____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 11th Nov - KO 13:30  - Ground: Eithad Stadium

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Man City v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 01:16:34 PM »
I cannot see us win this one up there, but If we have a good defensive midfield and a wide awake defense with a on-form Lennon, Bale & Defoe,  and if they have a bad day, I predict a 1-1 draw! but am I asking too much?

I would like to see Lloris start today. His performance on Thursday suggests that he is showing a lack of confidence. He needs games and this one would be a good one for him. :nods:

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 12:49:22 PM »
Surely if Lloris is showing a lack of confidence this is not the game to start him in is it? I would think that we need a Keeper who is FULL of CONFIDENCE and playing well would we not? or am I missing something??

:o :o :o
:SN:[font

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 01:26:44 PM »
I have just seen the SPURS team for today Defoe out, Adebayour in, and he is persisting with Dempsey, I cannot believe that he isn't starting Defoe and Adebayour together, what is wrong with him.

:o :o :o >:( >:( >:(
:SN:[font

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 02:27:44 PM »
I have just seen the SPURS team for today Defoe out, Adebayour in, and he is persisting with Dempsey, I cannot believe that he isn't starting Defoe and Adebayour together, what is wrong with him.

:o :o :o >:( >:( >:(

I agree totally its half time and Dempsey has touched the ball about twice.... we are very fortunate that Citeh are in such disarray, they can't get it together at the moment. God help us if they get it together in the second half because they have got in behind us about 6 times so far !!

:-\
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 03:02:40 PM »
Here we go again. Lost a 0-1 lead again. Hopefully we aren't going to spend the last 20 minutes pinned back in our half.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 04:21:42 PM »
To sum up this game

Poor Tactics + Poor Motivation + Poor Direction + Poor Substitutions = No Points again !!!

They were there for the taking today and AVB couldn't get his tactics, substitutions and worst of all motivation right, we lack confidence and direction and look terrible in defence.
The only thing that stopped us getting a hammering today is Citeh look more disorganised than us but at least their manager changed his tactics and system and got the job done !!!!

:'(   >:(

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 05:06:40 PM »
To be fair City are unbeaten home and away this season. Considering we've still got an injury problem our defeat doesn't look too bad, considering. I expected a lot worse result. Nevertheless I will judge over a season, not at the start of the season. We are 6th in the league and above Ars*nal.  We are 10points behind the leaders and not that far behind the rest of the top 5.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 06:40:02 PM »
To be fair City are unbeaten home and away this season. Considering we've still got an injury problem our defeat doesn't look too bad, considering. I expected a lot worse result. Nevertheless I will judge over a season, not at the start of the season. We are 6th in the league and above Ars*nal.  We are 10points behind the leaders and not that far behind the rest of the top 5.

Excuses excuses excuses ... we are behind Wet Spam and we have a manger who can't manage or understand how to change tactics... playing a high line against the attack Man City have is suicidal, picking Dempsey week in week out if he touched the ball more than 10 times today I'll be amazed. Taking one of two players off who was actually causing Citeh problems, Adebayor, and leaving Dempsey on .... wait till the end of the season and we will be 30+ points behind the leaders and not that far above the bottom 5
If we play like that again next week we won't be in front of Ars*nal any more ffs can't you see that we are going backwards, getting worse and losing confidence or are you just going to keep dribbling on about get behind the manager and judge him over a season crap !!!!

He ain't good enough period full stop end of argument tactically inept and can't motivate !!!!

:tickedoff:   :'(   >:(

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 07:01:35 PM »
I said that I wouldn't feed the trolls on this Forum ie; the likes of ugs,  but your comments are so negative that I wonder why you even bother following this wonderful club.

Yes we had another bad day today like a few other clubs this week-end.  I will agree with Voice that beating MC on their own turf is never easy as they have a few more millions quid and a far greater squad than us, but I am f*cked if I am going to crticise AVB or the players this early in the season.  :tickedoff:

Sure,  there are gaps to fill and areas to improve on, but this applies to every other club in the PL. I watched the Ars*nal game yesterday and the Chelsea game today and they also have problems.

And please lose the Armsrtong quote!  :-[

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2012, 08:22:39 PM »
Didn't expect to see Adebayor partnered with Defoe but think Adebayor
was  a good choice. He upset Mancity for sure and to sub him as he was getting
tired and "involved" was to me a good decision considering he already had a yellow card.
Otherwise we could have been down to 10 men .......

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2012, 08:27:33 PM »

Excuses excuses excuses ... we are behind Wet Spam and we have a manger who can't manage or understand how to change tactics... playing a high line against the attack Man City have is suicidal, picking Dempsey week in week out if he touched the ball more than 10 times today I'll be amazed. Taking one of two players off who was actually causing Citeh problems, Adebayor, and leaving Dempsey on .... wait till the end of the season and we will be 30+ points behind the leaders and not that far above the bottom 5
If we play like that again next week we won't be in front of Ars*nal any more ffs can't you see that we are going backwards, getting worse and losing confidence or are you just going to keep dribbling on about get behind the manager and judge him over a season crap !!!!

He ain't good enough period full stop end of argument tactically inept and can't motivate !!!!

Some of the top managers, pundits and even players have said that he should be given a chance. You are certainly not a football expert - granted you are an expert at moaning - unless you are the Ars*nal manager? And even if you are I suggest you look closer to home.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2012, 08:48:58 PM »

Some of the top managers, pundits and even players have said that he should be given a chance. You are certainly not a football expert - granted you are an expert at moaning - unless you are the Ars*nal manager? And even if you are I suggest you look closer to home.

Once again you accuse me of something I'm not and your only retort is to give AVB a chance because some other people say the same.
Look at the what happened today and can you honestly say that there was anything there to give you hope, and be honest don't just blindly say I'm going to give AVB a season and I'm a gooner. Actually evaluate what happened on the pitch at the Etihad and tell me that we are improving if you can because there was very little there today to make any real Spurs fan smile and if your honest you will admit we are going backwards

I'm not hopeful that you will be honest because so far all you've done is bury your head in the sand like alot of other people, I'm desperate for us to do well but before that happens we will need to employ another manager.....sorry but I can't see any other way AVB just isn't good enough give him 1 season give him 10 seasons the truth is he ain't gonna make it !!!!!!!

:nods:

Offline spursjoolz

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2012, 11:08:56 PM »
Surely if Lloris is showing a lack of confidence this is not the game to start him in is it? I would think that we need a Keeper who is FULL of CONFIDENCE and playing well would we not? or am I missing something??

I mean,  the longer he plays bit parts the more difficult it will be to integrate in the side. He needs regular games to retain his form I would like to see AVB reverse th roles: Lloris in league games ans Freidel in cup games,

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2012, 06:23:26 AM »

I mean,  the longer he plays bit parts the more difficult it will be to integrate in the side. He needs regular games to retain his form I would like to see AVB reverse th roles: Lloris in league games ans Freidel in cup games,
Sure, he needs games. But, I'm not sure he would've saved us yesterday.