SpursNetwork

Tottenham v Stoke

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Stoke
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 01:47:48 PM »
I never said that AVB was or was not doing a brilliant job. What I have always done is given him my full support unlike some of you who had him executed from day one.

I am far happier with him than with Harry even if we are 4 points adrift on last year. This is a long term support, not a gap fill situtaion and I hope AVB remains our manager for manby years to come.

:up:

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 01:54:25 PM »
Am I to assume that Harry did a brilliant job and got a couple of thophies along the way? Nope.

Well AVB is doing just as well and  given the right support, he will do far better than Harry could have possibly ever achieved if he had stayed with us another 5 years.

AVB is our future and that's all there is to it.

:grin:

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 03:19:51 PM »
The above two posts are good posts.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 11:10:37 PM »
They are only good posts because he agrees with you voice, and incidentally I did not have him executed from day one, what I did say however was that whilst I did not agree with the appointment that I would reserve my judgement, and I repeat I DO NOT LIKE THE STYLE OF PLAY WE ARE SERVING UP, I like most, want us to be entertaining and successful, and at the moment we are neither.

:nods: :nods:
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 11:17:08 PM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2012, 10:16:43 AM »
They are only good posts because he agrees with you voice, and incidentally I did not have him executed from day one, what I did say however was that whilst I did not agree with the appointment that I would reserve my judgement, and I repeat I DO NOT LIKE THE STYLE OF PLAY WE ARE SERVING UP, I like most, want us to be entertaining and successful, and at the moment we are neither.

That is true. All posts are actually good; whether we agree with them or not. But I did mean it in the way you said.

You say you "didn't agree with his appointment". Why? Because he was sacked by Chelsea? Chelsea sack everybody. Because of this statement your opinions will always be clouded and your comments unfair.

I would also like Spurs to play entertaining football, but our priority is to win matches and be constantly in the top 4 and then win trophies. That is his priority. Entertainment will or should be a second consideration.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 07:46:40 AM »

That is true. All posts are actually good; whether we agree with them or not. But I did mean it in the way you said.

You say you "didn't agree with his appointment". Why? Because he was sacked by Chelsea? Chelsea sack everybody. Because of this statement your opinions will always be clouded and your comments unfair.

I would also like Spurs to play entertaining football, but our priority is to win matches and be constantly in the top 4 and then win trophies. That is his priority. Entertainment will or should be a second consideration.

I have never stated that my reason for "disagreeing with the appointment" were because he was sacked by Chelsea, so how can you possibly state that my opinions be clouded and my comments unfair, I never liked him or his methods even before he was at Chelsea, in fact when they appointed him, I laughed and said to a mate of mine that we would now see the start of the demise of Chelsea, and that he would not last long there, how right I was, so when it was mentioned that he was a chance of getting the job with Spurs, I was astounded to say the least, in fact when my mate told me, I thought he was having a lend of me.

As for winning trophies every newly appointed coach says that when they are first appointed and very few achieve it, or even come close to it for that matter, so his statement had a bit of a hollow ring to it. We shall see, but I for one will not be holding my breath!!!

:nope: :nope: :nope:

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 07:58:20 AM »
Voice,
       Please do not insinuate that I made a comment such as "because he was sacked by Chelsea",  had you have read my post it is quite clear that I did not say that at all. What I did say was that I would reserve my judgement and I reiterate that as is my right.

:nods: :nods: :nods:

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 05:31:08 PM »

I have never stated that my reason for "disagreeing with the appointment" were because he was sacked by Chelsea, so how can you possibly state that my opinions be clouded and my comments unfair, I never liked him or his methods even before he was at Chelsea, in fact when they appointed him, I laughed and said to a mate of mine that we would now see the start of the demise of Chelsea, and that he would not last long there, how right I was, so when it was mentioned that he was a chance of getting the job with Spurs, I was astounded to say the least, in fact when my mate told me, I thought he was having a lend of me.
You can’t say Chelsea would decline under him and did. He said himself that it would take a while to build a better side. The foundations that won the European Cup were set by him. He was never given enough time to show his credentials. As for you being right; we’ve only got your word with that; being clever after the fact.

As for winning trophies every newly appointed coach says that when they are first appointed and very few achieve it, or even come close to it for that matter, so his statement had a bit of a hollow ring to it. We shall see, but I for one will not be holding my breath!!

:nope: :nope: :nope:

As you said; “We will see” and we will.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2012, 05:32:03 PM »
Voice,
       Please do not insinuate that I made a comment such as "because he was sacked by Chelsea",  had you have read my post it is quite clear that I did not say that at all. What I did say was that I would reserve my judgement and I reiterate that as is my right.

By the way you wrote your post I drew those conclusions. My mind hasn't been changed.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2012, 09:44:37 PM »
Yes I wrote my post and nowhere in that post does it say my reason for disagreeing with his appointment was because he was sacked by Chelsea, clearly you read into things, and draw the conclusions that suit you and your argument, just goes too prove that you are only on this site too create conflict.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 09:53:35 PM »
Well Voice he didn't last long there did he, so I was proved right, and as for him laying the foundations for their CL win, who gave you that snippet of information your best mate Abramovic, or is that another conclusion that you drew whilst discussing it down the Pub.

:up: :up: :up:

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2012, 09:58:20 PM »
Yes I wrote my post and nowhere in that post does it say my reason for disagreeing with his appointment was because he was sacked by Chelsea, clearly you read into things, and draw the conclusions that suit you and your argument, just goes too prove that you are only on this site too create conflict.

How do you work that out? Because you disagree with me doesn't mean I am here as you said. You are drawing your conclusions - on my supposedly motives - because I am or was getting close to the truth (a possible suggestion).

I am here to learn and debate, agree or disagree and not create conflict. Granted when discussing various situations it is possible that the person who is under the spot light will see it as conflict to spare their plushes.. As you stated; you didn't give your motive. Therefore I played Sherlock Holmes and drew my conclusion on various things you said, your dislike of AVB and your head looking into Spurs past. Of course my conclusions could be wrong, but I doubt it. You will never admit I was right, even if I was right.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 10:03:09 PM »
Well Voice he didn't last long there did he, so I was proved right, and as for him laying the foundations for their CL win, who gave you that snippet of information your best mate Abramovic, or is that another conclusion that you drew whilst discussing it down the Pub.

:up: :up: :up:

To be honest; anybody who understands football and knows about Chelsea could have made the same predictions as you. I can say the same about any future Chelsea manager. It doesn't take a genius, just somebody who is clever to work out no manager will last long at Chelsea.

As for who gave me this snippet of information? It is not as mysterious as you think. It was in every national Newspaper (British). I am, however, presuming it wasn't in Australian Newspapers? That is if you read Australian Newspapers to know it wasn't in them?
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2012, 10:14:08 PM »
You are quite right it wasn't in any Australian Newspaper that I read, and I don't recall reading it in any British Newspaper either, which I read regularly on the internet, so its obviously another figment of your vivid imagination!!
  Quite frankly I couldn't give a S--te about Chelsea, except when they are losing, because that gives me great pleasure!!

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 10:17:12 PM by Paul Finch »

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2012, 10:25:21 PM »

Quite frankly I couldn't give a S--te about Chelsea, except when they are losing, because that gives me great pleasure!!

We are all in agreement with that, I think!!