SpursNetwork

Wolves 3-3 Tottenham

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Wolves v Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 06:20:32 PM »
dAWSON-gALLAS ALWAYS LEAVES ME HAVING KITTENS.... POSITIONALLY, THEY ARE ATTROCIOUS AND ALWAYS END UP HAVING TO MAKE LAST-DITCH TACKLES..

thats if they manage to get close enough... Bale only came on to pose with the ball...

this result feels much worse than the Blackpool game (where we played well)...

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2011, 08:14:56 PM »
dAWSON-gALLAS ALWAYS LEAVES ME HAVING KITTENS.... POSITIONALLY, THEY ARE ATTROCIOUS AND ALWAYS END UP HAVING TO MAKE LAST-DITCH TACKLES..

thats if they manage to get close enough... Bale only came on to pose with the ball...

So you are not all mr positive after all :) Are you still so sure we do not need to strengthen?
Maybe next year...

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 08:44:52 PM »

Yea, Bale was completely ineffective when he came on! You'd think after all that rest he got while injured he'd do more than run past all their players and create harder-to-miss-than-score opportunities!

I say we sell Bale immediately and bring in someone who takes their time approaching defenders and passes backwards more.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 09:23:18 PM »

Yea, Bale was completely ineffective when he came on! You'd think after all that rest he got while injured he'd do more than run past all their players and create harder-to-miss-than-score opportunities!

I say we sell Bale immediately and bring in someone who takes their time approaching defenders and passes backwards more.

:ohyeah: :ohyeah: :ohyeah:

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 10:07:52 PM »
I must have missed something, who exactly did Bale pass to for a tap-in ??.... all I saw was casual tracking back and assisting the RB, and a few 'shrosses' that ended up dribbling into nowhere (even when he was given a 2nd bite of the cherry once)..

from a pure footballing point of view the best moment was in the 47th minute when Jenas burst into space by timing his run beautifully before setting up Pav for the 3rd goal..... he made 2 other similar bursts that set up chances.... as well as defend very well for the full 90mins WITHOUT RUNNING OUT OF STEAM (yes, I'm looking at you Modric, you fine-boned, pert-arsed primadonna)...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:20:44 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 10:48:44 PM »
I must have missed something, who exactly did Bale pass to for a tap-in ??.... all I saw was casual tracking back and assisting the RB, and a few 'shrosses' that ended up dribbling into nowhere (even when he was given a 2nd bite of the cherry once)..

from a pure footballing point of view the best moment was in the 47th minute when Jenas burst into space by timing his run beautifully before setting up Pav for the 3rd goal..... he made 2 other similar bursts that set up chances.... as well as defend very well for the full 90mins WITHOUT RUNNING OUT OF STEAM (yes, I'm looking at you Modric, you fine-boned, pert-arsed primadonna)...

I actually thought you were being sarcastic. You didn't see when he first came on and ran down the right side, cut the ball in and about 4 of our players had a chance to tap it in and it all fell apart?
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 11:58:54 PM »
He was too busy gazing at the pertness of modrics bum.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 10:56:04 AM »
He was too busy gazing at the pertness of modrics bum.

that may well be why Bale misplaced such an easy pass, so that nobody could get to it to finish the move..
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:24:10 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 01:01:32 PM »
Can someone explain to me why Bale & Lennon did not swap roles when they were on together? And does anyone else think that our recent "success" has gone to Gomes head a little? He's been nutty lately. Very strange decisions at times.

Was thrilled to see Defoe get started and thought that he was primed to explode before he got clipped. Unlucky that he hit the post. I also appreciated how quickly Harry got Pavlyuchenko off when he lazily gave the ball away in our own half. Hutton looked uncomfortable to me. Jarvis is a good player, but what does it say about our RB when I find myself cringing everytime he's asked to defend? Sandro was solid again, though.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2011, 01:16:27 PM »
I was not very pleased with Hutton's performance. I'm not even talking about him being responsible for the penalty. Opposing players seem to just glide straight past Hutton. He's always chasing after them.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2011, 01:30:30 PM »
lets not forget it was Hutton's 1st game back for awhile.... maybe abit rusty..

also... and I doubt many noticed... but cos the LM was not tracking back to assist the LB, the leftside-CB had to play very wide to help BAE when they attacked down that flank.... this in turn would have pulled the other CB leftwards too, leaving the RB with acres of space to cover... as shown graphically in Dawson's position (as a 2nd LB) when the ball is played in for the penalty leading to their 2nd goal..

Hutton also has been asked to attack on his flank far more than BAE on his.... so he gets forward and has to recover position too, on top of the problem I highlighted above
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 01:35:24 PM by Gareth Keown »