SpursNetwork

Man City v Tottenham

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Man City v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 07:43:14 AM »
I cannot see us win this one up there, but If we have a good defensive midfield and a wide awake defense with a on-form Lennon, Bale & Defoe,  and if they have a bad day, I predict a 1-1 draw! but am I asking too much?

I would like to see Lloris start today. His performance on Thursday suggests that he is showing a lack of confidence. He needs games and this one would be a good one for him. :nods:

I'm with you on this one Joolz. Not because Friedal has done anything wrong, he hasn't. By the same token, what has Defoe done wrong ?? and he was dropped.
I thought we played well in midweek, and had a good win. Surely, injury permitting, we should have stuck with the same 11 and same system. If Lloris is not going to be our no 1 keeper, then we migh just as well sell him in January, as we are truely going backwards again.
Where were Bale and Lennon yesterday ? They never got into the game, and without them we are useless going forwards, no creativity whatsoever.
Lets face it, the way we were playing, at half time it was pretty obvious that sooner or later City would score and go on to win the game.
2 attempts on target is simply not good enough. Defoe and Ade up front is a must. So far I have supported AVB 100% but if we play like this against Ars*nal, we will get beaten, make no mistake, and AVB may not recover from that.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 09:53:24 AM »
  Once again you accuse me of something I'm not and your only retort is to give AVB a chance because some other people say the same.
First of all I don’t care what other people say. I make my own judgement. And that judgement is to give him a chance. You can’t judge a person on a limited amount of time. There have been some great managers – from all different teams – that their fans wanted them out (Ferguson being one) and they were given more time and they achieved their goals.
You say I accuse you of being something you are not; so you are not a “boo boy” and you support our manager and team. OK, then I apologise. Just give Spurs a chance.
Look at the what happened today and can you honestly say that there was anything there to give you hope, and be honest don't just blindly say I'm going to give AVB a season and I'm a gooner. Actually evaluate what happened on the pitch at the Etihad and tell me that we are improving if you can because there was very little there today to make any real Spurs fan smile and if your honest you will admit we are going backwards
There was plenty to give me hope. Even in the Wigan game. Of course you may dismiss me as irrelevant (ok) but listen to the commentators, pundits and analysers; they are not drawing the same conclusions as you. Has all the professionals got it wrong and few boo boys got it right? In the City game we battled well and finally conceded a late goal. We were against an unbeaten team; home and away. On top of that we didn’t have our full squad. Yes, there was plenty to give me hope.

I'm not hopeful that you will be honest because so far all you've done is bury your head in the sand like alot of other people, I'm desperate for us to do well but before that happens we will need to employ another manager.....sorry but I can't see any other way AVB just isn't good enough give him 1 season give him 10 seasons the truth is he ain't gonna make it !!!!!!!
You say you are not hopeful that I will be honest. Are you saying “honesty”  necessitates me to be part of the boo boys and shout and scream against our team? And that is what you call “honesty”? I am a loyal Spurs supporter that believes in getting behind my team – not wishing them to lose so I can continue booing the manager – and at least giving the manager a decent chance.
You mean you hope he doesn’t make it so at least you can come back on here and laugh at those that didn’t agree with you? Then keep your fingers crossed that Ars*nal win and Spurs lose other games and you can laugh all your way to the Championship. At least somebody will be happy!!!!!
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 09:55:28 AM »
Surely if Lloris is showing a lack of confidence this is not the game to start him in is it? I would think that we need a Keeper who is FULL of CONFIDENCE and playing well would we not? or am I missing something??

I mean,  the longer he plays bit parts the more difficult it will be to integrate in the side. He needs regular games to retain his form I would like to see AVB reverse th roles: Lloris in league games ans Freidel in cup games,

So replace one of our best players this season with a new one just cos he's younger and cost more, Friedel has been immaculate this season and if it wasn't for him we would have a lot less points.
Mind you after yesterday I wouldn't be surprised seeing as Defoe scores a hat trick and has been on fire and AVB replaces him with Adebayor and keeps playing Dempsey, yeh I can see that replace your top goalscorer and keep a useless lump in the team who touched the ball about 10 times yesterday !!!!

:nope:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 09:59:07 AM »
Surely if Lloris is showing a lack of confidence this is not the game to start him in is it? I would think that we need a Keeper who is FULL of CONFIDENCE and playing well would we not? or am I missing something??

