Tottenham
____

v
____

Portsmouth

F.A Cup Semi-Final - 11th April 2010 - KO 16:00 - Ground: Wembley

TV: TBA| Live Feed | Make Prediction

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:17:13 AM by Southend_Yid »
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham vs Porstmouth - F.A Cup Semi-Final
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 03:38:29 PM »
Pompey will be well up for this but i see us being to strongth, im going to watch the Chelsea v Aston Villa game tomorrow to see who we get in the final if we make it and i reckon it will be Chelsea. I have heard that Corluka, Dawson and King will be returning!? Which is great news, however we line up i think we will be too strong for pompey. Should be a cracking game!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 06:19:24 PM »
Game is on ITV1

Tottenham have doubts over defenders Ledley King (thigh), Vedran Corluka (ankle) and Michael Dawson (Achilles) as well as Tom Huddlestone (ankle).

Aaron Lennon and Jermaine Jenas (both groin) are out and Kyle Walker and Younes Kaboul are cup-tied.

Portsmouth could welcome back Nadir Belhadj, Kevin-Prince Boateng and Papa Bouba Diop from injury.

Keeper David James, who sat out the goalless draw against Blackburn with a calf strain, has returned to training.

The sides go into the tie at opposite ends of the Premier League table, with Tottenham chasing fourth spot and Champions League qualification, while Portsmouth are at the foot of the Premier League and all-but relegated.

But Spurs manager Harry Redknapp insists that league form will count for nothing as he prepares to face his former employers in Sunday's Wembley semi-final.

"We're fighting on two fronts and I would take either of them - if we do then what a fantastic season we've had," said Redknapp.

"If we achieve none we've still moved forward a million percent. If we could win them both it would be incredible.
It's a massive week but it's better than being stuck at the bottom in a relegation battle.

"Portsmouth will be a hard game, they'll have four or five who will come back and they'll make a difference.

"We were lucky to beat them down there and I saw them beat Liverpool at home.

"They are very dangerous and they have players who can cause you problems. And I have a lot of respect for their manager."

For Pompey manager Avram Grant, the FA Cup has proved a welcome distraction from the problems the financially troubled club have had both on the pitch and off it.

"I am disappointed about many things this season which have happened off the pitch," said Grant.

"It has, though, been easy for us to concentrate in the cup because we knew nobody could take points from us.

"To be in the last four with such good clubs in this season is a big achievement, but we also want to do well.

"I agree it is a big achievement to be in last four, but it would be bigger if we can get to the final."

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 08:50:18 AM »
Not alot of hype on this game so far, it's weird lol I guess people think we will just walk over them

Offline Lowestoft Yid

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 09:06:09 AM »
The closer the games gettin the more nervous im getting about this one, I think alot of people are under estimating pompy... I just hope the players don't.
We still have to be up for this and play well to meet chelsea in the final

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 12:17:38 PM »
The pitch may just play its part. It was shocking yesterday!!!
COYS!

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 02:04:33 PM »
Im with LowestoftYid - I getting more nervous as time gets closer to kick off, Pompey have nothing to play for in the league and it wont be a walk in the park. Shame O'Hara cant play. Should be a cracker! COYS

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 06:44:02 PM »
Makes me want to cry. Seriously. I just cannot believe the Spurs have blown it again. Same old song and dance. F***ing embarassing.

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 07:05:20 PM »
what an embarrassing performance today... totally mediocre

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 07:27:13 PM »
season over anyone?

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 09:08:50 PM »
Seasons not over yet but our challenge for the top 4 could be over by next weekend if we fail to beat either Ars*nal or Chelsea.
COYS!

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 10:08:44 PM »
i can say why.. cant we .. close down.. and put pressure.. on the opponent before they are able to cross. Whats with them nice guys playing ! GAH! Glad Wilson got yellow but that penalty wasnt suppose to be given. Wilson got that ball fair and square! Stupid ref our 3 handball should have been given and our equalizer should have been given since James was the one who pushed Rocha down! Not Kranc!

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 10:34:48 PM »
Our goal should have been given, and the penalty should not have been given, absolutely gutted, so depressed.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham 0-2 Porstmouth (aet) - F.A Cup Semi-Final
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 12:21:57 AM »
Portsmouth emerged from the wreckage of relegation and financial meltdown to beat Tottenham at Wembley and set up an FA Cup final date with Chelsea.

