SpursNetwork

Inter Milan 4-3 Tottenham

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Inter Milan 4-3 Tottenham
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 09:49:32 PM »
Despite Bale's hat-trick it is hard to take any positives from this game. Sorry.

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2010, 09:55:20 PM »
Heres 1. Second half 10spurs players scored 3 unanswered goals away from home against the competition champions

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »
2 Minutes of injury time!?!?!?!?! I think there should have been more than that, if who knows what might have been..........

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 10:10:13 PM »
BigVilly.......

who won the ball that 2 passes later went to Bale for his 1st goal ??

who then won the ball again and had an assist for Bale's 2nd ??

who THEN AGAIN won the ball in the right-wing position and passed to Lennon to set up Bale for the 3rd ??

that Jenas eh... just can't tackle.... if only Modric was there instead  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 10:13:59 PM »
BigVilly.......

who won the ball that 2 passes later went to Bale for his 1st goal ??

who then won the ball again and had an assist for Bale's 2nd ??

who THEN AGAIN won the ball in the right-wing position and passed to Lennon to set up Bale for the 3rd ??

that Jenas eh... just can't tackle.... if only Modric was there instead  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Still think we should sell Bale? Or was it someone else who was saying that.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2010, 10:18:16 PM »
Never mind. I see that has been discussed elsewhere.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 10:20:32 PM »
now more than ever... he just added 10m euros to his label..... reckon we could get Benzema and still have 10m to  get a replacement..

Bale will definately be gone by August now.... maybe as soon as February..

great day for marketing players for sale..

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2010, 11:41:45 PM »
Who sold the f*ckin shirt in the very first minute and didnt track his man?

Dowesnt matter what he did after that because that single act of his usual p*sh is why the game started so badly.

I have never said Jenas was a crap player as his mobilty is an asset but he will always let you down. He did the same thing again later and Gallas had to step in to calm other players moaning at him.

Losing to the current CL winners is not a disaster and i think we can take them at the lane. Great second half spirit to keep going Jenas and all.

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2010, 09:20:09 AM »
jenas didnt make bales first 2 goals keown, bale did!!!. As for trying to say that he passed to lennon who went on a mazy run to set up bales 3rd is laughable mate just like the rest of your nonsense.  Stop tying to see positives where there is none for jenas. He is like audley harrisson- always promising better things but getting his ass whupped in the process.

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2010, 09:48:57 AM »
Crouch should have done alot better with the header attempt in the first half, a great ball in from Lennon and he put it well over the bar! I thought Lennon had a good game last night, good movement, pace and nice final balls in, maybe he has found his form again and we need him to tear Everton apart on saturday. BAE and Gallas were always a good yard away from there men and nobody got close enough to close down or make challenges, third goal the defence was a joke! Shame we went down to 10 men so early and Modric was bought off because i was looking forward to seeing him up against Inter. ''3 nil in the second half'' The support out there sounded absolutely brilliant as always, well done for everyone who travelled. COYS

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2010, 11:11:48 AM »
BigVillyboy

I said that Jenas won the ball to set up the moves for all 3 Spurs goals.... thats a FACT.

for a player that apparently can't tackle, that doesnt seem like a bad return on the night.... and whether you like it or not Jenas also provided the assist for Bale's 2nd goal.... also a FACT.

Jenas was easily the better of the plodding hulk THudd who yet again proved very average without the ball and closing space and players down, as well as not producing the occasional shiny-object pretty pass he's god at...

and where was the great  Modric mate ??...... on the great bench after 15mins....... so much for the great Modric being so much better at |CM than the 'useless' Jenas

I think we both now know where Modric stands in the CM pecking-order.... and he aint ahead of Bale or Lennon in the wide positions, which begs the question...

what DO you do with a 2nd-choice player that cost 20m ??.... :ohyeah:

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2010, 11:14:40 AM »
None of them were close enough to their man! so we were brushed aside we ease. It didnt help that everyone ball watched for 45 mins! Everytime they had a shot our players were static, they looked like they were here on a Geography trip been shown around the stadium. I must have shouted "move to the ball" and "tackle him" 50 times last night.

Jenas was at fault for the 1st for not tracking Zanetti when Hutton was pulled inside by their winger. Jenas decided to jog away from Zanetti.

BAE was at fault for number 2. He had a 15yrd head start on the Inter player when that ball was played through. Gomes did come out like a headless chicken though. But the point remians if BAE had looked he would have seen that their was some one on his outside. And it was a penalty and a s/o for Gomes in my view, god knows why he was messing around asking the ref what the red card was for. The ref even showed him it twice  :lol:

Goal 3 i felt Hudd have two opportunites to clear the ball which he didnt do so subsequently it was an easy strike for Stankovic to take. No chance for Cudicini.

And finally Gallas was the main guilty party for the last Inter goal trying to play offside with Et'o. Play to the whistle you fool. Et'o did him for pace. I expected a lot more from Gallas in a leadership and experiance sense having played many times in this competition before. He looked as sheepish as the rest of the team.

In an attacking sense, Crouch did his best but was extremely hard after Modric was subbed, should have done better with his header in the first 45 mins. Lennon played well i thought when he had the ball, Inter tried to double team him which made it harder for him the get the ball in the box, but he still got crosses in and never gave up trying to beat his men.
Jenas was Jenas really, made some good runs but when in a good position he gave the ball away on more than one occasion. Didnt give up which was pleasing, as did none of the lads!

And Bale, well... need i say anything? 3 goals (he tried running at them all night, and he beat his man on numerous occasions to the by line was good. Pity we only had Crouch in the box)

A stunning hat-trick away from home against the defending CL champions says it all! I doubt Maicon will be best please - the opposing winger running straight past you and scroing 3 against you  :lol: :lol: 

The boy is class.

To only lose by one goal to the CL Champions in Milan - I'll take that after the start we had.

We MUST improve defensivly though. One clean sheet all season isn't what we require to get back to 4th!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 11:17:56 AM by dedleysting »
COYS!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2010, 11:22:28 AM »
Jenas was indeed at fault for not tracking Zanetti, but not even a minute into the game it was kinda flukey for any team to score so early on....

yet despite this fault, Arry STILL thought enough of Jenas to keep him on and take the great Modric off instead... the same great Modric that so many think is so superior to Jenas...

that alone to me is worth the mistake Jenas made, as it perfectly clarifies where Madric is truly in the midfield pecking-order, when Jenas is fully-fit.... so in that respect the result was worth it..

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2010, 12:33:58 PM »
Jenas was indeed at fault for not tracking Zanetti, but not even a minute into the game it was kinda flukey for any team to score so early on....

yet despite this fault, Arry STILL thought enough of Jenas to keep him on and take the great Modric off instead... the same great Modric that so many think is so superior to Jenas...

that alone to me is worth the mistake Jenas made, as it perfectly clarifies where Madric is truly in the midfield pecking-order, when Jenas is fully-fit.... so in that respect the result was worth it..

Talk about the team please, and not one individual!
COYS!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2010, 01:17:15 PM »

Talk about the team please, and not one individual!
Exactly my thought. How about we end this debate about Jenas, some rate   him, some don't and insulting each other doesn't really make change   one's views.