SpursNetwork

Bolton 4-2 Tottenham

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Bolton 4-2 Tottenham
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 03:42:42 PM »
Very disappointing. From Heroes to zeros. Great goals from Hutton and Pavlyuchenko, other. Other players should have stayed in London.

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 03:49:34 PM »
embarrassing cant believe it thrash inter loose to bolton terrible result terrible performance only tried when 3-0 down should be ashamed and to make it worse bolton have gone above us  :-[

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2010, 04:45:13 PM »
It's looking like we'll have to win the Champions League if we want to be there next season.

I've tried to defend Crouch because it's so easy to pick on him when results don't go our way, but I think he was dreadful against Inter (I know he scored) and he was dreadful today.

Very frustrating result. To be honest I think Bolton is probably the worst team for us to play right after beating Inter. We would have been better off playing Chelsea.

I was a bit baffled by the squad selection. Palacios and Sandro together in midfield does not seem like it would ever fit our style of play.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 05:13:30 PM »
^^Agree with you mate, the squad selection was a mess. Crouch is f**king useless, terrible shot, no eye for goal, poor in the air for his height, weak, cant tackle. VDV, Lennon, Bale carry him and set up his goals on a plate. He is poor as a lone striker, Pav should start, hes scores great goals and is on form. I dont see why Harry has to go with his 'favourites' constantly. Palacios was awful, he gave the ball away so much it was embarrassing. We need better quality in January, get the Champions League money out and spend it.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2010, 07:08:46 PM »
This will sound petty, but I'm especially disappointed because after over a year going on about the Spurs to my disinterested family they finally showed an interest in watching the game this morning. It was broadcast in HD on ESPN2 here in the states at 8:30a and the coverage was excellent. There was a lot of pregame buzz about Gareth Bale and the London team on the rise who shocked Inter.

...and this was the result the club produced. My family was kinda like "Oooookay. Hmm, not sure I get it. How 'bout those Miami Heat?"
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2010, 07:12:39 PM »
Wilson, thats typical Spurs mate they will always let you down. On top of the world one day then put firmly back down to earth the next. Shame because it would have topped off a great week.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2010, 09:20:58 PM »
bet Jenas had a nice old smirk as the final whistle was blown...

whats worse than Modric as a CM in a midfield-4 ??.... Modric as a 2nd striker  :P

Chong Yung Lee is the fitter, quicker, stronger, more effective version of  Modric..... only 10m cheaper..

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 09:40:26 AM »
apart from hutton, modric was one of our few better players yesterday making your petty little arguments completely unfounded so piss off gareth....... no-ones interested you clown.

On another note..... what has pav got to do to start?, crouch yet again was woeful.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2010, 01:12:47 PM »
apart from hutton, modric was one of our few better players yesterday making your petty little arguments completely unfounded so piss off gareth....... no-ones interested you clown.

On another note..... what has pav got to do to start?, crouch yet again was woeful.

don't worry dear.... I think he might be doing just that soon enough...

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 02:36:34 PM »
Dont feed into Gareths comments, he is not a Spurs fan, he is a dirty gooner/hammer/chav! God knows which one but he aint Spurs thats for sure, and doesnt know a thing about football to top it off.

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2010, 09:51:59 PM »
Bolton played to their strengths and we didnt.

Always a problem when you move one or two around but taking the game as a whole i would say we had some reasonable chances that just didnt go our way (Sandro, Gallas, Crouch) on another day we could have sneaked it but our current defence looks really dodgy.

As most have said ^^^^ it's what following Spurs is all about. Hopefully we can throw a few wins together shortly otherwise the top 4 is gone. Even wanted the russians to win today just to keep the bin dippers off the pace but even they are back in the mix now.

Feel for you Wilson, your family just probably think you are crazy now so watch out for them getting you put in an institution!

Offline jaymeariel

• Yid till I die
  • Hero: VDVaart at the moment, all time Ginola
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2010, 03:55:08 PM »
After Bolton Gallas, Sandro, Palacios, Krancjar and Crouch shouldnt play he needs to make an example of players to stop these performances from happening

Bring in Huddlestone, Bassong, Bentley, Giovani and Pav against Sunderland and go back to 442

Gomes, Hutton, Bassong, Kaboul, Ekotto, Bentley, Hudd, Modric, Bale, Gio, Pav
JayJay

Offline dinospurs

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2010, 05:09:13 PM »
Thought Saturday might be different this time but its the same pattern after a mid week game