Europa League Group A - 15th Sept  - KO 18:00  - Ground: Toumbas Stadium   

« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 08:53:18 PM by Southend_Yid »

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: PAOK v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 09:22:40 PM »
European tour  :up:
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 11:54:53 PM »
Hi!

I'm an 18-year-old Tottenham fan, and generally a BIG english football fan, from Thessaloniki, Greece.

I would really love to be in a match in the same stand with Tottenham fans.

This would be really difficult to happen in England, because of the high economic cost it would require, but Thursday is a great chance for me.. :-[

I know that it would be really difficult for me to be in the stadium with Tottenham fans against paok, but if anyone thinks that he could help me by ANY WAY, I really hope he does... :-[

I am not looking to cause trouble or anything else, and I have stopped drinking alcohol three months ago, so I don't want to come to the stadium to cause troubles, I just want to be on the same stand with Tottenham fans. :spurs:

I want to thank you all for your time, I hope my message won't get deleted and I REALLY HOPE that someone here can help me...

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 11:21:23 PM »
Is kickoff 6pm London time?
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 11:37:16 PM »

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 05:27:56 PM »
Starting Line Up

Cudicini; Walker, Bassong, Corluka, Townsend; Falque, Carroll, Livermore, Giovani; Kane, Pavlyuchenko.

Subs: Gomes, Jake Nicholson, Dean Parrett, Jack Barthram, Alex Pritchard, Ryan Fredericks, Kevin Stewart.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 05:34:48 PM »
Not sure about Carroll. Should be fine everywhere else. Like what I've seen and heard about Pritchard, though. I would prefer that he played ahead of Carroll. Read something about a minimum two year tenure with the club before Coulibaly can participate in these competitions. Is that so? Anybody know the rule?
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
Re: PAOK 0-0 Tottenham
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 08:53:41 PM »
Much-changed Tottenham got their Europa League group campaign underway earning a spirited point at PAOK Salonika.
Spurs debutant Iago Falque had an early side-footed shot from 18 yards cleared off the line by Pablo Garcia.
Tottenham were denied a spot kick when Harry Kane was brought down and soon after PAOK defender Lino sent a retaken penalty wide of Carlo Cudicini's goal.
Cudicini later produced a double save before Vladimir Ivic headed against the crossbar in the last minute.
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp made 10 changes to his line-up for the clash in Thessaloniki but despite the unfamiliar line-up his side made a lively start to the game.
Redknapp handed a debut to Falque and the youngster almost got Spurs off to a flying start.
His shot from the edge of the area was cleared off the line by Garcia following Jake Livermore's surging right-wing run.
It took the hosts a while to settle into the game with Vieirinha their most lively attacking threat, but by and large it was Tottenham who controlled the opening 45 minutes.
Forward Kane was proving a handful for the PAOK defence and after heading straight at goalkeeper Dario Kresic he was later denied a clear penalty.
His powerful run into the box was halted by Pablo Contreras but the referee booked the 18-year-old for diving rather than award a spot kick.
The decision incensed Redknapp who moments later was left cursing that decision after Cudicini brought down Stefanos Athanasiadis to hand the home side a penalty they barely deserved.
The initial spot kick was scored by Lino, but he was forced to take it again with PAOK penalised for encroachment into the box.
And much to the relief of Cudicini and Spurs his second attempt was sent wide of the Italian keeper's left-hand post and the score remained level.
Spurs had chances as the half came to a close with Roman Pavlyuchenko firing a 20-yard free-kick inches too high of Dario Kresic's goal.
Falque was desperately unlucky at the start of the second period not to see his curling left-foot 20-yard shot find the back of the net following good strength by Pavlyuchenko as Tottenham remained the most likely side to break the deadlock.
Unsurprisingly considering the searing heat in Greece, Tottenham's play noticeably slowed while their passing became slightly erratic and the hosts started to come into the game.
Athanasiadis came desperately close to getting the first goal of the game, but he blazed over on the stretch from six yards following Dimitris Salpingidis's driven low cross.
As the game moved into the final stages Tottenham continued to plug away, driven on by the superb Livermore and lively Falque while Kyle Walker proved a useful outlet on the right.
Garcia went close for the hosts with 15 minutes remaining dragging his shot wide following an enterprising run  on the right.
Tottenham were then in debt to keeper Cudicini for a superb double save, first from Ivic and then from Athanasiadis.
And then in the last minute Vieirinha again forced a brilliant reaction stop from Cudicini from a tight angle before Ivic headed against the crossbar.
But despite the late drama Tottenham held on for a deserved point.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 09:00:10 AM »
Unbelievably disappointing result. Really shows that our management doesn't give a s**t about this competition.  >:(

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 02:29:08 PM »
o
Unbelievably disappointing result. Really shows that our management doesn't give a s**t about this competition.  >:(
On the contrary I thought that this was a great result effectively our 3rd team has got a extremely credable result in a very hostile and difficult arena, leaving the first team to rest and prepare for the match against Liverpool this weekend. I would like to give some credit to our management and coaching staff who have obviously worked very hard with this bunch of players and the club will reap the rewards in the seasons to come. The players will have gained great experience and confidence after last night which is what is needed especially if they are to make the first team !!!!
If Man Ure, Chelski or the Scum had gone away with a second or third string side in a European competition and done the same everybody would be singing their praises of how their squad has so much depth and promise.
Its time to wake up and smell what your shovelling 'Arry is doing a great job and obviously his management style is embelishing the whole club the last two and a half seasons have been the best I can remember for quite sometime. Yes we had a low point at the end of last season but all teams have hiccups in their development...... bring on Liverpool and let's see how we do against them with a rested first team !!!!!!!!

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 06:06:42 PM »
Seems like DS isn't really giving it his all.