____

Stoke

Barclays Premier League - 22nd Dec  - KO 15:00  - Ground: White Hart Lane

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Stoke
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012, 05:42:53 PM »
Bummer, I hate 0:0 games. On a good note, we didn't concede.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 01:29:38 PM »
On a bad note that was possibly our strongest side with the exception of maybe Kaboul and we couldn't beat a bunch of long ball cloggers at home !!!!!!!

And just to add salt to the wound we are behind the Woolwich Wanderers, as usual, even when they have had there worse start to a Prem season under Mr Whinger, and I suppose we still all need to give AVB time and allow him to cock things up further !!!

The way things are going Liverpool we be in front of us after the Christmas period !!!!

Go on tell me I'm a doom and gloomer I really don't care anymore I've seen enough in a poor Premier League that really only has 2 teams competing we are just another also run team with a poor manager, time to take off your rose tinted glasses and see it how it really is we are going backwards people !!!!

:'(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 05:09:15 PM »
I thought Spurs defended well and had most of the play. We were up against one of the meanest defences in the league. Over all we were a better side. I did say that I thought that over the Christmas period Stoke would be our toughest match (even though I also said we would win).
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 07:33:13 PM »
UGS
Why don't you just F. off an go support Ars*nal instead!
c*ntz like you have no place on this forum!!!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 07:38:44 PM »
UGS

Uncalled for Joolz, just because I don't share you views and rose tinted glasses there is no need to result to that kind of language, have I touched a nerve !!!!!

Forums are about opinions and that is mine, I'm sorry you don't agree but I'm not a Woolwich Wanderers fan I am a Spurs fan that has supported my club through thick and thin for 40 years, and I am not going to stop or change my opinions for you or anyone else !!!

:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 09:25:39 PM »
UGS

Uncalled for Joolz, just because I don't share you views and rose tinted glasses there is no need to result to that kind of language, have I touched a nerve !!!!!

Forums are about opinions and that is mine, I'm sorry you don't agree but I'm not a Woolwich Wanderers fan I am a Spurs fan that has supported my club through thick and thin for 40 years, and I am not going to stop or change my opinions for you or anyone else !!!

:(
To be fair you come over a certain way. I am new here but was shocked when I joined this forum and so-many so called Spurs fans being so anti-Spurs (instead of getting behind the team). I did think that Ars*nal supporters had managed to join this forum.

As for rose tinted glasses. You said that before. How do you work that out? All managers should be given the chance and you are not going to achieve great results in one sitting. Any manager or somebody more knowledgeable about sport will tell you that. That is not wearing rose tinted glasses but being fair and understanding how football works. AVB is building a team and at the moment we are in a good position. Nobody is wearing rose tinted glasses other than you over Harry.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 11:31:34 PM »
First of all Voice I am not Anti Spurs, but Anti AVB yes !!!

I do not accept that we are doing well, we are 5th and going backwards with less points than last season and playing a brand of football that does not fit this club. I was willing to give AVB a chance, didn't have much choice really seeing as I cannot influence Daniel Levy, but I have seen nothing to make me think we are improving. How many more times do we have to fail in a poor league before we all start to realise that AVB just dosen't have it, nice bloke mumbles a bit but to manage our club ..... sorry just not good enough !!!

:nope:

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 11:52:23 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

How could you possibly have a touched nerve? You have been posting the same old, same old crap since the beginning of the season.

I usually stay well clear of trolls like you disguised a Spurs fans. I have had a moment of weakness today, but I can assure you that it will not happen again.

There are real supporters here and you are not one of them.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 12:06:29 AM »

How could you possibly have a touched nerve? You have been posting the same old, same old crap since the beginning of the season.

I usually stay well clear of trolls like you disguised a Spurs fans. I have had a moment of weakness today, but I can assure you that it will not happen again.

There are real supporters here and you are not one of them.

So it bothers you not that the Woolwich Wanderers are now above us after the start to the season they have had and the fact that Chelski have sacked their manager (again) and they are still above us, we are 9 points worse off and 2 places worse off than last season and that dosen't bother you... yes their are real supporters here and we are hurting !!!!

:'(

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 12:40:57 AM »
Of course it bothers me, particularly with the gooners above us, yet again! but it does not mean I should not give my support to our manager.

We all agree that he is not doing a brilliant job, but he deserves our support and this I will continue to give until proven otherwise> We are not there yet.

Let's see what happens at Villa Park on boxing day

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 10:18:06 AM »
At last joolz you have admitted that AVB isn't doing a brilliant job, this is exactly what a lot of us have said, and have been branded as Doom and Gloomers, and Trolls by yourself on quite few occasions. I like ugs have supported Spurs for many, many years through thick and thin, when we were relegated in the 70's it did not stop me from travelling to watch my beloved team and give them my FULL support, I, like a lot of Spurs Supporters do not like the brand of Football that we are serving up at the moment, or the direction that we are taking, it concerns us, that does not make us Trolls or Doom and Gloomers, what it does do is show that we really do care for our Club and its future.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:
:SN:[font

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 10:26:22 AM »
At last joolz you have admitted that AVB isn't doing a brilliant job, this is exactly what a lot of us have said, and have been branded as Doom and Gloomers, and Trolls by yourself on quite few occasions. I like ugs have supported Spurs for many, many years through thick and thin, when we were relegated in the 70's it did not stop me from travelling to watch my beloved team and give them my FULL support, I, like a lot of Spurs Supporters do not like the brand of Football that we are serving up at the moment, or the direction that we are taking, it concerns us, that does not make us Trolls or Doom and Gloomers, what it does do is show that we really do care for our Club and its future.

Thank you Mr finch for putting it in such an eloquant manner !!

:up:

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2012, 10:54:28 AM »
First of all Voice I am not Anti Spurs, but Anti AVB yes !!!

But why are you anti AVB? I think because Chelsea influenced you in that. Instead of making your own mind up. If Spurs had brought him first I bet you would be saying something totally different now. Whether he is good for the club or not he needs time, like all new managers do. For Christ sake he's only been in the job about six months and in that time has had to deal with new players, players that were sold and injuries. Taking all that into consideration he is doing a brilliant job.

I do not accept that we are doing well, we are 5th and going backwards with less points than last season and playing a brand of football that does not fit this club. I was willing to give AVB a chance, didn't have much choice really seeing as I cannot influence Daniel Levy, but I have seen nothing to make me think we are improving. How many more times do we have to fail in a poor league before we all start to realise that AVB just dosen't have it, nice bloke mumbles a bit but to manage our club ..... sorry just not good enough !!!

:nope:

We are joint 4th. I am glad that you can't influence Levy or otherwise we probably would be relegated now and struggling in the Conference League (ok, maybe Championship league).
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 10:57:21 AM »

I would say that AVB is doing a brilliant job under the conditions; as I pointed out above. To know how good he really is he needs time. I am quite happy to admit he was a failure, but not yet. He need time, as I have constantly said.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do