SpursNetwork

Tottenham 3-0 Werder Bremen

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Werder Bremen
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2010, 09:27:56 PM »
Well done Crouch, hes needs to get his goal tally up but to be fair he does have a fantastic record in Europe! The atmosphere sounds incredible i would have loved to be there. 'Are you Ars*nal in disguise' and '3 Nil and a long way home' 'We beat the scum 3-2' are my favourites and of course 'Oh when the Spurs...' sounded fantastic. Lennon has been MOTM in my opinion, just quality.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2010, 09:39:44 PM »
Modric MOTM for me, He totally ran the game

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2010, 09:41:35 PM »
The work rate of everyone tonight has been top drawer just what was needed, Gomes managed to stay sharp and keep concentration until when finally needed.

We dominated the game and totally controlled it, nice warm up for the FC Twente game finish top of teh group would be ideal.

MOTM for me Bale even with his penalty miss, he does the basisc so effectively..... Lennon is looking like he is coming back to form all good news for us.

Any news on Jenas

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 09:44:38 PM »
Modric, Bale, Hutton, Lennon.....sod it the lot of them were fantastic. Did Gomes have any saves to make!? Well thats it were through, but it would be nice to top the group. Lennon is definitely on form at the moment, lets go rip Liverpool apart on sunday!!! YID ARMY

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Tottenham 3-0 Werder Bremen
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 10:19:19 PM »
REALLY impressed with the movement of the 2 strikers in both halves.... they occupied the 4 defenders so well with the clever movement that it created huge spaces in the midfield to exploit with our great attacking FBs.... the perfect use of a 4-4-2....

thought Bale was abit selfish at times (maybe he needs to be rested for a game here and there).... LENNON WAS BRILLIANT... pure quality and intelligent movement on/off the ball (far better than Bale's 2day).... got 2 assists brilliantly and should have had 3, FANTASTIC LINKPLAY WITH HUTTON down the rightside....

if vdV plays ahead of Lennon on Sunday after that display, Lennon should slap in a transfer request pronto..

with Bremen's lack of fight, it even made Modri9c look good over a whole 90mins....AMAZING.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2010, 03:22:04 AM »
Kinda sucks to see Werder just fall flat like that.

But hey, at least it was against the only team in the world I would cheer for against them:

:spurs:

That is, our beloved Tottenham Hotspur! :D Y'never know, top of the group might actually be feasible! Spurs need to continue this run of good form into and through that Twente match. And we can't get overconfident, because Twente did surprise everyone in the Netherlands last season. :P

Werder will have to beat Inter to even be able to go Europa at this point. And I'm a little gutted, but that's football for ya. And Spurs are my priority over Werder. Simple as.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2010, 03:30:35 AM »
REALLY impressed with the movement of the 2 strikers in both halves.... they occupied the 4 defenders so well with the clever movement that it created huge spaces in the midfield to exploit with our great attacking FBs.... the perfect use of a 4-4-2....

thought Bale was abit selfish at times (maybe he needs to be rested for a game here and there).... LENNON WAS BRILLIANT... pure quality and intelligent movement on/off the ball (far better than Bale's 2day).... got 2 assists brilliantly and should have had 3, FANTASTIC LINKPLAY WITH HUTTON down the rightside....

if vdV plays ahead of Lennon on Sunday after that display, Lennon should slap in a transfer request pronto..

with Bremen's lack of fight, it even made Modri9c look good over a whole 90mins....AMAZING.

You make a few valid points and then descend into utter lunacy. I know you're upset about the Braga result, but we Spurs supporters are thrilled we have qualified for the knockout stages. I suppose if Modric had been injured you'd be on here talking about how it helped the team.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 04:42:20 PM »
Vdv if fit will play, I am almost expecting us to revert back to a lone striker in defoe with VDV supporting against pisspool on sunday then if it doesnt work we can mix it about.

