Tottenham
____

v
____

Portsmouth

Barclays Premier League - 27th Mar 2010 - KO 15:00 - Ground: White Hart Lane

TV: Football First, Sky Sports 1, 10:15 PM| Live Feed | Make Prediction

« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 05:56:39 PM by Southend_Yid »
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Portsmouth
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 09:48:16 PM »
Another tough game in which we need to win. Not sure which pompey team will show up, or which pompey attitude will come along?
Will it be their resiliant scrapping for every point to survive team or will their philosophy be "were down and out?"

Which ever shows up, i know they won't lie down for us a will do there best to fustrate our attacking style. We could do with a few players coming through late tests to give us more options over the field, such as Charlie, Wilson, Bassong and Pav

If those 3 i mentioned aren't able to feature, who we going to play where?

Here's what i think 'Arry will do...

---------Gomes---------

BAE--Daws--Kaboul--Bale

Bentley--Hudd--Modders--Kranjaer

-----Crouchy---Eidur

COYS!

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 05:49:07 AM »
Thats exactley the formation I was thinking of mate.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Lowestoft Yid

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 09:22:10 AM »
pompy are missing alot of players, i think well win this 1 comfortably   :)

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 10:27:14 AM »
Yeah I hope your right. Its a game we "should" win.
COYS!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 12:14:10 PM »
At Home, against the bottom team. Your right we "should" win, but its never that simple with us.

You know Pompy will more more motivated for this game than we are and they will want to prove a point before the Semi Final

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 12:26:20 PM »
Its never that simple with us when it comes to playing teams down the bottom but i am confident that we wiill get the 3 ponts today especially after the second half performance on wednesday night. We always have a good game against pompey and there usually packed with drama. They will want to size us up before the big semi final and they will be well up for it. We have players missing but against there squad were still alot stronger. COYS

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 03:47:08 PM »
Going well fellow yids :-D
COYS!

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 03:54:25 PM »
yeah confident performance so far  ;D not complacent which is good to see

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham 2-0 Portsmouth
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 05:58:03 PM »
Tottenham cruised to victory in their FA Cup semi-final dress rehearsal with Portsmouth to extend their points advantage in the race for fourth spot.

Peter Crouch nodded Spurs ahead from Gareth Bale's cross and both Bale and Tom Huddlestone then hit the woodwork.

Niko Kranjcar clipped in a second but the hosts barely got out of first gear.

The visitors, who can now be relegated next week if results go against them, went close through Anthony Vanden Borre and Michael Brown but were never in it.

It leaves Portsmouth 14 points adrift of safety with a possible 18 left to play for - and their season really is all about securing that Cup date at Wembley on 11 April.

Spurs, on the other hand, are still fighting for honours on two fronts, though this tie looked less a battle and more a training-ground exercise against a Pompey side lacking in belief and energy.

The Londoners moved five points clear of Manchester City in fifth, though Roberto Mancini's side have a game in hand.

This was a match that always looked a home banker, even if Spurs have been guilty of the occasional lapse at White Hart Lane with defeats to the likes of Wolves and Stoke.

It might have been different for Portsmouth had Anthony Vanden Borre made the most of the first real chance of the game when he found himself clear in the box only for keeper Heurelho Gomes to save his tame effort.

Instead it was something of a procession for Tottenham - even if it took them until the 27th minute to break the deadlock.

Bale, who tormented Pompey throughout, ended one of his many marauding runs from left back with a delightful cross that Crouch nodded in from six yards.

So it was no surprise when Tottenham doubled their lead, debutant Kyle Walker laying it back to Luka Modric, the Croatian's shot blocked, and Kranjcar - like Crouch, a former Portsmouth star himself - impudently flicking in the rebound.

A lapse in concentration at the back then afforded Michael Brown a golden chance to reduce arrears, but the unmarked midfielder scuffed his shot from six yards and the hosts cleared.

It was a rare moment of levity for the travelling fans, though, with their team - undoubtedly missing the ineligible Jamie O'Hara - all too often going through the motions without the necessary application.

The visitors' cause was not helped by what looked like a serious ankle injury to Hermann Hreidarsson, though Tottenham's occasional over-elaborate approach did at least keep the score respectable.

Bentley stung James's palms with a long-range stinger, while Sebastien Bassong should have done better with an unmarked header from a corner that he directed straight at keeper James and Crouch slid a golden chance wide in stoppage time.

Portsmouth, to their credit, created the odd half chance in reply, a Younes Kaboul tackle denying Brown inside the box and Kanu scuffing wide when well placed.

But their day - and arguably season - was summed up by the sight of Danny Webber and David James having to go off injured in the closing minutes, leaving Portsmouth to finish the match with 10 men.

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp's only gripe could be that his side did not go on to win more convincingly.

However, with matches against Ars*nal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City to come, they have far tougher tasks ahead of them as the season hits the business end.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 07:06:35 PM »
Well i'll take that! 3 points without really having to work too hard. Glad to see Kyle Walker handed his debut. Bale again was excellent and I'm glad crouchy finally found the net again - been a while for the big lad.

Just need wigan to do ys a favour tomorrow. Oh unlucky villa ;-)
COYS!

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 08:23:53 PM »
What im really impressed is that we hardly look like the old spurs anymore. Modders is spraying passes in the middle with Hudds. Benty going deep and cutting inside. Bale overlapping kranchy. Walker impress me going forward. With him and Bale overlapping we would be unstoppable although i can clearly see Pompey was targetting him since he is the odd one in the team. But Walker looks awesome! Although its too bad we didnt get another 9 - 0 and it would have been better.

But the funniest thing is that, why the heck Ol 'Arry'y face was RED like he is drunk?!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 12:18:59 AM »
I wish I could watch these matches. I'm never around either because of work or sleep. Damn time zones... ::)

Ah well, I can still say COME ON YOU SPURS as loud as possible. Don't slow down on this winning streak! Outscored opposition 12-3 over the last five matches. ;)

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 08:27:23 PM »
Although its too bad we didnt get another 9 - 0

Another 9-0? haha i missed that...
COYS!

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 08:10:23 PM »
Beating Pompey was the saddest victory I have ever seen, Niko celebration said it all really.

Bill Nicholson