Chelsea

FA Cup Semi Final - 15th April  - KO 19:00  - Ground: Wembley

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 05:34:53 PM by Biggs »

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham v Chelsea
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 07:53:50 AM »
Cant believe nobody has posted here yet. Guess that sums up where we are at right now. 3rd place gone, 4th slowly going, and an FA Cup semi that we will probably lose, unless Chelsea actually want it less than us, our only hope I fear. Win this one, and maybe, just maybe we can rescue this abysmal end to our season.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 05:02:50 PM »
Cant believe nobody has posted here yet. Guess that sums up where we are at right now. 3rd place gone, 4th slowly going, and an FA Cup semi that we will probably lose, unless Chelsea actually want it less than us, our only hope I fear. Win this one, and maybe, just maybe we can rescue this abysmal end to our season.

Win this one and our season will be over as all the prima donnas won't want any injuries before they play at Wembley in the final !!!!

Lose this one and moral will drop through the floor and so will our league position !!!!

Either way our season ends sunday night ......... I hate the England team and FA why didn't they just come out and say we want 'Arry and will take him at the end of the season, at least then the players could of played for 'Arry for the last part of the season. Instead it's speculation and rumour players are unsettled don't know what their doing or what 'Arry is doing and the whole season has gone to s**te.

Basically from here on in we are f**ked !!!!

:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:56:05 PM »
Maybe we'll absolutely smash Chelsea. I know it's unlikely, but it would make me feel better about our slump.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 03:55:43 AM »
I think Chelsea will be more up for it than us and go all out, we could get embarassed big time either way I have to agree with UGS !!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 05:02:10 AM »
Sorry guys but Spurs Network has just reached an all time low. For Christ's sake we are in the FA cup semi final against Chelsea on Sunday. I can hardly sleep with excitement and all you miserable sods can do is moan about it.
I still feel a warm glow when i think back to Gazza's semi final Wembley goal. This is why we follow football for games like this. One game away from the cup final lads that what is happening not the end of the world. OK so we have been in a slump recently, that's Spurs, since when were we consistent?
Get over yourselves this is the weekend for optimism and noise not gloom and doom. The least we can do is enjoy it otherwise why bother following a team at all.
Nelson will roll back the years and control the defence. Modric will skip through Chelsea like an overexcited hobbit. Bae will score with a volley from half way. .Come on you miserable bunch get happy. We could win the cup and qualify for the Champions league you know, it could happen. I thought this was a good thing , most of you appear to be near bloody suicidal about it.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 06:39:29 AM »
Sorry guys but Spurs Network has just reached an all time low. For Christ's sake we are in the FA cup semi final against Chelsea on Sunday. I can hardly sleep with excitement and all you miserable sods can do is moan about it.
I still feel a warm glow when i think back to Gazza's semi final Wembley goal. This is why we follow football for games like this. One game away from the cup final lads that what is happening not the end of the world. OK so we have been in a slump recently, that's Spurs, since when were we consistent?
Get over yourselves this is the weekend for optimism and noise not gloom and doom. The least we can do is enjoy it otherwise why bother following a team at all.
Nelson will roll back the years and control the defence. Modric will skip through Chelsea like an overexcited hobbit. Bae will score with a volley from half way. .Come on you miserable bunch get happy. We could win the cup and qualify for the Champions league you know, it could happen. I thought this was a good thing , most of you appear to be near bloody suicidal about it.
Finally someone who is not all gloom and doom. The FA Cup semi-final and still fourth in EPL. Come on, everything is not lost!

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 04:46:10 PM »
Hurray at last anybody would think we are batting to stay above the
relegation zone.
Lets be positive look forward to the FA cup SEMI FINAL and the rest of
the season.

We have the rest of the Summer to discuss the "what ifs", "maybes" and
what should have happened.

Offline Lowestoft Yid

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 05:22:00 PM »
Thought ko was 18:00 , says above its 19:00? would mean i have 1 more hour drinking time  :dance:

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 06:09:04 PM »
Make sure you are in sight of a tv whilst you have your extra couple of sherbets Lowestoft Yid as ko
is 1800 I am sure.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 12:50:56 AM »
It has to be remembered that Chelski have a huge game on Tuesday against Barcelona so who knows what team they will put out. 

Offline Lowestoft Yid

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 08:48:20 AM »
Spurs are on there way to......................... :dance:

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 09:55:35 AM »
Its Sunday night down here, it will be a restless night before getting up at 5am to make some noise and start the celebrations.
As I write this I am looking at one of my prized possessions. A signed, framed photograph of Greaves. Mc Kay Jones etc carrying the FA cup around Wembely having just won the 67 final. We beat Chelsea then and tomorrow [Kiwi time] we will do it again.
If you're going, have fun. I'll say it again, if Nelson gets on the paddock he'll do the business.
Glory glory
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 10:32:05 AM »
Spurs are on there way to......................... :dance:

...... mid table mediocrity !!!!! 

:'(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 10:45:26 AM »
IF.. little word big meaning... we are going to win this game against Chelski, and I'm still not convinced that we will, all and I mean all of our first 11 need to be right on their game. 'Arry also needs to start with Bale and Lennon on both wings and make sure that they stay out there none of this free role crap, chalk on your boots boys (especially Bale). Wembley is a big pitch and using the extra width will pull the Chelski midfield and defence all over the place, creating space for Modric and Van der Vaart, all that needs to happen then is that we actually remember to pack our shooting boots and take our chances !!!

Football is a simple game and I think that with all the speculation and rumour in the last month or so we have forgotten that, earlier in the season we played simple sublime football using the whole width of the pitch and our pace. Unfortunately we seem to of started to think that we need to try and get all technical and clever when what we really need to do is keep it simple and play to our strengths !!

I'm Tottenham till I die and at the moment feel cheated by the FA and England, also I feel 'Arry could of handled things better by just saying if England ask he'll take the job. If he had done this then at least the players and fans would know that come the end of the season he was going and we could plan for it, at the moment it's all up in the air !!

I fear our best season for 40 years has been hi-jacked and is about to fizzle out and die !!!!

:(