We have many strong options at the moment its awesome
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2010, 05:14:25 PM »
if Arry is so weak as to let the fanbase dictate the shoehorning-in of 'famous' players, and pick vdV with Defoe as a lone-striker, then we will truly deserve everything that comes with that...

asking Ghaly to sit down again within seconds of bring him on, cos the 'experts' told him what they thought, is gonna be nothing compared to what could lie ahead if the popular vote dictates that both vdV and Defoe play no matter what..

Liverpool are not great, but are a dangerous team with a rather good striker called Torres (in case you havent heard).... thry will get the early goal and then do what they do best m(shut up shop) and will win.... we then go level with them on pts and maybe 6pts behind Abu Dhabi County...

if vdV plays on Sunday ahead of Lennon.... Liverpool will win..... and we can slowly but surely kiss Top4 goodbye..

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2010, 05:26:34 PM »
I think you will find that Harry is the manager not the fans. It seems to be taking you a long time to grasp this concept.

If your usual sprouting of all things rubbish is correct then the 'stupid fans' must have been the resaon behind our vast improvement since Harry arrived and he is due a lot of thanks to the guidence given to him by the stands.

Seriously how much longer do we have to put up with this jackass posting his drivel on here?

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2010, 05:38:42 PM »
if Arry is so weak as to let the fanbase dictate the shoehorning-in of 'famous' players, and pick vdV with Defoe as a lone-striker, then we will truly deserve everything that comes with that...

asking Ghaly to sit down again within seconds of bring him on, cos the 'experts' told him what they thought, is gonna be nothing compared to what could lie ahead if the popular vote dictates that both vdV and Defoe play no matter what..

Liverpool are not great, but are a dangerous team with a rather good striker called Torres (in case you havent heard).... thry will get the early goal and then do what they do best m(shut up shop) and will win.... we then go level with them on pts and maybe 6pts behind Abu Dhabi County...

if vdV plays on Sunday ahead of Lennon.... Liverpool will win..... and we can slowly but surely kiss Top4 goodbye..

You came out with sort of crap before the Woolwich Wanderers game about VDV and not playing him because it didn't help our system. Well I have some news for you when Modric, VDV and Bale are fit they will play, shoehorned in or otherwise.

I really think its time that you cut your losses and left this forum because you really do not seem to be able to post anything without being condesending, arrogant, rude or just plain inflammitory. there must be a Gooner or Chelski forum out there that would appreciate your so called wit !!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2010, 07:11:35 PM »
I see Ugs and millers-tach are still nearly always just responding to MY posts...lol

we'll see if Modric, vdV and Defoe all play together shall we.... should be an entertaining game..

for someone.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 11:55:04 AM by RiffHard »

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2010, 06:26:55 AM »
It seems to me that Spurs enjoy playing European opposition - they are given time to settle down into a pattern of effective play.

Modric had a very poor first half and probably got a bit of a roasting from HR. Kaboul's well taken goal made all the difference. Reassuring to see the boy Lennon producing good runs with 2 quality passes setting up scores.  Our man at right back is a solid specimen and his pass for Crouch to knock down for Modric to score was nicely weighted - the man is well able to defend too.

The goal difference in our favour right now is equivilent to an extra point  and will be crucial to a kinder draw for the next round. Id like to see Bale getting rested for that game. Nice to see the boy has stopped fiddling with his hair during games - probably means his concentration has improved somewhat.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2010, 03:58:52 PM »
excellent synopsis of the game there Akhtar baby..... nice to see some original thought on here (apart from my own of course) and great to see someone actually recognise what Modric DOESNT bring as a CM of a midfield-4 using wingers....

sure beats the not infrequent simple-Simon hackneyed cliches gushed over the great Modric usually posted on here...

stick around.... theres 1 or 2 others you might engage with  in worthwhile debate over on here (Taime and even occasional Willsy, as well as someone else).... but be prepared for the usual pub-cliches-mob too...