SpursNetwork

Next Manager

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Next Manager
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2014, 01:34:53 AM »
 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

YES!!!!! We have got our man. The target we have been hoping for. No one saw it coming but Levy has managed to pull off the greatest coup in recent history. All of our problems are solved, Levy is the messiah and his vision is what will deliver us from the evil depths of obscurity. We can all relax now, everything will be okay.

...What scares me most about this, is the expectation that we should all get behind our manager now he is the one in charge and no one should question the reasoning behind this appointment. Don't get me wrong, I am not about to start calling for Pochettino's head before giving him a chance, that would be unfair and detrimental to any progress we could make. But that doesn't mean we should just forget the mess that has been left behind. Because for me we should be demanding more answers from Levy, not just let this play out and wait for Levy to change the manager again.

The way to rectify this would be to make a clear promise, that if for any reason Pochettino doesn't work out and the club feel the need to change him again within the next 3 years, Levy will also be sacked/resign from his position. If Levy makes himself accountable to us achieving success this time, then not only would the fans get behind him and the new manager, but it would create an atmosphere of togetherness and would unsure that everybody at the club were pulling in the same direction. Our transfer policy would be geared towards their impact and success on the pitch not their potential resale value. It would give stability to the manager and show the players that the club are serious about making this appointment work.

If Levy's head is not on the line then I can see us repeating past mistakes yet again. Then if it doesn't work out we will be told nothing again, the manager will bear the sole responsibility for the failure and the fans will do very little to put pressure on Levy. I thought after the shambles of losing Harry, I was prepared to give AVB a chance, but thinking that if Levy has got it wrong he should go. Levy got it wrong, but he did not go, then he chose Sherwood and got it wrong, but Levy did nothing, said nothing and still stays. Now we have Pochettino and Levy again says very little other than the usual press release. He is now our 10th manager since 2001, in that time we have had 1 good manager and 1 that was okay, the rest have been pretty poor. This shows that is more down to luck than judgement on Levy's part, so I just hope he has been lucky this time.

Maybe next year...

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2014, 04:52:16 AM »
          Pochettino, I will give him 6 mths, before he either quits or is sacked, unless of course he becomes Levy's Pet Puppet. All I can say is Levy has taken the cheapest option. Obviously De Boer wanted more money than Levy was prepared to pay, well as the saying goes "If you pay Peanuts all you get is Monkeys" and IMO that's what we have got a MONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nods: :nods: :nods: :nods: :( :( :( :(
:SN:[font

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2014, 07:52:39 AM »
          Pochettino, I will give him 6 mths, before he either quits or is sacked, unless of course he becomes Levy's Pet Puppet. All I can say is Levy has taken the cheapest option. Obviously De Boer wanted more money than Levy was prepared to pay, well as the saying goes "If you pay Peanuts all you get is Monkeys" and IMO that's what we have got a MONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :nods: :nods: :nods: :nods: :( :( :( :(

Sorry Paul, thats a rash statement I think. He has played better football than us all season, and improved several of their young players at the same time.
Whether he gets us top 4 or not is another matter, but maybe he will be able to bring out the best from the likes of Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho etc. Also lets not forget, he might just persuade a couple of their young British players to join us at the same time. But I do hope he is given 3 years minimum, even if we dont make that top 4.
All in all I am not as pissed off as you.

Offline dimexi

« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2014, 09:12:39 AM »
Although I have my doubts, my disapproval is squared firmly at levy, not Pochettino. He should be given a fair chance and would like to see us stick by him if we are at least challenging, developing and playing attractive football. The big difference between him and AVB is his style of play and the fact that he has done well in the premiership with what he had and the players improved under him. I hope that he does indeed bring out the best in Lamela, whom I think/hope will start to show more of his potential. The idea of getting one or two of Southampton's best players would also appeal. They have a good track record for players coming through their system, a system we should surely adopt.
Maybe next year...

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2014, 03:13:04 PM »

Sorry Paul, thats a rash statement I think. He has played better football than us all season, and improved several of their young players at the same time.
Whether he gets us top 4 or not is another matter, but maybe he will be able to bring out the best from the likes of Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho etc. Also lets not forget, he might just persuade a couple of their young British players to join us at the same time. But I do hope he is given 3 years minimum, even if we dont make that top 4.
All in all I am not as pissed off as you.

