SpursNetwork

Palace 1 Spurs 3

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Palace 1 Spurs 3
« on: January 24, 2016, 04:38:02 PM »
This match – Palace – could have been a recipe for a disaster. Palace has done well under Pardew, and are still a good side, even considering they’ve lost 4 or 5 in a row. And of course going down 1-0 (by our own hands) heighted our fears. But the sign of a good team is how quickly they can bounce back; and Spurs did that with abundance.
Vertonghen, giving the home team the lead, Spurs quickly came back with a Harry Kane goal, a well-deserved equaliser; which came from a powerful header from Chadli. An incredible 25-yard volley from Dele Alli, finally putting us in the lead. Alli then flicked the ball up, then back over his own head and volleyed into the bottom corner, before Chadli curled in a late third goal.

We had 64% of the match and 24 shots on goal (to their 11). We are now equal on goal difference with City. We are 5 pts behind the league leaders (Leicester City). We are 5 pts in front of 5th placed United (who lost to Southampton 1-0). We’ve lost only 3 games this season. We’ve conceded less goals than any other team (19) in the Premier League. At this time of season, that is good innings. It is still too early to suggest anything, but that doesn’t mean we can’t start to dream.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Re: Palace 1 Spurs 3
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 08:10:06 PM »
Too early :) Dreams should start at 35 games with less than 10 to go ;)
----------------

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 11:44:11 PM »
I have known Spurs for too long and dreaming at this or any stage is defo out of the question. As I mentioned on another thread "i's not in the bag until it's in the bag" and the bag is still 15 games and 3 moths away!

Great game, great goals and great play!

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 12:07:48 PM »
We all know Spurs, and we all know their history. And it was that history the showed us what we can achieve and have achieved through inspiration and dreaming.
This game was a good game. We showed that we don't lie down and rollover once we concede a goal. We showed that we have enough depth, whether we get another striker or not, to achieve something this year.

Look at the past. Liverpool have had their day, so has United and Chelsea. Ars*nal have had their day, now it is time for Spurs and City. :hide:

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 12:48:24 PM »
We all know Spurs, and we all know their history. And it was that history the showed us what we can achieve and have achieved through inspiration and dreaming.
This game was a good game. We showed that we don't lie down and rollover once we concede a goal. We showed that we have enough depth, whether we get another striker or not, to achieve something this year.

Look at the past. Liverpool have had their day, so has United and Chelsea. Ars*nal have had their day, now it is time for Spurs and City. :hide:

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Hi Ruth. Before I would go so far as to say Liverpool, Utd, Chelsea and Ars*nal have had their day, lets see if we can beat them all first, for the results of those games could well determine how we finish this season.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 07:44:20 PM »
Whether we dream or not, we are doing very well. The best in seasons. Actually the best since the Premiership started. Going one down and then fighting back showed our determination and fighting spirit. This is all down to our manager. Palace was a big test for us, and we passed with flying colours. Now we've got Colchester and then Norwich in the league.

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 01:40:41 PM »
And now JVT is out for 3 months maybe thanks to that peice of s**t wickam.We should be able to sue palace.f**king south london pikeys  :tossa:
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 03:52:58 PM »
And now JVT is out for 3 months maybe thanks to that peice of s**t wickam.We should be able to sue palace.f**king south london pikeys  :tossa:

Well, now we will see how good the quality of our squad is. Wimmer now will step up and prove his worth.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 07:50:17 PM »
We used to lose against matches like this, but after being beaten by Newcastle we seem to have come back strong. I have noticed a difference in Spurs this season. I hope the rumours are wrong about Chelsea and United after our manager. Levy must fight to keep him.

Jane x

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 11:29:11 PM »
We used to lose against matches like this, but after being beaten by Newcastle we seem to have come back strong. I have noticed a difference in Spurs this season. I hope the rumours are wrong about Chelsea and United after our manager. Levy must fight to keep him.

Jane x

Snag is what could Levy do to keep Pochetino if he wanted to go? Not a lot.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 04:43:11 PM »

Jane x

Snag is what could Levy do to keep Pochetino if he wanted to go? Not a lot.

Yes, he could leave and within months get the sack; as most do at Chelsea and even United. Anyway, he has said he won't leave for a English club.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 04:26:53 PM »

Yes, he could leave and within months get the sack; as most do at Chelsea and even United. Anyway, he has said he won't leave for a English club.

True!. My belief is that he likes it at Spurs and there is no reason at this point to suggest that either Chelsea or MU are turning his head. In fact he has done so well in building this team that he will want to stay to reap the results. imo

We just have to keep on plugging as we are doing at the moment so that not only HE will stay, but also the great squad that he has put together with the added bonus of attracting more top players in the future.

:coys: