SpursNetwork

Tottenham 0-0 West Ham

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Tottenham v West Ham
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2011, 06:35:28 PM »
Willsy.... youre 1st paragraph is so epically 'Ugsesque' I'm not even going to take it beyond its rich comedic value..... so a player like Defoe gets injured but is STILL to blame for not scoring in matvhes that he doesnt even play in..... utterly priceless  :D

the Vaart walking off thing - I really dont think its important enough to comment further on... he is a waste of space in the vast majority of games he has played in..... even Andy Carroll was lucky enough to benefit from scoring many goals in a short-term period.... neither Vaart nor Carroll will see winning state-lottery tickets in their hands again....

the season is now over.... lets just be entertained (in a purely academic sense) by the 2 RM games and remaining Prem games to come, as the inevitable now unfolds..

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, 06:39:35 PM »
ASF - not about being terrified of the fans at all.... but it is a factor with Arry picking Vaart alot...

lose the game with Vaart starting and the fans will be upset but soon forget.... lise a match without Vaart (if fit) and its far more serious for everyone's favourite messiah.....just ask a certain Hossam Ghaly...

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, 07:39:36 PM »
As usual, whenever you're presented with the compelling alternative viewpoint that you've asked for, you take your ball and go home. It's no longer worth commenting on, or just too funny for words.

My statements weren't nearly ridiculous as your 2 goals in 2 games claim. 2 goals in one game over the course of a season from our supposed number one threat?! Those are David Bentley numbers - not Jermain Defoe numbers. Then he has the audacity to imply that he has somehow been disrespected in the recent squad selection and that he's ready to go if it doesn't change. Ok, Jermain here's your big chance now take us home and put your money where your mouth is - I see you've got your shirt ready for the big "in your face" moment...

Goose egg! Big fat humiliating goose egg...against West Ham....at home....served up on a platter.....no excuse.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, 07:43:46 PM »
Nice game but so many lost attemps :( 19 Mar 2011 Tottenham 0-0 West Ham for mobile GL Spurs in next matches!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:45:39 PM by Twinsen »

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2011, 09:29:48 PM »
Defoe's mind wasnt on it today.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp defended Jermain Defoe's poor performance in the 0-0 draw with West Ham, revealing that the striker had been affected by the death of one of his grandparents last night.
"Jermain was up half the night due to a family bereavement,'' Redknapp said. "I wasn't sure whether to play him but he wanted to. He had some good chances today, the little fella, and he normally scores them but it was just one of those days. It wasn't through a lack of effort.
"He was bright, he was sharp he just couldn't score but that's football. That's how it goes, another day he'll go and bang a couple in. The two goals he got at Wolves, he had no right to score them. They weren't even half chances.''
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 01:24:16 AM »
Willsy....

1) if a player is injured badly, he cannot play.... if he cannot play, he cannot score goals..

2) please refer to point (1)

I know youre from the United States and all, but this is really getting ridiculous... :uglystupid2:

Tell me how many games he was out with injury then! I'm not counting the games where he was banned cuz that's his own damn fault  -- just the games he was injured. Unless his games missed due to injury is around THIRTY -- he hasn't scored nearly enough.

And not for nothin' -- but that United States crap has got to stop. Keep it outta your mouth jackhole.
I try to be really diplomatic - even friendly - with you. Why do you insist on making it personal?
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2011, 07:02:41 AM »
Willsy....

1) if a player is injured badly, he cannot play.... if he cannot play, he cannot score goals..

I know youre from the United States and all, but this is really getting ridiculous... :uglystupid2:

He makes such a valuable contribution to this forum. Shocked that there isn't more traffic here with posters of Gareth Keown's intellectual caliber.

I think someone in response to Gareth Keown on one of the other forums he trolls said it best:

"Gareth Keown, YOU are irrelevant.

you obviously dont like dealing with FACTS...

And also a hypocrite. You have been faced with tens upon tens of bare faced FACTS, yet have chosen to completely ignore them and continue blindly on with your crusades.

At very best, there are traces of reason to a scant few of the things you say, yet you simply refuse to meet, or acknowledge, any un-arguable points thrown your way.

I'm all for a debate, but not when the person in question uses vague buzzword phrases, and diversionary tactics as the FULCRUM (remember that word ?) of his arguments."

There's no point in trying to be nice with a pathetic forum troll. I've tried, but he's a c*nt. He'll always be a c*nt and he's probably going to die without ever seeing a c*nt.

By the way, this is a pretty entertaining read. I'm sure they don't want me posting links to another forum on here, but let me know if you want the link to a few pages of people showing him what a complete and utter twat he is.

"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2011, 09:29:24 AM »
calm down ladies, this is all getting abit too passionate now on your parts...

