SpursNetwork

Man Utd 2-0 Tottenham

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
Re: Man Utd 2-0 Tottenham
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2010, 08:35:11 PM »
All of our anguish is totally justified BUT did the Ref blow his whistle before Gomes put the ball on the ground???? If not, despite the obvious hand ball, then surely the ball is still live??? as only the ref can stop play.
The real issue is what the linesman was flagging for. If it was  hand ball then surely the goal should have been disallowed.
Of equal concern is that the first two tackles by our centre backs earn yellows and yet United can commit far more blatant fouls and no card is brandished. By booking our two centre backs early in the game the ref took the teeth out of our defence.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2010, 08:36:29 PM »
The only thing topping myself about that decision is the fact we were never looking like getting the draw.

Doesnt stop it being just a joke of a decision.

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2010, 08:38:04 PM »
Oh and Jenas was poor. Kabouls challange that led to the first goal was never a free kick.
BUT we did lack the precision of Utd and sometimes we got a little lost as we approached their penalty box.
Thought Keane did OK though.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2010, 09:04:17 PM »
Jenas was poor. United really didn't play that well today. I think they just took their chance. I say chance because I do not know how to refer to the second goal yet.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2010, 09:10:27 PM »
@JohnLaceysDiscopant - thank you for mentioning that bit about Scholes. I noticed that as well. I hate the way Manure take such liberties with the game.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2010, 09:12:23 PM »
ManUre looked far more dangerous in the final 3rd than us. Our build up play was good tonight though.

We where just lacking big time up front... other than the vdv shot that hit the post, we basically didn't have any other chances...and that's just not good enough.

I have no idea what's wrong with Lennon, it's taking him forever to find his form, it's like we have been playing with 10 men when Lennon has been in the team of late, basically does nothing.

I can't remember the last time i seen him take someone on and deliver a good ball into the box.

One stage last season before he got injured, he was our best player by far at the time, looks like a totally different player at the moment

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2010, 09:15:46 PM »
I agree Biggs about Lennon. The strange thing is that Lennon was our star before he got injured. We were relying oh Lennon back then (and he was delivering) like we're relying on Bale now. Imagine if they could both be as threatening... Before his injury it was Lennon they were talking about us having a struggle to hold on with the way he was playing. Maybe it's a confidence issue with him? Who knows. If we had him playing at his best and could move the ball (and do it well in Lennon's case) on the left and the right with that much pace, we would be so much more effective.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2010, 09:34:29 PM »
Im still confused to what happened for the second goal!

Was a free-kick awarded to us for Nani's handball or was it play on?
COYS!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2010, 10:44:37 PM »
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!

Why is it always the bloody same at Old Trafford why why why !!!

We never ever get a desicion and theres always some monumental cock up, we played resonably well tonight and I'm not saying we deserved to win but for f**ks sake !!!!

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2010, 12:12:01 AM »

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2010, 08:44:12 AM »
Oh and Jenas was poor. Kabouls challange that led to the first goal was never a free kick.
BUT we did lack the precision of Utd and sometimes we got a little lost as we approached their penalty box.
I think Jenas played OK but Keane obviously is not in form, should play more games, then we'll see.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2010, 09:49:18 AM »
I think Jenas played OK but Keane obviously is not in form, should play more games, then we'll see.

Jenas and Keane were both poor .... Jenas kept giving the ball away for no reason even the easiest pass seem to much for him, that's why 'Arry subbed him. Keane failed to hold the ball up and created next to nothing, agreed he has very little match time but should of done better.

:nods:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion