SpursNetwork

Tottenham 1-5 Chelsea

Offline Lowestoft Yid

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Chelsea
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 04:46:40 PM »
ugs, i know where your coming from, but i hope your wrong about the fizzle out and die part.
I'm confident 2day will be a good day, so lets go out and enjoy it
 :coys:

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 07:59:29 PM »
Not sure about anyone else but i feel totally humiliated right now .Losing is one thing but being rolled over 5-1 is something else .f**king spineless arseholes the lot of them !
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 08:00:12 PM »
OK I'll be the first to admit it, we were thumped. Gutting non goal, worst decision ever in a football match and at a crucial moment too but despite that we were well and truly thumped. Central defence was old and tired and outplayed.
I did enjoy the first half though. Its going to be hard to kick on from here.
Still there will always be another Saturday, there will always be another season, there will always be Tottenham. Come on you Spurs
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline pukekohespur

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 08:05:38 PM »
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. BUT
I don't think Cudicini turned out to be a good choice and Nelson would at least have been more mobile than either Gallas or King.
Nice to see harry start with Lennon though, a statement of intent even though it didn't work. Is that six straight semi final loses now?
I'm going to walk the dog now.
I do fear the vultures will start circling now and our best players could be dragged off but when it all comes down to it, it is only a game.

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 08:14:11 PM »
Why does this always happen to us ? It doesn`t happen to utd or chelsea .Ars*nal have been a bit prone to it in the last few years but it happens to spurs almost every season .Six straight semi-final defeats now since 1991 .f**king disgrace !

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 08:55:14 PM »
I think most of us could see this defeat coming quite clearly, however 5-1 is a bloody insult!

Why did Arry start with Cudicni when Brad was fit it makes no sense, Gallas and King in the middle when their best years are behind them sometimes I do wonder about Arrys choices!

At least we have 6th in the league to look forward to and our best players going elsewhere, Arry of to England to fail miserably and THFC to start all over again!

Yes its just again but we promise so much, have so much ability and delivery f**k all other than topics for discussion on what if.......
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline pukekohespur

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 09:00:16 PM »
Desperate to find positives.
1. I believe it was Chelsea fans who behaved so poorly in the moments silence. Sub species
2. Lennon could have gone down when he was fouled in the penalty area but played on . In the spirit of the game nice to see but Chelsea celebrated a goal they knew wasn't.
In the end Chelsea won but they cheated and their fans have no respect for the tragedy that was being remembered.
Spurs play fair and just remember how fans reacted and behaved during the Bolton games.
We might not be going down Wembley way but i Know who i would rather by. Dignified in defeat not ugly in victory.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 07:39:37 AM »
Its Sunday night down here, it will be a restless night before getting up at 5am to make some noise and start the celebrations.
As I write this I am looking at one of my prized possessions. A signed, framed photograph of Greaves. Mc Kay Jones etc carrying the FA cup around Wembely having just won the 67 final. We beat Chelsea then and tomorrow [Kiwi time] we will do it again.
If you're going, have fun. I'll say it again, if Nelson gets on the paddock he'll do the business.
Glory glory

I was at that game as a 13yr old boy. I have to say that there is no comparison whatsoever with the team that day, Jennings Kinnear Knowles Mullery England Mackay Robertson Greaves Gilzean Vanables Saul, and yesterdays miserable bunch. Aside from Parker, Bale, and Lennon/Modric/Walker at times we were a complete disgrace. We allowed the Chelsea old guard to steamroller over us, leaving aside the goal that wasn't our second half collapse was unbearable.

Offline pukekohespur

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 08:01:10 AM »
 Jennings Kinnear Knowles Mullery England Mackay Robertson Greaves Gilzean

Makes me weep just saying their names

Offline dylano

• Hero: Johan Cruyff
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 08:50:49 AM »
OK I'll be the first to admit it, we were thumped. Gutting non goal, worst decision ever in a football match and at a crucial moment too but despite that we were well and truly thumped. Central defence was old and tired and outplayed.
Still there will always be another Saturday, there will always be another season, there will always be Tottenham. Come on you Spurs
It's great to have perspective but all the same, something is going very wrong out there...

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 10:29:54 AM »
It's great to have perspective but all the same, something is going very wrong out there...

With the exeption of Parker and Friedal its the same players who collapsed last season.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 03:06:21 PM »
Desperate to find positives.
1. I believe it was Chelsea fans who behaved so poorly in the moments silence. Sub species
2. Lennon could have gone down when he was fouled in the penalty area but played on . In the spirit of the game nice to see but Chelsea celebrated a goal they knew wasn't.
In the end Chelsea won but they cheated and their fans have no respect for the tragedy that was being remembered.
Spurs play fair and just remember how fans reacted and behaved during the Bolton games.
We might not be going down Wembley way but i Know who i would rather by. Dignified in defeat not ugly in victory.

And in the fullness of time completely and utterly forgotten, who gives a s**te about playing the right way or being the nice guys...... just for once I wish we would be a bunch of c*nts and actually win something even if we have to be ridiculed for it, winning is the only thing that matters nobody remembers the people, teams or names that come second !!!!!

If Chelski go on to win it, and the chances are they probably will, their name will be on the cup and no one will remember the fact they cheated their way there or the ref had an absolute :tossa: of a day ........ all that will be seen is Chelski FA Cup winners 2012 !!!!!!!!!!

:'(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2012, 08:59:49 PM »
You make a good point ugs .We never seem to have that ruthless streak that other teams have .

Offline pukekohespur

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 09:30:57 PM »
Sorry I can't agree with either of you here.
I don't want to get all philosophical but i just may have to. We live in a world where dishonesty ,cheating, lying and deception are seen as increasingly normal, accepted and even encouraged. As long as you don't get caught anything is OK. It reveals a serious lack of moral credibility. I need to support a team that strives to rise above that, that strives  to set a moral tone of fair play, honesty and endeavor.
For me 40 plus years of my life has been spent supporting a team that has produced role models and gentleman like Greaves, Blanchflower, Mabbutt, Mc Kay, Jones, Mullary, Perryman etc. etc.
As the sense of injustice about yesterday grows I do gain pride from the fact that we kept our dignity and played in the spirit of the game. I am proud of the way Spurs supporters conduct themselves.
And for some of us ,yes that is more important than winning at any cost.
I realise i may sound like a god botherer, I am not, nor am I prone to lecturing others about how they should live their lives. But I can not support a team who cheat and lie and behave in such a deplorable way and thankfully I don't, can fans from some other teams say the same thing.
When it comes down to it Cheating is cheating. Quite simple. Chelsea cheated.

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 08:22:40 PM »
I agree totally with everything you say but there is a very true saying :

Nice guys finish last !

I hate cheats and cheating but they frequently prosper