Defoe was injured for around 2.5 months just at the time when Vaart joined.... in Defoe's absence Vaart had a lucky scoring streak, hugely benefiting from tap-ins mainly from Crouch's hard work in drawing BOTH CBs away thus creatingf the space for someone else..... something Vaart is yet to do in his 4 months here...

after Vaart quickly cemented his hype with the Spurs 'experts' it became very hard for Arry to drop him when fit.... even tho Arry knew/knows that it causes us to play well only with Crouch paired with him, causing us to play in a set way (longball) with little or no variation...

THAT'S WHY both Defoe and Pav are fed up at being 2nd choice to an inferior forward player who spends most his time lazily hiding in deep-midfield, only finallly emerge rarely upfront when others have done all the work and created the space for him.... abit like the bosses son turning up to work after lunch at 2.55pm (5mins before the boss returns from his business trip)....

now that the lucky scoring streak has stopped, as they always do..... Spurs will carry on as a mid-table team until the situation is rectified...

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2011, 11:01:33 AM »
Willsy....

He makes such a valuable contribution to this forum. Shocked that there isn't more traffic here with posters of Gareth Keown's intellectual caliber.

I think someone in response to Gareth Keown on one of the other forums he trolls said it best:

"Gareth Keown, YOU are irrelevant.

you obviously dont like dealing with FACTS...

And also a hypocrite. You have been faced with tens upon tens of bare faced FACTS, yet have chosen to completely ignore them and continue blindly on with your crusades.

At very best, there are traces of reason to a scant few of the things you say, yet you simply refuse to meet, or acknowledge, any un-arguable points thrown your way.

I'm all for a debate, but not when the person in question uses vague buzzword phrases, and diversionary tactics as the FULCRUM (remember that word ?) of his arguments."

There's no point in trying to be nice with a pathetic forum troll. I've tried, but he's a c*nt. He'll always be a c*nt and he's probably going to die without ever seeing a c*nt.

By the way, this is a pretty entertaining read. I'm sure they don't want me posting links to another forum on here, but let me know if you want the link to a few pages of people showing him what a complete and utter twat he is.

Cheers for the link but I have seen this assessment of Gareth clowns contribution to a sister forum a while back. It seems we are not alone in thinking he is an utter fool with the i.q of a potato chip. Dont let him rile you, especially with his comments about your nationality. This is a tactic his has deployed before and I am sure he has bee reprimanded by admin because of it. I welcome you and your fellow compatriot's contributions to the forum immensely and take great satisfaction to think that our club is held in such high regard by dedicated fans across the world who take time to analyse and discuss the current plight of Tottenham Hotspur football club with likeminded people. Gareth you are pathetic. When faced with valid counter-argument you either ignore the post or reply with irrelevant points or a reply laced with personal criticisms.
You are becoming tiresome dear boy. Can you not come up with something new???

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2011, 11:27:54 AM »
Another thread thats way off topic, surprise surprise !!

8D
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2011, 11:29:30 AM »
exactly Ugsy.... try sticking to the topic ie. yesterday's game..... rather than making this, yet again, all about ME  :coolsmiley:

valid counter-argument  =  Defoe is to blame for not scoring in the majority of last 34 Spurs that he HASNT played in.... :lol:

thank God you at least have Obama to even things up over there.... amen.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 11:32:32 AM by Gareth Keown »

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2011, 02:01:12 PM »
I'll answer my own question then about JD's Premier League productivity:

Defoe --> 2 Goals / 2 Assists in 15 appearances (12 Starts / 3 Sub) -- admittedly not as bad as I thought
Crouch --> 2 Goals / 7 Assists in 26 appearances (15 Starts / 11 Sub)
Pav --> 7 Goals / 2 Assists in 22 appearances (12 Starts / 10 Sub)
Vaart --> 10 Goals / 6 Assists in 20 appearances (20 Starts)

Crouch has actually been more ineffective as a goalscorer than Defoe in the Premier League but he has helped to create chances (almost entirely for Rafa), and he has scored important goals in the Champions League. The thing that jumps out at me, though, is the fact that van der Vaart has only played 5 more games than Defoe but has 8 more goals.

Yesterday, really bothered me because it was a must-win game and Defoe was given a golden opportunity to get us those three points. As pointed out in another thread we set a league record yesterday with 33 attempts on goal without a score -- and unfortunately Defoe was the trigger man on the majority of those attempts. Couple that with his recent comments to the press and the obvious goal celebration in wait that never happened....Let's just say it wasn't a career highlight for Mr. Defoe.

On top of that, the guy is one of my favorite players. I really wanted him to do well and he let me down. I've said it over and over again. No he's not to blame for an entire season, but our strikers have been a serious issue (obviously) and he's our best guy. So what does that say? I think my feelings are entirely valid.

Having said all that, I feel like a little bit of a douche because the man lost a grandparent over the weekend -- so my heart goes out to him and his family. For what it's worth, my wife lost a grandparent last night too. That's the truth.

No need for the personal stuff as a means to defend your perspective Gareth. I am choosing the Ignore button from here on out, however.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »
But before I go, I just want to dedicate this to you Gareth Keown...I imagine that's you at 1:10

The Creep (feat. Nicki Minaj & John Waters)