SpursNetwork

I missed all this so much

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
I missed all this so much
« on: September 01, 2012, 06:52:01 PM »
Harry ruined it all. Up until this season I forgot what it was like to be a Spurs supporter. For nearly 4 years I used to travel to WHL expecting to see beautiful football, which more than likely ended up in a Spurs win. Fortunately things have now reverted back to how they used to be. The players now run around like headless chickens without a clue of what they are meant to do. Players like Livermore (ie Steven Clemence) treat the ball like a hot potato and pass it any way but forward. If we are really lucky we even get to see players such as Jenas strutting their stuff. I would like to take this opportunity in thanking our new manager AVB for this chance to enjoy the good old days. I would also like to thank our chairman for once again making an enormous profit during the transfer season, rather than improving our squad.

Most of all I would like to thank god for making me a Spurs fan
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: I missed all this so much
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 10:19:19 AM »
Baldbloke I feel your irony may well be lost on many that use this board !!!

:2funny:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 11:06:34 AM »
Baldbloke that is funny but on last 3 games oh so true..... the irony eh

I am starting to loose my optimism based on our results and performances to date, not being able to defend late on against what are or should be lesser teams.  Perhaps our new signings will make a big difference???
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 11:54:25 AM »
Villas-Boas got 7 points from first 3 games with Chelsea. I'm starting to feel we are heading back to the late nineties when we played like nervous rabbits, constantly drew games and ended up around 9th or 10th place.

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 07:10:54 PM »
Villas-Boas got 7 points from first 3 games with Chelsea. I'm starting to feel we are heading back to the late nineties when we played like nervous rabbits, constantly drew games and ended up around 9th or 10th place.

9th or 10th, that's very optimistic

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 07:37:18 AM »
And how many points did we get over the last 15 or so games under Harry ?? And isn't it the same basic defence ( with the exception of Verthonghen ) that conceded soft goals week in week out last season ?? And isn't it the same Defoe who misses countless chances to win games ??
Would it not make sense to at least give the new players like Dempsey, Dembele, Verthongen etc a chance to bed in ???
If we are still in this mess after 10 or so games then I will agree with the points of view expressed above.

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 07:49:58 AM »
After 3 games it can only be described as a shambles, team selection is bizzare

Why are Spurs persisting with Gallas? Huddlestone fails a medical at Stoke and makes the bench all in the same week! Why sell VDV?

Why buy Dempsey coz his first choice was Liverpool not Spurs.

As have said on this site AVB should be given a chance I think we will know after 10 games if this guy is real or a nobody unfortunatley by then our season could be in tatters!

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 06:00:33 PM »
And how many points did we get over the last 15 or so games under Harry ?? And isn't it the same basic defence ( with the exception of Verthonghen ) that conceded soft goals week in week out last season ?? And isn't it the same Defoe who misses countless chances to win games ??
Would it not make sense to at least give the new players like Dempsey, Dembele, Verthongen etc a chance to bed in ???
If we are still in this mess after 10 or so games then I will agree with the points of view expressed above.

Why not just agree now and get it out of the away ?

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2012, 12:50:27 AM »
This thread makes very interesting reading, I wonder what the thoughts of the 6 contributors are now, I said 6, that does not include you Voice, but no doubt you will not be able to help yourself will you?

;) ;) ;)
:SN:[font

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 09:11:01 AM »
This thread makes very interesting reading, I wonder what the thoughts of the 6 contributors are now, I said 6, that does not include you Voice, but no doubt you will not be able to help yourself will you?

;) ;) ;)

Our finish will depend on how long it takes Levy to sack the moron. The trouble is that Levy stuck his neck out when he signed him and will be reluctant to lose face. This may delay the inevitable, along with the fact there isn't a great manager (other than Arry) out there to take his place. I believe as soon as we hit 14th, which will be about February, AVB will be on his way. Our finishing position will depend on AVB's replacement. I would like to say that our performances will depend on the January signings, however as our tight arsed chairman  is more likely to sell than buy, this won't be a factor.

