Man City
____

v
____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 5th May 2010 - KO 20:00 - Ground: City Of Manchester

TV: TBC| Live Feed | Make Prediction

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 12:54:56 PM by Biggs »
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Man City v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 04:39:24 PM »
Not sure if you lot know, but this is kind of a big game. Now don't get me wrong, 4th would be beyond belief. Last Xmas we were rock bottom, and now look at us, sitting pretty in 4th with 3 of the previous big 4 outplayed at White Hart Lane. 5th is ours, as long as we don't get arse raped by City and Burnley, that equals our highest ever finish in the Premier League. If City do get 4th then they WILL run away with it, and they WILL be challenging for the title next season. That does not mean that we can't challege again next season, look at how Sh*te the gunners are doing, and we are getting better. The home bankers should all be won next season, and I would expect us to repeat the same feat against the big 3, minus the thumping by United. So we could very well be in the same position this time next season. So IF we lose 4th to City, don't panic.

Right now that I've got that crap out of the way I can say that, I think that we will beat City, and even if we don't, hopefully the City players will enjoy some East End lasagne before they visit the Hammers, and as Im writing this an advert for Dimilo Lasagne has just come on the telly, so its seems as History, for once, is on our side.  ;D 

BTW here's the official team news.

Harry Redknapp is waiting on the fitness of Heurelho Gomes and Ledley King ahead of Wednesday night's (May 5) crunch match at City.
The big question is whether or not Ledley's troublesome knee will settle down in time to play two matches in the space of five days after another fine display against Boltonon Saturday.
"It's a case of waiting to see how he is and how he recovers from the weekend," said Harry before training on Tuesday.
"He will come out today and have a loosener with us and then we'll make a decision.
"I'll leave it to Ledley. If he feels he's fit and he's up for playing, he'll tell me. If he's not quite right, he'll tell me. He knows his body and how his knee is feeling and he will let me know."
Goalkeeper Gomes picked up a groin injury in the final minutes of Saturday's 1-0 win against Bolton.
"Again, we'll see how he is today," said Harry. "He didn't train yesterday (Monday) and e won't do too much today.
"He's been top drawer, a fantastic goalkeeper but if he's not fit Ben Alnwick will play and Jimmy Walker will be on the bench.
"We hope he's fit because he's important to us. I'm hopeful."
Vedran Corluka (ankle) is still out alongside long-term absentees Niko Kranjcar (ankle), Jonathan Woodgate (groin) and Carlo Cudicini (wrist, pelvis).

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 05:28:26 PM »
I dont know if we dare even dream this but if we win both of our games and the arse lose on sunday we could finish 3rd. Which would get us straight into the group stage of CL

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 05:52:20 PM »
I dont know if we dare even dream this but if we win both of our games and the arse lose on sunday we could finish 3rd. Which would get us straight into the group stage of CL

not olny that... we would finish above Ars*nal!

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 06:57:52 PM »
This could be better than my wildest dreams. Tottenham 3rd in the league ahead of le Arse  :P :P
COYS!

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 06:31:40 PM »
Im very nervous now, we are a few hours away from maybe finishing fourth and playing champions league football at white hart lane. Im exicted about this match but its pretty nerve racking. Bale and Lennon on either flank, King and Gomes are going to be crucial players tonight but every player much play his part throughout the 90 minutes and put in 100% for the club, the fans and the badge. This is what it has come down to and we are so close to our goal we just need to push over the finishing line. COYS!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 06:38:00 PM »
Me to... this is the biggest game for us i have ever seen, i think

Offline edinyid

• yid4life
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 06:45:57 PM »
I'm so nervous :-\ . I was alrite last nite, but when i awoke today and started thinking bout what could be achieved before i shut my eyes again later, the stomach has never stopped churning. I'm not sure what everyones views are but, if we dont get 4th, i'll be disappointed but so proud of them. I'm sure we'll come back again next season for another shot at it. We are getting stronger as a team, and it is so hard to believe where we were a year and a bit ago to where we are now. We've had a nightmare with injuries, but i still think we will be above the likes of villa and the two scousers next season. Before i go and hit the booze, how ironic would it be if over the last few months that we've all been discussing fourth, and we end up third............priceless ;D

Oh when the spurs......

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 10:06:53 PM »
ohh well theres always next year................ for city hahahahha. COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE UUUUUUUU CRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! 3RD NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Nicholson

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 10:07:38 PM »
i can't believe it... :o

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 10:10:04 PM »
You bloody RIPPERS.What a great performance, what a great RESULT. Well done Lads. Well worth getting up at 4-30 in the morning to watch. Defended brilliantly. Gomes,King,Dawson brilliant. if Dawson doesn't get a call-up for the World Cup now, I'll PUKE.Midfield BRILLIANT. Forwards Fantastic and Peter Crouch you are a BLOODY MARVEL. God its good to be a SPURS FAN TODAY. What a great season. Lets hope the ARSE get beat on SUN we win and FINISH 3rd. Harry Rednapp deserves a KNIGHTHOOD for what he's done for this Club. FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  C O Y S  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
:SN:[font

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 10:11:34 PM »
Time to jump on the Fulham bandwagon. :P BEAT THE ABOMINATIONS!!

What a thrill it would be if Spurs finished ahead of the Arse! ;D

But assured no less than fourth? HARRY, YOU DA MAN. SPURS, YOU DA MEN. COYS!!!!!

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 10:13:14 PM »
Champions League... I can't believe it...

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 10:27:31 PM »
What a great Day!!!!!! I reckon I'm the proudest Man in Australia!!!!!
:SN:[font

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 10:29:39 PM »
CHAMPS LEAGUE!!!!! MAN CITEH WITH ALL THEIR MONEY STILL LOST! HAHA!! NOW WE GOT THE EDGE! Come next season we must qualify for Group Stages and we will attract Alot of Big Names!! BRING ON CHAMPS LEAGUE!! WE ARE READY!!