SpursNetwork

Colchester United 1 Spurs 4

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Colchester United 1 Spurs 4
« on: January 30, 2016, 03:35:54 PM »
Goals from Chadli (2), Dier and Carroll sealed it for Spurs to go into the next round (5th). Colchester put up a fair fight and even got a goal back (own goal), but in the end Spurs were too strong for the league strugglers (who have one of the worst defences in the league). Personally I thought they could have got more, but took their foot of the gas at times. But a good win nevertheless. In FA Cup matches only one goal counts. Now Spurs march on to the next round.
Spurs had 69% of the match, 27 shots to 13, with 8 shots on target to their one.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: "The win means a lot. We showed respect for our opponent, we knew all about Colchester because the competition is magic and we needed to be very focused. In the first 12-15 minutes we created a lot of chances but it was difficult to score. Maybe we invited them to believe a little but always the game was under control and it was a fair result."

I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
Re: Colchester United 1 Spurs 4
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 09:38:39 PM »
A good game and fair play to Colchester who had a real go second half, we had lots of chances and to be honest I think we took are foot of the pedal and allowed Colchester to get some belief, Chadli played well  and scored another great goal, Carol played well and we played some good stuff. I personalty would have like us to play at premiership pace as that would have dulled any chance of the opposition early on but we did the job and bring on Palace next round.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 08:33:52 PM »
Good win, but we should have scored more. But we won, and that is all that matters. Now we face Palace at home. Looking forward to it.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 10:00:17 AM »
An interesting stadium, never been before. The first half I thought we were sloppy, but then we got into it. It ended up a well deserved win. Palace at home is our reward and we must make sure that we finish it off on the night as we don't want more replays.  :dance: :dance: :dance: :up:

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 12:23:05 PM »
I agree, a well compact and interesting stadium. I think one of the reasons to Spurs success this season is that there is no out and out striker, which confuses Spurs opponents. Anybody can score, so while Spurs opponents concentrate on Kane one of the other players gets into important position to shoot. Spurs have only lost three times this season, and on two of those occasions they looked tired and were caught by surprise. The other time we scored for our opponent.

The Colchester win was a good one for us. The next round won't be so easy, even though we are at home

Jane x