I mean,  the longer he plays bit parts the more difficult it will be to integrate in the side. He needs regular games to retain his form I would like to see AVB reverse th roles: Lloris in league games ans Freidel in cup games,

So replace one of our best players this season with a new one just cos he's younger and cost more, Friedel has been immaculate this season and if it wasn't for him we would have a lot less points.
Mind you after yesterday I wouldn't be surprised seeing as Defoe scores a hat trick and has been on fire and AVB replaces him with Adebayor and keeps playing Dempsey, yeh I can see that replace your top goalscorer and keep a useless lump in the team who touched the ball about 10 times yesterday !!!!

You could also argue that if it wasn't for Freidel we might not have conceded that late goal. Yes, he is a good goalkeeper but he has let some goals in he shouldn't have.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 10:05:57 AM »

You could also argue that if it wasn't for Freidel we might not have conceded that late goal. Yes, he is a good goalkeeper but he has let some goals in he shouldn't have.

Unbelievable you think that last Man City goal was Friedel's fault, you could put any keeper in there for that goal and not one of them would of stopped it.... a full powered volley from point blank range.

Stop trying to justify stuff that is ridiculous Friedel didn't stand a chance the ball in by David Silva was sublimed and the finish was top class !!!!

>:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 11:07:54 AM »

By the way, Defoe is injured and even withdrew from England squad.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 02:43:34 PM »
The facts remain that
1. We are completely unable to defend a lead or keep a clean sheet, no matter how poor the opposition.
2. We do not create or score enough goals.
3. Under pressure our crisp passing game falls apart.
We still need a CB and captain who can ORGANISE the defence. Then we need a top class attacking miffielder, and a striker.
Only then will we be able to start winning a few games that we don't do now. Never mind which manager we have, nothing will change until we address the flaws in our team.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 04:55:16 PM »

Unbelievable you think that last Man City goal was Friedel's fault, you could put any keeper in there for that goal and not one of them would of stopped it.... a full powered volley from point blank range.

Stop trying to justify stuff that is ridiculous Friedel didn't stand a chance the ball in by David Silva was sublimed and the finish was top class !!!!

Can you read? I said “You could argue that if it wasn’t for Freidel we might not have conceded that late goal”. I didn’t say I “think that last Man City goal was Friedel’s fault”. There is a light difference in meaning; conjecture rather than positive.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 06:57:34 PM »

Can you read? I said “You could argue that if it wasn’t for Freidel we might not have conceded that late goal”. I didn’t say I “think that last Man City goal was Friedel’s fault”. There is a light difference in meaning; conjecture rather than positive.

But why even come out with the statement, absolutely pointless post !!!!

8D

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 08:02:24 PM »

8D

You seem to miss my point. I came out with my "statement," as you say, in reference to what you had previously said.

Nothing is pointless unless the mind is too dull to pick up the points that are on show. ;) :D
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 08:31:40 PM »

8D

You seem to miss my point. I came out with my "statement," as you say, in reference to what you had previously said.

Nothing is pointless unless the mind is too dull to pick up the points that are on show. ;) :D

You don't half type some s**te !!!!

;) :D

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 08:34:50 PM »

8D

You don't half type some s**te !!!!

;) :D

Well, that made me laugh. It is the old saying "If you can't think of anything intelligent to say then say something that reflects oneself. And you did ;) :D :up:
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 08:53:30 PM »
Okay, stay on topic, please.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 11:24:56 PM »
Voice. I think you should stop feeding that guy, you will get nothing out of him but aggro.

I will continue to back AVB until we lose 10 games in a row (not 13!) around April next year and I beileve  Lloris should be our No.1 keeper sooner rather than later regardless of how good Friedel has been!

Offline RSS61

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2012, 07:26:16 AM »
Voice. I think you should stop feeding that guy, you will get nothing out of him but aggro.

I will continue to back AVB until we lose 10 games in a row (not 13!) around April next year and I beileve  Lloris should be our No.1 keeper sooner rather than later regardless of how good Friedel has been!

Exactly Joolz. AVB and Lloris were brought in as part of a new direction for our club, one that embraces quick passing and fast tempo football. We have seen some of that this season, and Lloris is part of our future, not Friedal. He was brought in as a short term replacement to replace the hapless Gomes, and it worked. But we have to move on. Keeping Lloris on the bench is slowly destroying his confidence.
Whilst on the subject of the hapless Gomes, whom I seem to remember cost around 8 million, I would like to know who is responsible for the ongoing purchase of players who are simply not good enough, each of these costing 8 million or so it seems. The latest additions would seem to be, on the evidence so far, Dempsey and Siggurdsson, who look like joining the long list of players who will never make the grade at Spurs.
I feel that these are the reasons why we are struggling again this season, not because of AVB.