Barclays Premier League - 29th Dec  - KO 12:30  - Ground: stadium of light

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Sunderland v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 11:21:59 AM »
Won't be able to post the streams guys. My Internet is down and I'm posting this from my phone. Sorry

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 11:56:19 AM »
You know Biggsy that you are a life-line to many of us and we are very grateful for your work for us

Good luck with the computer

COYS

Sandroman

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 04:04:29 PM »
Tottenham won their sixth league game out of eight as they came from a goal down to beat Sunderland and move up to third in the Premier League.
Gareth Bale headed wide and Emmanuel Adebayor's two-yard shot hit the bar, before John O'Shea side-footed in from close range for the Black Cats.
Sunderland's Carlos Cuellar headed into his own net for Tottenham's leveller.
Spurs winger Aaron Lennon sealed the comeback when he burst through on goal and coolly slotted home.
Jermain Defoe and Adebayor should have put a more emphatic look to the scoreline but the Spurs strikers were denied by keeper Simon Mignolet.
Spurs winger Gareth Bale was
again booked for diving and, although there did appear to be contact when he was challenged by Craig Gardner, he will miss his side's next game following a fifth yellow card of the campaign.
Sunderland
beat Manchester City on Boxing Day but, despite taking the lead, could not cause another upset.
Both teams went into the match in good
form and the early stages involved them wresting for some sort of superiority.
However, the defences of each club were proving well drilled disciplined until a mistake by Black Cats midfielder James McClean after 25 minutes sparked a spell of Spurs pressure.
McClean lost possession on the halfway line and Lennon slid a pass to release Adebayor, whose shot was saved by the foot of on-rushing Mignolet.
Almost immediately, right-winger Lennon skipped past a defender and sent in an inviting cross which an unmarked Bale steered wide from 10 yards.
Soon after, Cuellar mistimed a
clearancefrom a Defoe shot and, even though Adebayor beat Mignolet, his poked shot came back off the crossbar.
The visitors failed to capitalise and were punished when they failed to deal with a set piece.
A Sebastian Larsson free-kick to the near post fell for Black Cats striker Steven Fletcher and, after his shot was well saved by keeper Hugo Lloris, the loose ball was slotted in by O'Shea.
Tottenham have struck up an impressive away record this season and racked up a sixth win on the road with a second-half fightback.
The visitors were gifted an equaliser when Cuellar headed Kyle Walker's near-post corner into his own goal and quickly conceded a second.
A Lennon pass came back off Sunderland defender Matthew Kilgallon and inadvertently helped the Spurs winger, who flicked the ball past O'Shea before a smart finish.
The closest the home side came to a leveller was when Spurs keeper Lloris parried an Adam Johnson strike but it was the visitors who looked the most likely to score.
Defoe chose to control and shoot from a Bale cross rather than go for a first-time shot, allowing Mignolet to scamper across and block his strike.
Mignolet also came out of his goal to save an Adebayor shot late on as Spurs enhanced their claims for a top-four spot.
Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas: "It was extremely good. Apart from the Everton fixture we have had an excellent December and to finish the year with a win like this is very good for us. I am very happy for the team. We have played a tremendous amount of games in December and it's good to get this result.
"Sunderland are difficult, but to be fair we dominated most of the game. Sunderland had a go but we had the most amount of possession and the most amount of shots. In the end we got the win that we wanted."

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 04:39:29 PM »
Another 3 points in the bag..... job well done lads!

COYS
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 05:28:37 PM »
A good result and we are doing well.

Sad about Bale not playing (because of a yellow card) against Reading but our team is strong enough without him.

I bet a few Spurs fans - or so called fans - are upset that AVB is still winning and we are 3rd in the league. Their cries of "AVB out" will have to be put on hold (or maybe not).
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 03:20:57 AM »
   Yes another excellent win, after going 1-0 down because of a stupid foul made by Walker, when we were clearly on top and pushing to score. An excellent fight back, I was starting to get quite concerned late in the game when Sunderland were pushing forward, after we had missed so many chances to really put the game to bed. I just wish Walker would stop giving away stupid free-kicks in dangerous positions, he did it again late in the 2nd half, he is a better player than that. I sometimes question some of AVB's substitution decisions late in games, he took off Lennon and Bale and Defoe and by doing that we lost all our width, and allowed them to put pressure on our defence down the flanks, late in the game when, and recent history shows, we are likely to concede goals. It certainly makes the final 10 minutes bloody nerve racking, not good for ones health when you get to my age. But never the less a great result and a well deserved 3 pts well done lads.

Just wondering who is he going to leave out in order to play Parker. Thoughts please.

:up: :up: :up:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:22:34 AM by Paul Finch »
:SN:[font

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 06:30:38 AM by Southend_Yid »

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 08:44:04 AM »

Just wondering who is he going to leave out in order to play Parker. Thoughts please.

