SpursNetwork

Young Spurs

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Young Spurs
« on: July 28, 2010, 10:32:01 PM »
With Harry at the helm I doubt it will be long before we sign one or more of our youngsters playing in the first team. Personally I believe Rose and Parret will be having more of a role this season. Rose, because Harry trusted him enough to start him in the North London Derby. Parret, because, well he's had a really good U19 tournement, of which he must have only got back late yesterday early today, only for Harry to have him play in the Spurs XI game, seems like he really wants to see the guy play, plus he started him the the UEFA cup game a couple of seasons back. What do you guys think???
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
Re: Young Spurs
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 08:46:17 AM »
Yes its great to see Harry giving the younger lads a chance, after all they are the future of THFC.

With our participation in this years CL, I think we shall see more of the likes of Rose, Parrat, Townsend and Obika which pleases me immensely but mainly in the domestic cups but they all should be  in and around the squad for League and CL games.
COYS!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 08:54:47 AM »
Before Lennon got injured last season, he had his most consistent season ever. I think alot of that is to do with Harry and his good work with younger players.

are youngest 3 first team players Hudds, Lennon & Bale where arguably our best 3 players last season. So its not just players coming through, the ones we have in the first team will get better and better also  :dance:

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 01:00:18 PM »
Yup very true about Lennon, Hudd and Bale. Its looks good for the future. I would also like to see more of Dos Santos, but I fear he may be moved out in loan again. He had a good world cup and can defiantly play!
Also the two Kyle's (Walker and Naughton) look good decent players. Plenty of youg optomism knocking around the place

COYS
COYS!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 06:13:12 PM »
We are forgetting Dorian Dervite and Jake Livermore who are also part of the first team squad according to the official Website, let's hope that 'Arry can work his magic on all of the youngsters !!!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 06:31:36 PM »
Dervite left.... he went to Villarreal

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 09:13:44 PM »
Anyone read Bostocks interview today, I see his point, but I'm not sure how well the interview will go down though with 'Arry. However Im really glad to see that he said that his dream is to play for spurs, so I really want the guy to play for us now  :lol:
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 10:12:10 PM »
Bostock needs to stop moaning and get his head down. If he trains hard his time will come and Harry will honour him with games. He's done it with Bale, Walker and Rose.

Sometimes I think Bostock's problem is himself, he seems to be his own worst enemy at times. Hopefully he will really plug away and gets given his opportunity through hard work.
COYS!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 10:27:13 PM »
I think he moaning more about the fact... when he goes on Loan he's still on the bench.

Its expected for the Prem to have a verity of nationalitys... but when he goes down a division i guess he expects it to be different, but he's still sitting on the bench.

But lets be honest. He's still only young and he's no wayne rooney... IF he was that good right now he would be playing.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 02:50:58 PM »
I think Arry (and even Levy) see the youngsters as not really there to play.

they are there to supplement the squad's team-spirit and sense of togetherness and continuity. Otherwise we would have to have too many mature pros competing against each other, like will happen most at Citeh, and they will play more for themselves then the team, when picked.

the value in getting t6hese cheap youngsters is that when they go on loan, they can show their class and perhaps invite profitable bids from middling-clubs in the future.

deep down, we all know that as soon as an established player gets injured, we are gonna scream for a big transfer to plug the gap.

young players are abit like the company of women in a group of men.... they civilise us into behaving within accepted boundaries and encourage symbiosis - not dog-eat-dog environment.

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 10:54:34 PM »
EHHHH?????

Personally I love to see a young player get his chance and take it, thats one of the reasons why I like Jamie O'Hara. Having youngsters come through is part of building a consistent successfull team, look at United, the follow the same pattern and it works time and time again, thats why they've been the most successfull English side in recent times, whereas Chelsea just keep using the same players until they start using zimmerframes. In a few years time we could be talking about the likes of Caulker, Bostock, Rose, Obika, Parret and Blackwood as the Core of our first team.

Bill Nicholson

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2010, 07:16:49 PM »
I don't think anybody but Rose gets minutes. Even then I bet they are very limited. Maybe FA cup.

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 07:42:54 PM »
i'm hoping to see Parrett. Personally from what i have seen of Rose i don't think he has got what it tekes.

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 10:19:26 AM »
From what I saw of Andros Townsend against Benfica, he looked class, I reallly hope he gets a chance in the first team this season :D

Bill Nicholson

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 01:58:37 PM »
We don't have a great record of bringing our youngsters through to the first team. Modern football is so pressurised teams are scared to take a chance on youth, preferring to bring in foreigners unused to the English game. How many big name imports have failed to adapt whilst a young English player has been sold of to a lower league club ? Lee Barnard springs to mind he never got a chance with us maybe a couple of late appearances as sub, and that was it off to Southend where he scored goals galore, and now he's doing well at Southampton. Taarabt is the latest one off to QPR for peanuts when he was hailed as the new Zidane when he arrived. I blame us the fans we have no patience we want success we want it yesterday, we wont give some kid a chance to find his feet and learn his trade. Much as I hate to admit it Wenger has got it right, use the Carling Cup to blood young players let them feel the atmosphere of big games make it club policy that no player with more than say 20 first team games will get in the Carling Cup team. Reduce ticket prices for those games to allow young supporters a chance to visit The Lane. We'll probably never win the C.C again but if we can produce a couple of diamonds from the kids thats a price worth paying to my mind.