SpursNetwork

If You Were AVB.................

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: If You Were AVB.................
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 02:19:46 PM »
I think Kane has put his case forward quite well to be given an opportunity!

I very much want to see another striker come in during January, not sure if Pato is right for us major injury issues. I would very much like us to get Hernadez from Utd guy is just what we need!

I would also like to see another striker join us in January. I would also like to see Kane on the bench more.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 02:53:37 PM »
Why is Lennon starting?  he was so poor vs Hull last week.  We have a crazy amount of talent sat on our bench which gives us options.  Would like to see Erikson come on asap!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 05:54:29 PM »
Why is Lennon starting?  he was so poor vs Hull last week.  We have a crazy amount of talent sat on our bench which gives us options.  Would like to see Erikson come on asap!

When I saw the team sheet I was very surprised he started. However, I am presuming he used him - with Townsend - to try to feed the strikers more.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 07:26:41 AM »

When I saw the team sheet I was very surprised he started. However, I am presuming he used him - with Townsend - to try to feed the strikers more.

Unfortunately Lennon has lost the ability to do any of the things he used to do. I really think he's finished with us.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 04:36:48 PM »

Unfortunately Lennon has lost the ability to do any of the things he used to do. I really think he's finished with us.

I don’t. I think he still has a lot to contribute. I also think that Lennon is not fully fit or playing up to the standard he was last season. But he is getting there.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 07:27:44 PM »
Lennon is not match fit or sharp IMO, and I really do not understand why he has had a starting place in the last 2 EPL matches, we have far better options.

Instead of Lennon what player should we field, IMO its siggy and Eriksen should be starting ahead of Holtby.  Holtby has had some great games for us as a sub

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 11:16:09 PM »
Lennon is not match fit or sharp IMO, and I really do not understand why he has had a starting place in the last 2 EPL matches, we have far better options.

Instead of Lennon what player should we field, IMO its siggy and Eriksen should be starting ahead of Holtby.  Holtby has had some great games for us as a sub

For me on Sunday, Holtby had an outstanding game, his work rate couldn't be faulted and IMO he is definitely worth his place, the problem as I see it is, that at the moment AVB is playing 5 across midfield, Lennon/Paulinho/Sandro/Holtby/Townsend and whilst this enables us to dominate the midfield, it means when we go forward that we are crowding each other(getting in each others way) which means that the final pass is breaking down. There is no doubt that we have a massive amount of talent sitting on the bench, it is just a case of finding the right mix. At this time I really do not think that Lennon is worth his place and, whilst I really like Paulinho, he does tend to drift in and out of games, I would like to see Lamela given a chance on the left-side replacing Lennon, with Eriksen replacing either Sandro or Paulinho. The trouble is there are probably 4 or 5 different permutations.

:up: :up: :up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2013, 04:51:34 PM »

I've been impressed with Holtby since he first came here. He is a fighter. If we don't play somebody as talented as him he will leave. The same with Eriksen.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 07:25:01 PM »
Whilst I agree Holtby's work rate is exceptional and he has had some great performances for us creating a few goals, I would like to see Eriksen start a few successive games. Perhaps Eriksen and Holtby together in midfield would bring us another option.

Mr Finch I think you are bang on with what you have said about 5 in the middle of the park and the issues it is causing, it is certainly helping our defense but hindering our attacks.

I think we have some way to go to get our formula right to make the most of the vast talent we have, its a great situation to be in really, to think we are 4th (joint second on points) and we havent really got going yet!.

Voice saying a player needs to start due to their talent or they will leave is a bit gash, you could say that of any player really! It all depends how they view their career and how much they like being at the club.  Players know todays game is all about a big talented squad to succeed in all comps as much as possible so all know they cant always start!  No one can speak for a player regarding leaving only that player them self!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 04:29:41 PM »
Whilst I agree Holtby's work rate is exceptional and he has had some great performances for us creating a few goals, I would like to see Eriksen start a few successive games. Perhaps Eriksen and Holtby together in midfield would bring us another option.

Mr Finch I think you are bang on with what you have said about 5 in the middle of the park and the issues it is causing, it is certainly helping our defense but hindering our attacks.

I think we have some way to go to get our formula right to make the most of the vast talent we have, its a great situation to be in really, to think we are 4th (joint second on points) and we havent really got going yet!.

Voice saying a player needs to start due to their talent or they will leave is a bit gash, you could say that of any player really! It all depends how they view their career and how much they like being at the club.  Players know todays game is all about a big talented squad to succeed in all comps as much as possible so all know they cant always start!  No one can speak for a player regarding leaving only that player them self!

What I meant was that his talent fits our style and could feed the strikers. I also agree that Holtby and Erikson could and should be in the same team together.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2013, 07:48:37 AM »
Eriksen out for 4 weeks, and Danny Rose still out with a toe problem seriously just cut ya toe nails ya little sick note.

I would like to see us play to win today instead of playing to avoid defeat, lets see and attacking formation and line up and go for it!

Without 3 points today we will remain in 7th and top 4 will start to look a bit unlikely as the teams above us are gathering pace.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2013, 01:21:03 PM »
Eriksen out for 4 weeks, and Danny Rose still out with a toe problem seriously just cut ya toe nails ya little sick note.

I would like to see us play to win today instead of playing to avoid defeat, lets see and attacking formation and line up and go for it!

Without 3 points today we will remain in 7th and top 4 will start to look a bit unlikely as the teams above us are gathering pace.

Yes, we've got to start off in an attacking mod. But them in the back burner.

I see that Hart isn't starting.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Metalanimal

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2013, 02:41:20 PM »
Its gone terribly wrong, I cant understand it 3 nil down at half time, mid table here we come!

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2013, 06:03:42 PM »
Its gone terribly wrong, I cant understand it 3 nil down at half time, mid table here we come!

I still think it is an open league. We've lost 4 matches, the same as United and City.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2013, 06:53:31 PM »

It is time for AVB to go outside with his revolver and do us all a favour !!!

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion