van der Varrt 23' 68'

Barclays Premier League - 26th Dec 2010 - KO 17:30 - Ground: Villa Park

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 08:03:19 PM by Glenn R »

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Aston Villa v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 01:01:33 PM »
Going to be a long holiday period without football if this weather stays the same. Might even have to have conversations with my other half and the in-laws......ouch.

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 03:12:44 PM »
Anybody for a 4-4 draw?

Hopefully not...any kind of win will do me!

I remember the game there last season....we battered them for 90+ minutes and only came away with a 1-1 draw....think it was Dawson that got the goal for us...Villa are not doing to well atm but they have only lost 1 at home so far.

Its a game i am looking forward too, as two of my mates(there brothers) are Aston Villa supporters....hopefully we can come out on top as i couldn't listen to them if we lose.
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 05:51:19 PM »
Anybody for a 4-4 draw?

I remember the game there last season....we battered them for 90+ minutes and only came away with a 1-1 draw....think it was Dawson that got the goal for us...Villa are not doing to well atm but they have only lost 1 at home so far.

Its a game i am looking forward too, as two of my mates(there brothers) are Aston Villa supporters....hopefully we can come out on top as i couldn't listen to them if we lose.

Yeah i remember that game last season, some of there defending and blocks they made that day was quality.

I think we can get a result here e this time though, touch wood it's not called off.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 06:14:27 PM »
Anybody for a 4-4 draw?

isn't that what every single post on this thread, and every other single pre-match thread, on this and every other forum, normally boils down to ??...

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 06:33:10 PM »
3 points needed no less if we want to keep in touch with the top 4!

Villa Park not an easy place, treat them like champions and we shuld coem away with the points, thats if the snow fecks off!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 07:19:46 PM »
Anybody for a 4-4 draw?

isn't that what every single post on this thread, and every other single pre-match thread, on this and every other forum, normally boils down to ??...

Unless you want Ars*nal to beat Spurs which you famously said or something along them lines...

Sorry.... i forgot...you are an Ars*nal fan!!
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 07:29:35 AM »
Spurs win 2-0.

Happy Xmas Yids

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 07:17:36 PM »
"Tottenham should welcome back Rafael van der Vaart (hamstring), Jermaine Jenas (calf), and Younes Kaboul (hip) for Sunday's match at Aston Villa."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1341118/Aston-Villa-v-TOTTENHAM-Rafael-van-der-Vaart-Jermaine-Jenas-Younes-Kaboul-Spurs.html#ixzz18xpeRJKf
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 01:09:30 PM »
and I will welcome back Jenas and Kaboul..... Vaart can take an extended Xmas vacation til mid-January..

to ensure he gets over his injury fully, you understand  :santa_azn:

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 05:44:19 AM »
Aston Villa captain Ashley Young is a doubt for Boxing Day because of knee and ankle injuries.
Stiliyan Petrov and Fabian Delph are back in full training after lengthy lay-offs and have an outside chance of being involved.
Tottenham's Jermaine Jenas, Younes Kaboul and Rafael van der Vaart are all expected to return after injury.
William Gallas faces a fitness test on his hamstring problem, but Ledley King is still not yet fully fit.

Christmas cheer has been thin on the ground at Villa Park as manager Gerard Houllier continues to battle behind the scenes with dressing room unrest. January could prove to be an interesting month as he begins to overhaul a squad that is riddled with players with huge question marks hanging over their futures.

Like many managers in the new year he will be relying on chairman Randy Lerner to dig deep to provide funds for the January transfer window. But Houllier could be forgiven for having his concerns given the American's recent parsimonious nature when it comes to spending.
Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner says Lerner is as "dedicated as ever" to see the club succeed, yet players may be sold before replacements can be brought in.
Harry Redknapp, on the other hand, has been backed to the hilt by his chairman Daniel Levy and has a squad to rival any in the top flight. He may fight claims of being a wheeler dealer, but his crafty last-gasp capture of Rafael van der Vaart at the end of the August transfer window has so far proven to be the signing of the season.
Villa felt the full force of the Dutch dynamo when his brace gave Spurs a 2-1 victory in the reverse fixture in October. That win kept up the Londoners' recent hoodoo over their Midlands rivals and also maintained Redknapp's ability to nick three points against the Villans - he hasn't lost a league game against them now for over four-and-a-half years.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2010, 09:26:16 AM »
Aston Villa captain Ashley Young is a doubt for Boxing Day because of knee and ankle injuries.
Stiliyan Petrov and Fabian Delph are back in full training after lengthy lay-offs and have an outside chance of being involved.
Tottenham's Jermaine Jenas, Younes Kaboul and Rafael van der Vaart are all expected to return after injury.
William Gallas faces a fitness test on his hamstring problem, but Ledley King is still not yet fully fit.

Christmas cheer has been thin on the ground at Villa Park as manager Gerard Houllier continues to battle behind the scenes with dressing room unrest. January could prove to be an interesting month as he begins to overhaul a squad that is riddled with players with huge question marks hanging over their futures.

Like many managers in the new year he will be relying on chairman Randy Lerner to dig deep to provide funds for the January transfer window. But Houllier could be forgiven for having his concerns given the American's recent parsimonious nature when it comes to spending.
Villa chief executive Paul Faulkner says Lerner is as "dedicated as ever" to see the club succeed, yet players may be sold before replacements can be brought in.
Harry Redknapp, on the other hand, has been backed to the hilt by his chairman Daniel Levy and has a squad to rival any in the top flight. He may fight claims of being a wheeler dealer, but his crafty last-gasp capture of Rafael van der Vaart at the end of the August transfer window has so far proven to be the signing of the season.
Villa felt the full force of the Dutch dynamo when his brace gave Spurs a 2-1 victory in the reverse fixture in October. That win kept up the Londoners' recent hoodoo over their Midlands rivals and also maintained Redknapp's ability to nick three points against the Villans - he hasn't lost a league game against them now for over four-and-a-half years.
Ledley is still hungover from this year's christmas party...

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2010, 11:15:55 AM »
We can win this one and we need to to keep in with the pack. We went there last year played so much better than them for 90 minutes to come away with just a draw. Hopefully VDV and Defoe partnership settles quickly and with us having players back we have more options than them because they have a few injuries. I reckon this will be a cracker. YID ARMY

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2010, 12:15:20 PM »
think this is going to be a tight affair as its never easy to win at the villa even if its our best chance in a long time .

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2010, 03:25:10 PM »
We can win this one and we need to to keep in with the pack. We went there last year played so much better than them for 90 minutes to come away with just a draw. Hopefully VDV and Defoe partnership settles quickly and with us having players back we have more options than them because they have a few injuries. I reckon this will be a cracker. YID ARMY
:santa_grin: :santa_grin: :santa_grin: