Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Racism...
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:43:51 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-racism-policeinvestigation
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/06/oldham-tom-adeyemi-liverpool

What is with football these days? Why do people have to take the piss out of someone because they look a little different?  :tickedoff: Either it's becoming more prevalent or it's simply getting more press, but either way, it's pretty flippin' stupid to hear about people being racially abused. It doesn't matter whether it happens in Serbia (where I would expect it to happen because most Serbian football fans are twats anyway) or England. IT'S WRONG.
[/rant]

Seriously, it shouldn't matter what race someone is. If he helps the team win, he's good by me. Besides, there are more relevant and less idiotic reasons to get on someone's case. Like say Spurs were playing against whatever team Milan Baroš was on. You could hound him for being a diving, whining, motormouthed muppet, or chant "Keep Him Off The Road" or something because he got pulled over doing more than double the speed limit near Lyon. :P
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 10:56:53 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Racism...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 08:34:49 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ap-racism-policeinvestigation
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/06/oldham-tom-adeyemi-liverpool

What is with football these days? Why do people have to take the piss out of someone because they look a little different?  :tickedoff: Either it's becoming more prevalent or it's simply getting more press, but either way, it's pretty flippin' stupid to hear about people being racially abused. It doesn't matter whether it happens in Serbia (where I would expect it to happen because most Serbian football fans are twats anyway) or England. IT'S WRONG.
[/rant]

Seriously, it shouldn't matter what race someone is. If he helps the team win, he's good by me. Besides, there are more relevant and less idiotic reasons to get on someone's case. Like say Spurs were playing against whatever team Milan Baroš was on. You could hound him for being a diving, whining, motormouthed muppet, or chant "Keep Him Off The Road" or something because he got pulled over doing more than double the speed limit near Lyon. :P

Racist abuse is based on ignorance. ~Those that do the monkey chants should look in the mirror and they will  come face to face with a real primitive monkey.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 07:50:23 PM »
Delivering abuse based on race  is the morons method as they want to get at and insult the player so instead of coming up with something original with a bit of humour they resort to race, this is mainly due to a very low IQ, lower than the average turd and probably drinking to much stella pre match just to help things along and give them courage!

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 08:25:36 PM »
Delivering abuse based on race  is the morons method as they want to get at and insult the player so instead of coming up with something original with a bit of humour they resort to race, this is mainly due to a very low IQ, lower than the average turd and probably drinking to much stella pre match just to help things along and give them courage!

Agreed.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 12:56:22 AM »
Are you Robin Hood? :o Because you just bullseyed that sucker.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan