Tottenham
____

v
____

Chelsea

Barclays Premier League - 17th April 2010 - KO 17:30 - Ground: White Hart Lane

TV: ESPN | Live Feed | Make Prediction

« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 09:56:04 PM by Southend_Yid »
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Chelsea
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 03:06:02 PM »
Take the momentum of wednesday night into this one and keep the faith! United just beat City so that does us a favour and now we need to capitalise. I think we can beat anyone at home and we have only conceaded 11 goals this season at The Lane. Krancjar out for the rest of the season, he will definatley be missed and Ashley Cole will be among their subs. Im not down there today but i hope we make it hostile like wednesday night. Another derby, another win? Yes please.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 03:13:37 PM »
City 0  United 1    Although i hate united and scholes, boy did I cheer that result!!
COYS!

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 06:34:57 PM »
Same here dedley~ I was jumping for joy when they won 1 - 0 because why??

We are up 2 - 0 and 4th is ours again!! Keep this up and we will make it a reality until the next match which is Man Utd!!

Offline Lowestoft Yid

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 07:35:06 PM »
Great result again  :)
Pav missed a few and could of cost us, but i think we played well all over the pitch.
Great week for spurs,
COYS     :) :) :) :) :)

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 07:36:37 PM »
What a week!

BALE BALE BALE!

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 07:38:20 PM »
Yep. Another fantastic performance and result. Chelsea were crap ha ha

4th is once again.....OURS!
COYS!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2010, 07:42:24 PM »
Chelsea were crap ha ha

That was down to us i think, we stopped chelsea playing there game.

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 07:50:18 PM »
I love my life atm. Who would have thought we'd have 6 points from these games.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 08:20:16 PM »
brilliant really brilliant performance today, however the score does not show how superior we were on the 90 minutes , if we can get lennon back for manure surely we'll get another fantastic result :D
COYS!!!

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 08:49:23 PM »
What a result, what a week. We out played them all over the pitch in every position. Gomes, Dawson and Bale were outstanding. If Dawson doesnt get an England call up im going to be so sad for him. Bale is a different class and to be fair everyone was great today. Defoe and Pav both missed chances which may have cost us in the end and they need to put them away because every goal is crucial now but Pav looks so happy at the moment playing in the shirt. Lovely seeing that prick JT get his marching orders and apparently he got into a bit of an arguement going down the tunnel! COYS

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham 2-1 Chelsea
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 09:57:36 PM »
Tottenham stunned Chelsea to blow the Premier League title race wide open with a second derby win in four days.   Manchester United's earlier victory at rivals City had pulled them to within a point of leaders Chelsea - but the Blues succumbed to an inspired Spurs.
Jermain Defoe opened the scoring from the spot after John Terry's handball and Gareth Bale slammed in a second.
Terry saw red for two bookings before Frank Lampard's late reply, but Spurs held on to move above City into fourth.   It means with three games to go, including a tricky trip to Liverpool on 2 May, Chelsea remain top of the table but with United breathing closely down their neck and with Ars*nal six points behind but with a game in hand.
Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti will also be without captain Terry for one of those games through suspension following a red card few can argue with after two poor tackles.
As for Tottenham, they now have a two-point cushion over fifth-place Manchester City following a couple of wins that not only give their push for a Champions League spot a huge fillip but also delighted a buzzing White Hart Lane crowd.
Manchester United, chasing an historic fourth successive Premier League crown, got the favour from Spurs they had hoped for, having beaten City in the lunchtime kick-off before Harry Redknapp's men took three points from Chelsea.

But even the most optimistic of United fans will have failed to have foreseen a Spurs performance that confounded those who thought the north Londoners would run out of steam on the back of a jam-packed week.
This was an impressive display with Bale superb on the left, Luka Modric controlling in the middle, and Michael Dawson a rock at the back.
And, just as he did in the derby win over Ars*nal on Wednesday, goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes once again came up with the goods on the odd occasion he was called upon.
Not that that was very often as the home side came up against an out-of-sorts Chelsea side.
Florent Malouda forced a smart save from Gomes just seven minutes in with a 25-yard stinger, but otherwise it was the hosts who enjoyed the better of the chances.
Roman Pavlyuchenko and Bale had already had snap-shots either saved or cleared when the latter went down in the box under a forceful challenge from Jon Obi Mikel.

Referee Phil Dowd ruled the Chelsea man had got the ball, but the decision went in Tottenham's favour just a minute later when Terry handled Bentley's cross.
Defoe, who had missed six of his last 10 penalties, made no such error this time, drilling an unstoppable spot-kick into the corner with Petr Cech diving the wrong way.
The visitors responded briefly when Didier Drogba's half-chance was easily saved, but at the other end Pavlyuchenko forced Cech to tip over the bar from range before David Bentley was denied a second from six yards out by Terry's outstretched leg.

The west Londoners thought they had levelled when Malouda slid home from Yuri Zhikov's pass, but the Frenchman was correctly ruled offside.
And then, six minutes later, Tottenham doubled their lead, Bale cutting inside full-back Paulo Ferreira and slamming in at the near post with his weaker right foot.
Redknapp's men then had their keeper to thank for the fact they went in at the break two goals to the good, after Gomes spectacularly beat away Lampard's fierce volley from 16 yards out.
Ancelotti responded by making a double half-time substitution - Nicolas Anelka and Branislav Ivanovic coming on for Joe Cole and the tormented Ferreira - to add to his earlier replacement of the injured Mikel with Michael Ballack.
However, at the restart Drogba appeared to double up with pain in his groin, prompting the Blues to appeal to change their substitution. Dowd refused, though, and the game continued with the Ivorian looking far from fully fit.
Immediately, it could - and arguably should - have been three, Defoe sent through on goal by Pavlyuchenko's pass but Cech, standing tall, producing a fine stop to tip the England man's shot wide.
Still, Chelsea's frustrations were only heightened when Terry saw red for two bookings in three minutes, the second a clear trip on Bale that the visiting captain can have few complaints about.
From then on in, Tottenham could have scored a hatful. Cech tipped a brilliant Bentley lob over, saved at his near post from Bale, before watching the hosts waste a succession of chances on the break as Chelsea pressed late on - Pavlyuchenko and Bale, again, guilty of firing wide when well placed.
In reply, Chelsea enjoyed some possession but few chances - only really looking a threat after Lampard had slid Ballack's cross home in injury time.
It was far too little, too late, though, and Tottenham deservedly held on for a precious win that will be as gratefully received in Manchester as on both sides of north London.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 11:54:57 PM »
YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!! Man, what a result to come home to. And to think ManU did us a favour by beating City :P

COYS!!

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 08:04:12 AM »
I love my life atm. Who would have thought we'd have 6 points from these games.
So do I. Oh my God, I can't believe it.

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 09:11:25 AM »
So we've manged to end the gooners title hopes and then give them a boost in the space of 72 hours. Believe it or not, its actually good that we've given them a boost as they'll need to think that they stand a chance of winning the title so they will put in 100% effort against City.

Plus it was great to see Jermain FINALLY score a penalty. Just as long as Harry doesnt promise 4th, like Benitez and Mancini have then I think we have to be favourites.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 09:31:38 AM by YidJoe24 »

Bill Nicholson