• Season Ticket: No
Reading 1-3 Tottenham
« on: September 08, 2012, 03:56:38 PM »

Reading
____

v
____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 16th Sep  - KO 16:00  - Ground: Madejski Stadium               

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 11:40:50 AM by Biggs »

Offline daib0

• Royals Rendezvous
  • Hero: Robin Friday
Re: Reading v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 12:14:33 PM »
I'll pluck up courage and get the ball rolling ...
Must admit I'm a bit nervous. No-one expected us Royals to get anything from Chelsea, the reigning European champions, whereas Spurs are the first big team that we might just get something from!
If any fans are making the short trip down the M4 I'd proudly like to offer you the Royals Rendezvous Special guide for Away fans with about everything on travel, drinking & eating etc.:
http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/9220871/1
Royals Rendezvous  - a friendly Reading forum

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 01:06:20 PM »
whereas Spurs are the first big team that we might just get something from!
Does getting beaten count?  :lol: No, seriously, I sincerely hope we can kickstart our season and grab all three points from that game. Reading have been a tricky opponent for many top teams and I cannot see a big win coming but at the moment a win is a win for us.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 01:14:59 PM »
Does getting beaten count?  :lol: No, seriously, I sincerely hope we can kickstart our season and grab all three points from that game. Reading have been a tricky opponent for many top teams and I cannot see a big win coming but at the moment a win is a win for us.

Its time for all our players to get their fingers out big time. We cannot go on forever blaming Levy and AVB. If they are good enough they will win this one.

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 08:56:36 PM »
Exactly RSS61 the players must get some, if not all the blame, they are on the park,
have trained together and now is the time for them as a team to produce the goods.

COYS

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 11:39:05 PM »
... and I think they will

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 09:13:40 AM »
We can only HOPE :spurs: :spurs: :spurs:

COYS
:SN:[font

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 11:54:18 AM »

Its time for all our players to get their fingers out big time. We cannot go on forever blaming Levy and AVB. If they are good enough they will win this one.

Levy bought the players and AVB trains and instructs them what to do on the pitch.... still a pretty good reason to blame Levy and AVB. If we lose today then it really does start to look like another Chelski situation with the players saying they back the manager then letting him down on the pitch !!!!
I really do think that there are some big problems behind the scenes at Spurs and I really don't think a visit to Reading who are trying to establish themselves is going to be a good day for us, god I pray I'm wrong but with the tactics that we have employed recently !!!!
If we start with two holding midfielders today then I feel the writing will be on the wall and come tomorrow AVB will be a dead man walking, this is a must win game and a must win game with style and flair. We are a pale shadow of the side that played last season in fact the side that finished the season poorly looked better, the football we are playing is poor and the end result is a team lacking in attacking flair and from what I can see struggling with the system being employed !!!
With the players we have we should be playing with a bit more attacking endeavour and against teams like WBA, Norwich and READING we should be dominating the match and taking 3 points every time.

Please Please Please AVB and the boys prove me wrong very very wrong I beg of you because I can't take another poor result !!!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dylano

• Hero: Johan Cruyff
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 12:58:05 PM »
FFS let's have a win. I can't take another week of crowing from f**kin Wet Spam  8D

Offline RSS61

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 08:03:47 AM »
... and I think they will
[/quoteAn they did !!!

Offline DstarJ

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Reading 1-3 Tottenham
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 03:07:11 PM »
Outstanding performance!!! but defoe should have had 5 today not 2 he had so many chance and if you look at how many he had he should really be puttin more in the back of the net, hes good but too greedy at times and he needs to be more of a team player thats y if adebayors fit i wud pick him to start no questions asked . last season for a striker he got most assists. he got 18 prem league goals and 13 assists. say no more he would be my first option for the striker

Offline RSS61

Re: Reading 1-3 Tottenham
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 07:38:44 AM »
Outstanding performance!!! but defoe should have had 5 today not 2 he had so many chance and if you look at how many he had he should really be puttin more in the back of the net, hes good but too greedy at times and he needs to be more of a team player thats y if adebayors fit i wud pick him to start no questions asked . last season for a striker he got most assists. he got 18 prem league goals and 13 assists. say no more he would be my first option for the striker

Unfortunately Adebayor hasn't been fit this season, but I fully agree. Though Defoe's contribution has been far better this season, once Ade is fit I think Defoe will be dropped. We really do need an out and out striker in January.