Avram Grant's side have experienced both ends of football's emotional scale in the space of 24 hours - recovering from finally seeing relegation back to the Championship confirmed by upsetting overwhelming favourites Spurs with two goals in extra-time.

Tottenham, with former Pompey boss Harry Redknapp in charge and with one-time Fratton Park stars Jermain Defoe and Peter Crouch in their starting line-up, edged a colourless first 90 minutes before Grant's underdogs struck in the extra period.

Wembley's appalling playing surface took a large share of the responsibility for the lack of quality on show, playing a crucial role in the goal that sent Grant on his way to a final date against his old club Chelsea nine minutes into extra-time.

Michael Dawson lost his footing as he went to make a clearance and Frederic Piquionne pounced to beat Heurelho Gomes from eight yards and lay the foundations for Pompey's unlikely progress.

As Spurs threw men forward in desperation, the excellent David James made a crucial block from Vedran Corluka before victory was sealed in front of Portsmouth's ecstatic fans three minutes from time.

Wilson Palacios hauled down Aruna Dindane and former Tottenham star Kevin-Prince Boateng added another layer of irony on this semi-final of many sub-plots by rifling home the penalty.

Tottenham fans deserted Wembley in droves instantly - this was a day of joy for Grant and his players, who mixed desire, determination and occasionally desperation to record a landmark triumph.

Pompey have been on the brink of extinction as they fight for their very survival, and yet their FA Cup run has provided relief amid their turmoil and they now have the chance to finish this season with a flourish against holders Chelsea

Spurs will rue a succession of missed chances in normal time, with Crouch the main culprit, although James tormented him with a succession of fine saves, including a crucial block with legs with just seconds left of the 90 minutes and the scoreline still goalless.

Redknapp was gracious in defeat as he embraced Grant at the final whistle - but Spurs will be devastated, having gone into this semi-final with such high hopes and ended it dejected and empty-handed.

It was also the catalyst for two harsh bookings for Dindane and Tom Huddlestone. Dindane's feet clearly went from under him as he attempted to tackle Palacios, while the striker was then on the receiving end of a collision with Huddlestone, who was also betrayed by the pitch.

Both sides did manage to fashion opportunities, with James saving well from Crouch's header before acrobatically clawing Huddlestone's long-range effort over the top.

Pompey's best chance fell to Piquionne, who could only strike the outstretched left leg of Gomes as he raced clear into the penalty area.

Piquionne was guilty of wastefulness in front of goal again after 55 minutes when he headed tamely at the exposed Gomes from Dindane's cross.

This was the signal for Redknapp to make the change Spurs' fans had been demanding as he sent on Roman Pavlyuchenko for Defoe, who had cut a subdued figure for most of this semi-final.

Crouch should have taken advantage of a moment of uncertainty from James after 68 minutes, but he headed off target after the keeper failed to deal with David Bentley's corner.

And Pompey had another escape when Aaron Mokoena diverted Corluka's cross towards his own goal, only to recover as Crouch closed in.

Crouch was getting into the danger areas without providing the finishing touch, and he was frustrated again with 15 minutes left as he headed Gareth Bale's cross off the outside of the upright as James scrambled to regain his position.

And the striker was denied again deep into injury-time when he looked certain to score from Bale's low cross, but could only divert his finish against the legs of James, condemning a game low on real quality to 30 minutes of extra-time.

After surviving all the pressure Spurs had inflicted upon them it was Pompey who broke the deadlock nine minutes into the extra period - and once again an accusing finger could be pointed at the pitch.

Dawson slipped attempting to clear a routine free-kick and the ball fell invitingly for Piquionne to slip the simplest of finishes under Gomes. It was cruel on Dawson but Pompey's joy was unconfined.

Spurs thought they had swiftly restored equality when Crouch bundled the ball into the net, but referee Alan Wiley adjudged that Niko Kranjcar had fouled James as he challenged for Bale's cross.

Suddenly, there was desperation in the air for Spurs and they were almost caught on the break by John Utaka, but he wasted the final pass and Luka Modric was able to recover.

James, who had stood firm, then blocked Corluka from point-blank range before Pompey broke again to score the second and decisive goal.

Palacios was beaten for pace by Dindane and left Wiley with an easy decision to point to the spot.

Boateng slammed home the kick and the remarkable story of Portsmouth's season of struggle will have another chapter against Chelsea at Wembley next month

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
Re: Tottenham 0-2 Porstmouth (aet) - F.A Cup Semi-Final
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2010, 12:01:49 PM »
Things is now, Palacios is out for 2 games >:(