As I said in another thread, against Reading I would like to see Dembélé on LW and Parker and Sandro in the middle.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 11:56:01 AM »
A good result and we are doing well.

Sad about Bale not playing (because of a yellow card) against Reading but our team is strong enough without him.

I bet a few Spurs fans - or so called fans - are upset that AVB is still winning and we are 3rd in the league. Their cries of "AVB out" will have to be put on hold (or maybe not).

Can't resist it can you Voice, As I've said many times before I support the team and when we win I am happy .....anyway what gives you the right to judge my or others support for our team !!!!

This was a good result in fact a very good result it seems AVB is starting to let the team 'play' a little more and dosen't seem to be so rigid in his tactical formation this is good. Maybe he reads what we are posting because there now seems to be a little more, flair to the side and this was by far the best footballing performance we have had for a few months. As Mr Finch pointed out Walker seems to be having a torrid time this season and does seem to give away too many free kicks, maybe when BAE is fit Naughton could take his place for a game ot too just to let him get his s**t together!!! Don't like the way that AVB is swapping and changing CB's it unnerves me, I know we are blessed with 4 very good CB's but I would be much more comfortable with a settled back four and preferably Dawson and Vertonghen at CB.
The biggest plus for me though has to be Lloris, I was sad to see Friedel lose his place as his performances had saved us from quite a few bad results but Lloris has turned out to be a revelation. A lot of foriegn keepers don't seem to like the physical side of the Premiership but Lloris seems to thrive on it and commands his area like a man fighting for his life !!!

So overall a great performance, good result and 3 points, the only downside was a unjustified yellow card for Bale but I fear he has started to develop a reputation and will only receive more cards in the future.

Just for you Voice, no I still don't like AVB .... but if he continues to get results and the team continues to improve footballing wise then there is still hope for him yet, and as they mentioned on the radio commentary at least he hasn't started crouching down on the touchline yet !!!!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 11:58:34 AM by ugs »
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 04:21:55 PM »

Can't resist it can you Voice, As I've said many times before I support the team and when we win I am happy .....anyway what gives you the right to judge my or others support for our team !!!!
I didn’t mention you; you must have a guilty conscience.
As for “right”; the same right you have in judging me. The same right that this is a free forum. I have no fear of you judging me, but I can understand why you fear of being judged. When the truth hurts we want to hide it. Anyway, I judged because when I joined I found certain Spurs supporters unfairly judging the manager before he had the chance to prove himself. When unfairness is spotted then we must judge and respond adequately. Is that ok with you?

This was a good result in fact a very good result it seems AVB is starting to let the team 'play' a little more and dosen't seem to be so rigid in his tactical formation this is good. Maybe he reads what we are posting because there now seems to be a little more, flair to the side and this was by far the best footballing performance we have had for a few months. As Mr Finch pointed out Walker seems to be having a torrid time this season and does seem to give away too many free kicks, maybe when BAE is fit Naughton could take his place for a game ot too just to let him get his s**t together!!! Don't like the way that AVB is swapping and changing CB's it unnerves me, I know we are blessed with 4 very good CB's but I would be much more comfortable with a settled back four and preferably Dawson and Vertonghen at CB.
Wouldn’t it have been better to have given AVB a chance, thus you would have come up with a fairer observation than previous comments; i.e. as above. I doubt very much he reads our forum. Like all managers they just need time to sort out what he wants (which Chelsea didn’t allow him to do) and imbed the new players.
The biggest plus for me though has to be Lloris, I was sad to see Friedel lose his place as his performances had saved us from quite a few bad results but Lloris has turned out to be a revelation. A lot of foriegn keepers don't seem to like the physical side of the Premiership but Lloris seems to thrive on it and commands his area like a man fighting for his life !!!
Agree.

So overall a great performance, good result and 3 points, the only downside was a unjustified yellow card for Bale but I fear he has started to develop a reputation and will only receive more cards in the future.
Agreed.

Just for you Voice, no I still don't like AVB .... but if he continues to get results and the team continues to improve footballing wise then there is still hope for him yet, and as they mentioned on the radio commentary at least he hasn't started crouching down on the touchline yet !!!!

At least you are going in the right direction. Rome wasn’t built in a day. But it eventually got there.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 05:02:15 PM »
Why thankyou your holyness for giving me your blessing and confirming my post I just couldn't sleep tonight without knowing you are in agreement!!!

What ever happen to the blocking of members posts faciilty, I really miss it !!!!

::)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 05:25:29 PM »
I didn't know a few members were in to fishing lately. :fishing:
Play nicely please gents. 8)

Offline Chelmsford_yid

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2012, 06:04:21 PM »
Some people don't listen do they....