Zanetti '2
Eto'o '11 '35
Stankovic '14
____

4-3
____

Tottenham
Bale '52 '90 '90

UEFA Champions League Group A - 20th Oct 2010 - KO 19:45-  Ground: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

20-10-2010 - Inter Milan 4-3 Tottenham H. (Group A) :: ÷ÉÄÅÏ ÎÁ RuTube
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:26:03 PM by Biggs »

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Inter Milan v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 11:01:21 AM »
Im going to miss this one as i have to work >:( ...anyway....it could be a long night for us in the San Siro..no VDV...probably no King either...Crouch up front on his own...we'll be very lucky if we come away with a draw from this one...dont get me wrong, the Nerazzurri  are not the same side with Bentiez in charge, but they are still a very good team. 
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 12:10:17 PM »
Confidence is everything and we have it at the moment, doesn't matter who we play. I can see us getting a result there. Inter are good don't get me wrong, but so are wen and we are on a bit of a roll at the moment

COYS!
COYS!

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 10:23:23 AM »
Bassong and BAE will know Eto'o's moves as they have trained with him for Cameroon for years.... will know what to expect from him..

if as I suspect, Jenas plays just off Crouch with Bale and Lennon out wide, then we will have a very effective counter-atacking component, especially with Crouch's aerial ability and ball hold-up skills we can use by banging the ball up from deep...

quietly confident about this one.

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 10:28:37 AM »
            Gomes
Hutton/Gallas/Bassong/BAE
        Thudd/Jenas
Lennon  Moddle  Bale
        Pav or Crouch

I think the above lineup is most likely for tonight and IMHO I think we will get at least a draw. Fingers crosses.
 C.O.Y.S

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 11:27:16 AM »
if we play the great Modric as a 2nd striker behind Crouch, we will be lucky to get even 2 attempts on goal from open-play for the whole match... we will also get spanked 3-0...

if we play counter-attack mainly, we will need Jenas' pace to get up quickly to support Crouch.... otherwise forget it..

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 11:38:27 AM »
if we play the great Modric as a 2nd striker behind Crouch, we will be lucky to get even 2 attempts on goal from open-play for the whole match... we will also get spanked 3-0...

if we play counter-attack mainly, we will need Jenas' pace to get up quickly to support Crouch.... otherwise forget it..

I have to disagree Gareth, I think Jenas will be needed where you keep telling us he plays best - in central midfield next to Thudd. If not Modders then the only other choice is imo Kranjcar.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 11:56:43 AM »
Hey you lot whats with the negativity, we all know its going to be a tough game, but we are playing well at the moment, do you think that Inter are going to underestimate us, they are the one's with all the pressure, not us. I reckon we can come away with a draw, and possibly nick a win. So come on lads be positive!!!!!!!!!!!! :nods: :nods: :nods: :nods: :nods: :nods: :nods:  C O Y S  :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:
:SN:[font

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 12:47:36 PM »
Cant wait to see my beloved Spurs on the TV on a wednesday night in the champions league playing at the San Siro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It doesnt get much better than this, well it does if we get a result. Draw or Win and a great fighting performance and i will be happy. Maybe Krancjar should be given a chance? Good to have Gallas back because even though lacking matches his experience on nights like this is vital, Modric will have a huge part to play tonight and even though past couple of matches hes been off the boil i hope he performs tonight on the big stage. YID ARMY!!!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 02:39:05 PM »

I have to disagree Gareth, I think Jenas will be needed where you keep telling us he plays best - in central midfield next to Thudd. If not Modders then the only other choice is imo Kranjcar.

within the context of the game-plan and our lack of pace upfront, I really think we need Jenas' pace to counter effectively..... Crouch can win the highballs and hold up the play but he will need someone to support him rapidly... as well as having the pace out wide alone..

if we had a lone striker with pace eg. Fabiano, then we could get away with THudd-Jenas or even Modric as 1 of the CMs... but we dont have such a striker..

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 03:58:13 PM »
Sky Sports News just said that we have 15,000 fans out in Italy! How much was the allocation at the San Siro anyone know? I would have loved to go oout there, maybe next year if we clinch 4th!

Offline Dutchspurs

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 04:23:30 PM »
Can't wait, not sure of the result but so so so so so so Happy to see us finally playing at this level    :D :D

C O Y S

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 05:22:33 PM »
This is one of those games we seem to have waited for many years to play.

I think the boys will be right up for it tonight but it is going to be tricky game. Even with Milito out they still have some cracking players.

Just as well we have a few ourselves!

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 05:34:52 PM »
I think arry will play 5 across the midfield with either pav or crouch up front a s suggested. I also think that he will play Palacious in midfield in a defensive postiion to try and break up play and hit em on the counter attack. Shame his form is below par. Nervous about tonight and excited all at once. :-\

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 06:52:50 PM »
II think Palacios only started a game this season in the League Cup match.... hardly gonna be starting today then in a slightly more important competition.... maybe Sandra will play too  :ohyeah: