Pav for Benayoun?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Pav for Benayoun?
« on: May 13, 2010, 05:08:45 PM »
Tottenham Hotspur are considering a move for Liverpool midfielder Yossi Benayoun that could see Roman Pavlyuchenko move in the opposite direction.

Liverpool showed interest in Pavlyuchenko during the winter transfer window and are keen to do a deal, but they are reluctant to meet demands of Benayoun plus £2million for the Russia striker.

The Merseysiders could find better value in doing a straight cash deal for their Israel midfielder and would hope to raise as much as £10m by exploring interest from Aston Villa, Roma, Sevilla and Dynamo Moscow - as well as Spurs.

My first question is why do we need Yossi when we have Kranjcar, Modric, Bale who can all play in that same position.

But in a swap deal is it worth getting him as a squad player

Offline Lowestoft Yid

Re: Pav for Benayoun?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 06:18:14 PM »
I do like Benayoun, but thats one position i think we don't need 2 strenghthen, we also have Sandro coming this year who's ment to be a  'Top Draw' midfielder     :)

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 06:23:14 PM »
Why on earth would we do this ? Pav was just starting to enjoy life at Spurs getting starts and scoring goals. He is a confidence player and Harry showing some belief worked wonders. Trading him for a guy who plays in area where we are already more than well covered is bad enough, but to trade him with a team who will be up there challenging us for a second crack at Champions League qualification seems crazy. Liverpool will be the happiest with this deal, should it go through, of that you can be sure.   

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 08:27:42 PM »
Another stupid rumor, wheres Will with his ITKs when you need him.  :(
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 08:39:29 PM »
No thank you.

We'll keep Super Pav thanks!
COYS!

Offline kkk

• My Chemical Romance - I am not okay
  • Hero: Pav
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 10:50:52 PM »
Why on earth would we do this ? Pav was just starting to enjoy life at Spurs getting starts and scoring goals. He is a confidence player and Harry showing some belief worked wonders. Trading him for a guy who plays in area where we are already more than well covered is bad enough, but to trade him with a team who will be up there challenging us for a second crack at Champions League qualification seems crazy. Liverpool will be the happiest with this deal, should it go through, of that you can be sure.

I would be so gutted if Pav left us he has given us so much joy.
Roman is amazing :D
Be happy and smile
It's the best policy

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 07:30:44 AM »
Why are you guys still talking about Benayoun.. Didnt he signed for Chelsea already? Theres no way we are gonna get him. BTW Super Pav still better than Keano~

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 05:58:24 PM »
Yeah Benayoun has gone to Chelsea already...
COYS!

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 09:10:32 PM »
Locked~