RSS, Please see my post#73 on page 5, I think that explains my views, and incidentally, Pochettino didn't develop those players, they had already come through Southampton's development programme and were regular 1st team players and had been for a couple of seasons prior to his arrival. I think Levy has taken the easy option, instead of going all out to secure the services of a more experienced coach, once more he has refused too pay top dollar. We shall have to wait and see, I hope I am wrong, but only time will tell.

:-\ :-\ :-\

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2014, 11:46:29 PM »
We all have our opinions and pretty much everything written here is common sense .What we all have to agree on is that whoever takes charge of our beloved club we will be behind him 100% to a man (or woman) and keep supporting him and the team .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline RSS61

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2014, 08:32:39 AM »
Any player coming to Spurs, whether he's a
big signing or just a ground staff boy, must be dedicated to the game
and to the club. He must never be satisfied with his last performance,
and he must hate losing.

—Bill Nicholson

Bill Nicholson only ever played for us, and managed us. He had no previous experience. His comment above speaks volumes for what has gone wrong with our club, and football in general.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2014, 01:30:09 PM »
I hope  the new manager is given time. Rogers was given a couple of seasons and did well. Now we can look forward to a new season.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline dimexi

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2014, 02:17:42 PM »
We all have our opinions and pretty much everything written here is common sense .What we all have to agree on is that whoever takes charge of our beloved club we will be behind him 100% to a man (or woman) and keep supporting him and the team .

I don't mind getting behind him and giving him a chance, but what I don't like is the way that Levy abuses that loyalty and takes it for granted. At what point do we say enough is enough, regardless of the next man chosen for our hopes and dreams to come true?

My patience is now atom thin. I really don't know if I can stomach any more of this fiasco if it goes wrong again. And in all likelihood, if it does go wrong, I am sure it won't just be because of Pochettino, there will be an issue with transfers, communication, the director of football, Levy interfering etc. etc. 

I am hoping that Levy has rolled his dice for the last time and I hope he is lucky enough to roll double sixes, for all our benefit.
Maybe next year...

Offline RSS61

« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2014, 03:05:45 PM »

I don't mind getting behind him and giving him a chance, but what I don't like is the way that Levy abuses that loyalty and takes it for granted. At what point do we say enough is enough, regardless of the next man chosen for our hopes and dreams to come true?

My patience is now atom thin. I really don't know if I can stomach any more of this fiasco if it goes wrong again. And in all likelihood, if it does go wrong, I am sure it won't just be because of Pochettino, there will be an issue with transfers, communication, the director of football, Levy interfering etc. etc. 

I am hoping that Levy has rolled his dice for the last time and I hope he is lucky enough to roll double sixes, for all our benefit.

Eventually Levy will have to face the music, and pay the price, if his latest managerial appointment fails. He is after all, only the chairman, and not the owner, so he too has to one day answer to shareholders and/or Joe Lewis ( if he gives a damn)

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2014, 04:26:49 PM »
      Well gentlemen he has for the last Eleven or so years made some of the worst decisions of any Chairman in the PL and got away with it, there have been chairmen of other PL Clubs who have been drummed out of their positions for making far less errors than him, he is leading a 'VERY CHARMED LIFE' in my opinion. He continually keeps making the SAME POOR DECISIONS and getting away with it, when will Joe Lewis say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH?? or maybe he(Lewis) doesn't really care as long as Levy keeps making money for him and the rest of his cronies. I think therein lies the problem!!! :-\ :-\

:( :( :( :(
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 04:29:10 PM by Paul Finch »

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2014, 12:00:20 AM »

I know where you`re coming from .I stopped going to games about 3 years ago .AS much as i still love spurs i`d rather spend my money taking my wife and son out .Its just been the same old story every couple of years . manager gets the sack , new man takes over , new man bins all of the old players and brings new ones in , new team starts to look good , best player gets sold , team falls away , manager gets the sack and son and so on .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me