SpursNetwork

Man City v Tottenham

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Man City v Tottenham
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2012, 07:44:54 AM »
Nothing would have saved us Sunday, the problem we have is we do not have a playmaker, why you may ask? because Mr Levy in his wisdom has sold them, Modric, VDV and Kranjar, our replacement Dembele is injured and we have no-one else cos between AVB and Levy they couldn't get one after selling VDV, I feel that they are not selecting the right players and Sunday proved it to me, playing Dempsey and not Defoe absolutely staggers me, he is just not good enough and Sunday proved that, but AVB can't see it, we were lucky to only lose 2-1. I am not saying that had Defoe played we would have won but I do think that him and Ade could have caused their defence a lot more problems, at the risk of repeating myself Dempsey does not give us anything.

:nope: :nope: :nope:
:SN:[font

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2012, 08:02:38 AM »
Quote from RSS61 'AVB and Lloris were brought in as a part of a new direction for our club, one that embraces quick passing and fast tempo football.'

You are taking the P--S aren't you, please tell me that you are, cos you can't be serious, we have been playing that type of football for the past 3 yrs, but under the present coach we are playing a brand of football that is neither quick passing nor fast tempo, I cannot remember the last time that we played a less entertaining brand of Football.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2012, 08:13:06 AM »
playing Dempsey and not Defoe absolutely staggers me, he is just not good enough and Sunday proved that, but AVB can't see it, we were lucky to only lose 2-1. I am not saying that had Defoe played we would have won but I do think that him and Ade could have caused their defence a lot more problems, at the risk of repeating myself Dempsey does not give us anything.
Defoe was not fully fit.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2012, 08:36:56 AM »
When did he get injured Riff before,during or after the game?

::) ::) ::)

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2012, 09:30:21 AM »
I'm not his mother, I don't know. It was reported he was not fit to start and only appeared as a substitute for the last ten minutes. He was even omitted from the England squad.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2012, 11:56:21 AM »
Why do you have to be such a f-----g smart arse? I asked a simple question and all it required was a simple answer, you can be such a cockhead at times Riff.

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2012, 12:05:56 PM »
I am aware that he only played the last 10 minutes because I watched the game, I might add that it was not reported that he was not fit to start on the coverage that I watched, in fact the commentators were surprised that he wasn't included in the starting line-up after his performance on Thurs!!

:nods: :nods: :nods:

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 12:44:34 PM »
Why do you have to be such a f-----g smart arse? I asked a simple question and all it required was a simple answer, you can be such a cockhead at times Riff.
Of course you did. Thanks for the cockhead, though. Well put, Mr Finch.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2012, 01:03:25 PM »
Quote from RSS61 'AVB and Lloris were brought in as a part of a new direction for our club, one that embraces quick passing and fast tempo football.'

You are taking the P--S aren't you, please tell me that you are, cos you can't be serious, we have been playing that type of football for the past 3 yrs, but under the present coach we are playing a brand of football that is neither quick passing nor fast tempo, I cannot remember the last time that we played a less entertaining brand of Football.

At times we played quick passing football under Harry, other times we lumped it up to Crouchy and Adebayor. We probably would be playing quick passing football now if we had the players capable of doing so. That is what I am getting at. Lloris is part of our future and we really don't want to loose him only for Friedal to retire in a year or two.

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2012, 04:35:10 PM »
Defoe has got hamstring problems so presume that happened  during his short stint on Sunday as cannot
see him playing any part if the injury was known.
Also with hamstring issues are Lennon and Walker.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2012, 04:42:06 PM »
Voice. I think you should stop feeding that guy, you will get nothing out of him but aggro.

I will continue to back AVB until we lose 10 games in a row (not 13!) around April next year and I beileve  Lloris should be our No.1 keeper sooner rather than later regardless of how good Friedel has been!

Luckily he is in the minority and there are more supporters like you around. :up:
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2012, 04:44:56 PM »
Nothing would have saved us Sunday, the problem we have is we do not have a playmaker, why you may ask? because Mr Levy in his wisdom has sold them, Modric, VDV and Kranjar, our replacement Dembele is injured and we have no-one else cos between AVB and Levy they couldn't get one after selling VDV, I feel that they are not selecting the right players and Sunday proved it to me, playing Dempsey and not Defoe absolutely staggers me, he is just not good enough and Sunday proved that, but AVB can't see it, we were lucky to only lose 2-1. I am not saying that had Defoe played we would have won but I do think that him and Ade could have caused their defence a lot more problems, at the risk of repeating myself Dempsey does not give us anything.

:nope: :nope: :nope:

What do you mean nothing could have saved us? I don't think you were even watching the game but spend too much time listening to your Chelsea mates.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2012, 04:46:21 PM »

::) ::) ::)

It is obvious you are not paying attention and have both eyes on your Chelsea mates.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2012, 04:47:01 PM »

And this coming from you :lol:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Paul Finch

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2012, 07:11:27 AM »
Voice ,
 Either you don't read my posts, or just write your normal accusations for the sake of it. Obviously if you were watching the game it was through those rose coloured glasses that you insist on wearing, we scored against the run of play in the first half , but the goal we got was very well taken and actually exposed  Man City's defence, which is why I made my statement regarding Defoe and Ade being able to cause them problems, but obviously you chose not to read that. I have spoken to a lot of neutral supporters and to a man they all said that we were lucky to only lose 2-1, and as much as it galls me I have to agree, I think we might have had a total of 4 maybe five shots at goal, and I cannot recall Hart having to make 1 save other than the goal he let in , although I'm sure with your photographic memory you will be able to correct me!I do not think that is good enough quite frankly for a team that has its sights set on qualifying for Champions League. At the end of the game the possession percentage was 55% to 45% in favour of City probably to be expected playing away. Please do not state your normal, we have 5 injured players crap, as I keep saying we DO NOT HAVE either PLAYMAKER or the DEPTH in our SQUAD and that is a big worry, although I am sure that you will have some sort of excuse for that!!

:nods: :nods:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:14:47 AM by Paul Finch »