they are expecting more quality incomings with Milner and Balotelli, with big names that the media get excited about, I would have to admit myself in that category also, we are not traditionally top four contenders despite last years effort, one season isn't going to change their way of thinking, I prefer that we are underdogs as there is huge ssure on us to recapture that illustrious top 4 spot, those are great odds for a bet for us to do it again this year, I think our chances are more like 15/1 and this season is a huge uphill battle, but last year proved we can, so i hope so.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 07:56:28 AM »
Man City i can understand because of there money and their signing. Liverpool i don't understand. Maybe there putting down to the fact its the first time we are in the CL and they don't think we will be able to cope with both.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 09:25:29 AM »
33/1 I'll have a few quid on that.  ;) :lol:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 10:56:40 AM »
I work at Ladbrokes mate, and I feel your pain. The good news is it just means we make more money if we win  :up:  Oh even better though, we're still favourites to beat City on the Opening Day  :D

"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 02:34:45 PM »
I work at Ladbrokes mate, and I feel your pain. The good news is it just means we make more money if we win  :up:  Oh even better though, we're still favourites to beat City on the Opening Day  :D

After spending £80 million that's quality news !!!!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 02:55:25 PM »
Do you truly believe we can win the title ? If so lump on at 33's. Personally I don't see anybody but Chelski or Man U winning it again. The Prem has become like Scotland where only 2 teams can win it we just have a better supporting cast. Ars*nal will threaten but because Wenger wont spend they will run out of steam when suspensions and injury deplete their meagre squad. City are good individuals but not a cohesive unit. Liverpools 2 best players are so injury prone they will be lucky to have them both on the pitch at the same time more than 10 times in the season. And we will probaly suffer from the same problem as last season, lose games we should win easily, concede daft goals in injury time and generally shoot ourselves in the foot at every oppurtunity it's the Spurs way and unless we can make a dramatic improvement we may as well be 1000-1

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 03:37:05 PM »
Personally I'd plump for an each way bet, if we finish in the top 2 then you get 1/2 the odds, but don't hold me to that yet, I'll check when i get back to work  :up:
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »
forget Torrespool for starters - the ultimate 1-man team (and the man involved is now very injury-prone)..

I actually think Arse would have walked the title last year if both v.Persie or Bendner hadnt been absent for 4 months.... they didnt have any central striker with any height after that..

they now have those 2 plus Chamakh so tactically they will not fight with 1 hand tied behind their back this season (unless all 3 get injured long-term - unlikely)..

the odds on Chavski and Utd will always be v.short cos most numpties will pile into those 2 teams, as well as Citeh now they've spent big again (but have they really improved with Bellamy probably going ??) but can only play 11 players at a time and will be in the Europa League and playing catch-up for half the season playing loadsa games on Sundays..

my advice is take 33-1 Spurs and by Xmas cover it with Arse, Utd and Chavski ..... you wont lose money, but you might just win big... the perfect betting situation.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 10:16:45 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 12:34:20 AM »
The reason why 33/1 isnt that bad for me is because we have yet to prove ourself by qualifying the champs league group stages.

I for one would love to see the odds abit better but here's what i think that would make the odds change

1) We whack Mancs!
2) We qualified for the group stages of CL
3) Continuing the form we had from last season

these 3 itself is great and i for one am sure if these 3 boxes are ticked i for one am sure that by mid season the odds would change to 6/1 as good as le'Arse! Dont count on winning the league yet.

A top 3 Finish would be great!! Get into last 16 of CL and also QtrFinals of bots CC and FA Cup.

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 08:42:41 PM »
Like this post Count P

I believe we can do very well this season, but it will need clinical concentration

Corluka and Palacios and Jenas, all give the ball away cheaply when we are out of shape in attack

None of the above may get into the Ist xi

With one or two better players; we are in business

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 10:55:44 AM »
Sounds like we've got a Gareth Keown mark II ^^^^ hehehe
 :ohyeah:
Oh yeah and Ugs, Ladbrokes has us at 28/1 , if that makes you feel better  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:58:10 AM by YidJoe24 »

Bill Nicholson

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 12:57:20 PM »
I agree that both Jenas and Palacios can APPEAR to give the ball away too frequently, but lets not forget they operate in a midfield-4, whereas most clubs tend to a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 leaving an extra player in midfield - so alot of the time they can be out-numbered there.

the beauty of the 4-4-2 tho is this..... with 2 intelligent and mobile strikers, its possible for them occupy 4 defenders (2 CBs, 2 FBs) with clever lateral movement.... this means that we can effectively 'out-numbe'r the opponent when in possession, especially with the attacking FBs like Bale in the side..

2 = 4.