Anelka: " Spurs are favourites to win the title"

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Anelka: " Spurs are favourites to win the title"
« on: August 07, 2010, 01:33:35 PM »
Striker Nicolas Anelka has tipped London rivals Tottenham to win the Premier League and claims reigning champions Chelsea are prioritising UEFA Champions League glory this season.

The France striker has revealed his admiration for Harry Redknapp's side and believes that Spurs can build on last season's fourth-place finish and win the league for the first time since 1961.

Anelka told The Sun: "I rate Spurs very highly. They are absolute favourites to win the title."

After coming close in previous seasons, Anelka insists Carlo Ancelotti's men are eyeing European glory this term.

"Our aim this season is to finally win the Champions League," he stated.

"Could we win a treble, the way Inter Milan did last season? Not so fast - it will be a tough job just to defend our league title."
Competitive

Despite his prediction that Spurs will be crowned champions, Anelka reckons this season's Premier League title race will be the closest ever.

He added: "Our biggest rivals will of course be Manchester United, Liverpool and Ars*nal, while Manchester City could play a major role.

"I believe that this will be the most thrilling season ever in the history of the Premier League."

i thought this was quite funny coming from an ex gooner... even know he hates them. Maybe he wants a move to the Lane  :lol:

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
Re: Anelka: " Spurs are favourites to win the title"
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 01:50:37 PM »
Not bad though if he moves here :D

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 02:00:05 PM »
We are years behind the big 2, no chance! Would be a nice suprise though!!

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 02:36:49 PM »
All a bit strange this one.  Could be a rather clumsy way of taking the heat away from Chelsea because, let's face it, whilst we could in principle win the league, it is rather steep to call us "absolute favourites". 

If he is angling for a move (which I am sure he is not) then sounds good to me.  Would happy with him up front on his own, in the fabled 4-2-3-1 system ....

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 02:59:42 PM »
Unfortunately we are not contenders. With Anelka we would be a step closer, we need someone who will convert most of their chances and he falls into that category...

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 06:21:24 PM »
Anelka is not that far off the truth.... in defence, midfield and GK our squad is as strong as anyone's..... and with the right balance upfront to allow the strikers to get goals away from home, we should be right up there until mid-March at least...

assuming we get the same level of injuries to strategic players as our rivals..

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »
I'll have what Anelkas been taking.  :D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 07:46:39 PM by Southend_Yid »

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 07:38:20 PM »
I'll have want Anelkas been taking.  :D
He's taking the piss

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 07:47:10 PM »
Im up for a laugh.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 09:26:06 PM »
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When i saw this my mouth hit the floor, considering our own coach (s**twood) believes we'll be lucky to stay in the top 4.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 10:53:26 PM »
Hope anelka is right haha
COYS!

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 01:16:03 AM »
Are we sure he isn't just winding us up? How can he say that we are absolute favorites and then follow that up by citing the usual suspects and City as primary rivals? I'm thinking this may have been a tongue-in-cheek comment. Then again - perhaps not...

I genuinely believe Spurs are the third best team in the PL behind Chelsea and ManUtd. With only a couple of world-class signings we could push for 2nd. Considering the roster, team identity, leadership, and financial situation - Spurs are on the brink. They are really that good. Now that they're a part of the big show the other clubs have to take it from us.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 10:44:02 AM »
Are we sure he isn't just winding us up? How can he say that we are absolute favorites and then follow that up by citing the usual suspects and City as primary rivals? I'm thinking this may have been a tongue-in-cheek comment. Then again - perhaps not...

I genuinely believe Spurs are the third best team in the PL behind Chelsea and ManUtd. With only a couple of world-class signings we could push for 2nd. Considering the roster, team identity, leadership, and financial situation - Spurs are on the brink. They are really that good. Now that they're a part of the big show the other clubs have to take it from us.

It's a wind up ex scum thinks it funny...... and we've always been part of the big show we just haven't wanted to join in for a while !!!!!!!

:nods:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 01:21:54 AM »
How difficult will it be to get 4th this seaon. Yes thats's right! As difficult as a very very difficult thing wrapped in an nearly impossible task while going for CL, FA cup and the Carling Doda

Let's concentrate on that and forget fukcing Anelka

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2010, 07:11:06 AM »
must have been a long night on the town