In short, right this season off !!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 11:11:15 AM »
Firstly may I just point out that yesterday at the Wanderers I actually thought by jove AVB's finally got it, he's finally worked it out..... then I realised that he had basically set up copying 'Arry from last season, and boy didn't we look good  Then Adebayor got sent off and AVB's tactical desicions astounded me why not close up and defend instead of still trying to go for it, we were 1-0 up consolidate for 20 mins, and if anyone can explain his second half subs then please do because basically our left hand side was so wide open you could of got a 279 bus from highbury corner and driven it down through there !!!!
Twelve games in and we have W5 D2 L5 and are 8th plus we are going backwards now losing ground at an alarming rate having lost 4 out of our last 5 games we have also used more players than any other prem side !!!
All those of you out there who keep advocating the mantre give AVB a chance should now be asking yourselves ..... For how long because there are no signs of this getting any better.
We played and have always played fast, flowing attractive football with a touch of flair that many of you love to point out hasn't won us much but it has always been entertaining. Well now the football is s**te and we still ain't winning. We had a manager that had our team playing wonderful football and getting results I used to be happy filled with a warm pround glowing feeling after watching Spurs for the last few years now I just feel cold and let down. Just because 'Arry wouldn't rule himself out for the England job Levy dumped him and employed a moron that managed to turn a top 2 side into a team struggling to make the top 8.... I'm afraid it's time for AVB to admit that he just isn't good enough no matter which way you flower it up AVB is another Ramos made a name for himself in Europe but can't cut it in the Prem !!!
Call me a doom and gloomer if you like but I want my Tottenham back and I don't AVB anywhere near it !!!!!!!!!!

:'(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 03:44:03 PM »
Firstly may I just point out that yesterday at the Wanderers I actually thought by jove AVB's finally got it, he's finally worked it out..... then I realised that he had basically set up copying 'Arry from last season, and boy didn't we look good 

So you kept going on about how AVB will never play 2 up front...he is so negative...tactically inept etc. Etc. Then when he does play the formation you wanted it is copying Harry?

Then Adebayor got sent off and AVB's tactical desicions astounded me why not close up and defend instead of still trying to go for it, we were 1-0 up consolidate for 20 mins, and if anyone can explain his second half subs then please do because basically our left hand side was so wide open you could of got a 279 bus from highbury corner and driven it down through there !!!!
Once Ade was sent off there was no way we would be able to defend the lead for another 70 odd minutes, that being said playing defensive for 20 mins may have reduced the impact. However, once we were 3-1 down, AVB made some bold changes and I actually thought it showed he was not giving up the chance to pull off a result. I would rather that than just give up.  We still made chances, Lennon could have put us 2-0 up, Bale’s chance should have been played to defoe. Had we gone 4-3, who knows maybe they would have rattled. Problem is Ars*nal are a good side and going down to 10 meant a very unlikely point. To be fair most of us thought we would be fortunate to get a point with 11 men. I didn’t think we would get any before the game.

Twelve games in and we have W5 D2 L5 and are 8th plus we are going backwards now losing ground at an alarming rate having lost 4 out of our last 5 games we have also used more players than any other prem side !!!
All those of you out there who keep advocating the mantre give AVB a chance should now be asking yourselves ..... For how long because there are no signs of this getting any better.

I have made my position clear actually. I think we should get 14 more points by Christmas and did not plan on any of those would be gained from Man City or Ars*nal. So still on track. You see it is possible to be positive, show support, be critical based on factual information and put your beliefs to the test. My position will be based on results. At present AVB our form suggests that AVB has a bit of work to do, but it is possible. In this way, as we approach Xmas my position will become clearer.

I ask once again for others to be as bold and commit their support based on points scored, not just on personal beliefs.  We have 6 games until Xmas, how many points would you need us to get to either support, reject or to need to see any squad improvements.

14 points or more = full support
10-14 points = partial support/transfers pending
9 points or less = AVB has to go, Levy under pressure
Maybe next year...

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 12:14:26 AM »

14 points or more = full support
10-14 points = partial support/transfers pending
9 points or less = AVB has to go, Levy under pressure

6 points so far - 4 games to go till christmas.

Therefore - 3 points or less and I will join the AVB out campaign
4 - 7 points = partial support
8 points or more = Full support.

No one was willing to place their head on the block for this, but I strongly believe that those AVB haters were thinking they would have a new member by Christmas based on their predictions.
Maybe next year...