Barclays Premier League - 18th sept  - KO 13:30  - Ground: White Hart Lane

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:46:53 PM by Biggs »

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Tottenham v Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 04:57:39 PM »
God I hate these bindippers.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 05:12:06 AM »
Liverpool's Glen Johnson has suffered a recurrence of his hamstring injury and misses out.
Steven Gerrard is unlikely to be risked for this game and is instead expected to play against Brighton in the Carling Cup in midweek.
Tottenham's Rafael van der Vaart has a chance of retruning from injury, but William Gallas and Aaron Lennon are doubts.
Ledley King faces a late fitness test, but Michael Dawson is definitely out.
All the ingredients are here for a really good game and I'm not expecting Totttenham's midweek match in the fevered atmosphere of PAOK Salonica's Toumba Stadium in Greece to have a bearing either. Harry Redknapp made so many changes in sending out a side with an average age of just 23 that the only one possibly feeling a bit tired might be Harry himself!
Liverpool in contrast, had a free week and it seems odd and unusual to kick off European competition in earnest without them being there. They'll be back on the continental stage sooner rather than later though I'm sure and have made a promising start to the season despite being stopped in their tracks by Stoke at the Britannia last week.
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish was so frustrated with the performance of referee Mark Clattenburg last Saturday that he met referees' chief Mike Riley on Monday to discuss a number of issues he had. He may not feel Liverpool have had any luck but his side have made a strong start to the season regardless.
Tottenham finally got their season up and running properly last week with a 2-0 win at Wolves. Having Ledley King back in the centre of defence made all the difference to Harry Redknapp's side and with a host of players emerging from the treatment room, and the Luka Modric transfer fiasco becoming a distant memory, a bit of optimism has returned after their maulings at the hands of both Manchester clubs.
They have enjoyed welcoming Liverpool to White Hart Lane in recent years and have won the last three matches against the Reds there by the same scoreline, 2-1.
Incidentally, one of the quirkier stats around this fixture is that Jamie Carragher has scored three own goals against Tottenham, as many league goals as he has scored for Liverpool in his entire career. Not something he'd care to dwell on I'm sure!

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 03:47:29 PM »
Well that was pretty good 4-0 think 'Arry probably got the tactics and formation just about right then, nice football good result all round great performance.

Time to call for his head then LOL !!!!

:P
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 06:26:40 PM »
Just what we needed.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 07:42:57 PM »
4-0?

What a homecoming present! :up:

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline DstarJ

Re: Tottenham 4-0 Liverpool
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 07:32:34 PM »
what a results , class performance from the lillywhites! keep it up and we will have a great season , YIIDDARRMMMYYYYY