____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 30th Jan  - KO 19:45  - Ground: Carrow Road

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Norwich v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 06:40:05 AM »
I remember Bolton Wanderers being the side who always managed to make things tough for us. Norwich seems to have taken over this role. Good news is that we're still on fourth.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 08:00:38 AM »
Watched the extended highlights on Sky. First half we were absolutely awful right across the board. Yet again the tactics seemed to be to get in our faces and muscle us off the ball. In the end, we concede the inevitable goal from a rather hopeful ball in the air across the box. Nobody, Lloris included seemed to want to deal with it. Our continuing lack of organisation at the back is a worry.
Second half looked better from us, though Dembelle Parker Lennon Dempsey and Defoe were mostly anonymous. Bale to the rescue - that boy is absolutely world class at times. A good ball from Holtby was encouraging. It shows the mess we are in, he came almost from the airport to the pitch !!
All in all there is more to be done all round. The one and anly consolation for us was Chelsea and Ars*nal fared no better.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 10:11:13 AM »
      I have just watched nearly all the 2nd Half(I can't comment on the 1st Half cos I haven't watched it yet) probably missed 10 mins, from what I saw I thought we dominated, the commentators said that Norwich dominated the 1st Half,(but as I said cant comment). When Holtby was introduced, in my opinion, the intensity of our play went up a notch, he looks to me like the type of player that we have been craving since we lost Modric and VDV, some of his touches were as good as I have ever seen, I really think that we have got a really good player, for someone who has just got off the plane from Germany, he seemed to have an instant understanding with Parker, Bale, Defoe, Dembele and Lennon, can't wait to see him start a game, I think he will allow Bale to play a more centrally attacking role, and if thats the case that could possibly be the reason for not signing a striker, but we shall see, I thought that we could quite possibly have got the three points in the end, we certainly created the opportunities. Bales goal was absolute quality, sheer brilliance!!! Another plus of course was Arse--- & Chelski both dropping points, the minus, Everton are now only 1 pt behind us.

:up: :up:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:14:04 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 10:27:21 AM »
Well done AVB for resting half the side at the weekend and going out of the FA Cup and then bringing them all back in to get a draw at Norwich ...... genius !!! Good job the rest of the pack are s**te otherwise we would be about 8th now !!!

Crap first half alot better second but it really highlights the fact that we need a striker, an honest to goodness out and out striker that knows where the goal is !!!! You can create all the chances in the world but without a decent front man its just pissing in the wind !!!!

That's 4 games without a win now haven't won since beating Coventry in the FA Cup on the 5th Jan 2013

>:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 10:50:02 AM »
Well done AVB for resting half the side at the weekend and going out of the FA Cup and then bringing them all back in to get a draw at Norwich ...... genius !!! Good job the rest of the pack are s**te otherwise we would be about 8th now !!!

Crap first half alot better second but it really highlights the fact that we need a striker, an honest to goodness out and out striker that knows where the goal is !!!! You can create all the chances in the world but without a decent front man its just pissing in the wind !!!!

That's 4 games without a win now haven't won since beating Coventry in the FA Cup on the 5th Jan 2013

He needs to be sacked right now!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 02:10:01 PM »
I haven't watched the match yet but I believe that Spurs were better in the second half.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 09:16:37 AM »
       Have just watched the whole game, do not understand what the commentators were on about, they said that Norwich dominated the 1st half, maybe they were watching a different game to me, not that we dominated, but I thought the spoils were shared, apart from the scoreline, we clearly dominated the 2nd half and were very unlucky not to win the game.
      As I said in a previous post I am really looking forward to seeing Holtby start a game and I hope it will be Sun against WBA, he really played well on Wed when he came on, and we certainly started to look far more dangerous, he brings players into the game with his excellent passing and his first touch is also very good. I just think that he will maybe give us a that little bit extra that we have been lacking, but time will tell.

:up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 10:36:48 AM »

That's a bit harsh Riff, but AVB needs to sort things out and sort them out quickly before we lapse into another end of season run like last year !!!
I thought that AVB was doing Ok up until a few weeks ago but teams seem to have sussed out our way of playing and he dosen't seem to know what to do next, plus with Levy not backing him it's not going to be easy to shake things up !!!!

:o
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2013, 10:42:53 AM »

That's a bit harsh Riff, but AVB needs to sort things out and sort them out quickly before we lapse into another end of season run like last year !!!
I thought that AVB was doing Ok up until a few weeks ago but teams seem to have sussed out our way of playing and he dosen't seem to know what to do next, plus with Levy not backing him it's not going to be easy to shake things up !!!!

:o
That was irony. I don't think we need to become Chelsea who change managers even when they win.