SpursNetwork

Tottenham 2-1 Liverpool

Offline OL'BOLTY

Re: Tottenham v Liverpool
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 06:29:42 PM »
[size=78%]the luck has FINALLY balanced out over the season to date..... the bad luck of the Wigan, Sunderland and even ManUre games (to mind) have been erased now by the good fortune against Liverpool today, Ars*nal last week and other games when we were behind eg. Villa...[/size]

Liverpool were surprisingly the far better side on the day[size=78%], and Woy is a great manager to have the guts to change the system to 4-4-2 and stick to it after the Citeh game he 1st played it... they will be up there with Citeh for Top4 now...[/size]

[size=78%]tho vdV has scored useful goals for us, Defoe is the better option still.... Defoe will now get a series of games without looking over his shoulder...[/size]

[size=78%]make Bale the permo penalty-taker..... despite last week's miss..... and get a counter-attacking striker after Xmas ffs !![/size]

[size=78%]Obviously NOT the game I was watching then......[/size]
EL PRESIDENTE

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Tottenham 2-1 Liverpool
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 09:37:43 PM »
But Gareth, I thought you said we were definitely selling Bale.

I think that VDV should always be the penalty taker when he's playing. If Pav is on and VDV isn't, I think it should be Pav. If neither of the two are on (and we'll assume Keane isn't playing) it might as well be Gomes taking it. By that I mean I think it's hit or miss for whoever takes it.

Speaking of VDV, does anyone know the extent of his injury? I know every game PL game is really important now, but I think he needs to be rested. If he's going to be out for a long time because he started today and was subbed so early it will be really unfortunate.

"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 09:49:41 PM »
Arry said on Bale 'if someone bids crazy money, we'll have to look at it'.... thats what I said a month earlier to that...

vdV is gonna be out for a while.... I'm not sure he's ideal anyway as we still lack a powerful, pacy striker to use him behind... maybe January will bring such a player.... Defoe back is better for the current situation

glad we got a win against the most cynical, boring football team of the last 3-4yrs in the Prem.... Carragher and Gerrard (and even Torres) are the biggest fouling, simulating trio in the English game.... Carragher makes Terry look respectable (almost)... glad we stuck it to them in the 92nd minute.... loved Reina jump in agony after the ball crossed the line...

Liverpool have deserved many a loss during the negative, timewasting, boring yrs, but Torres so many times got their fat outta the fire.... today was sweet justice

« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 09:51:16 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 11:09:35 PM »
Just got back from the pub smashed, i went absolutely mental when we won, i mean f**k it its a great result and its 3 points but we didnt play well though at all, i went f**kin mental when lennon scored!!!!!!!! Get In!!!! YID ARMY!

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 01:09:52 AM »
Wilson did okay 2nd half and i think Harry told him to not spray passes too much. Just play simple passes.

Modders was class and he turned up even with 3 people marking him!
Lennon is making them pay since they only thought about Bale's pace and never thought about his! and they payed for it!

All in all im abit disgusted with some fans sarcastic cheers at SgtWilson during the 1st half! Come on! He didnt play for quite a long time give him a break! I dont like his current form but atleast i didnt be mean to our players.

Im worried about our back 4. Only Gallas and Bassong fit CB's. Gallas turned in another great performance. Bae and Hutton was awesome although Bae should be concentrating more. He almost cost us 1 goal for his dallying.

But this match shows why we took 4th ours and not theirs!! Up their arse !!! KOP DOWN COYS UP!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 02:36:12 PM »
The last week has proved in my opinion that we have moved up to the next level something that has eluded us for a couple of years and something that hopefully will allow us to continue our recent good form. We have not played well and managed to secure wins a trate that is levelled at teams deemed to be 'top teams', we have also managed to turn games around after going behind another trate aimed at 'top teams'. We now need to ensure that next saturday against the Brum Blue Noses we continue this good form, the only concern that I have is the amount of injuries we seem to be picking up, but at least the players that are coming in are performing.

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 07:19:08 PM »
great win over the scousers