• Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
Re: Bolton v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 11:45:38 AM »
This will be a tough game, Bolton play some nice football since Coyle took charge. He has changed their mentality from long ball to a more patient passing game which should make this a good game.

The lads will be on a high from Tuesday and with 3 days rest i think we can deliver a good performance and hopefully the 3 points!!  :up:
COYS!

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 11:52:29 AM »
with the limited forwards at counter-attack we have, we should play like on Wednesday and give the middies and FBs license to attack....

if we go back to the usual, we will be back to square 1..... until January when hopefully we get a decent counter-attacking striker with power/pace..

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 04:40:24 PM »
Why do we have to play so early on saturday, after a game on tuesday? >:(

Tough game for us....as DS has said they are playing the right way now under Coyle....we should have to much for them tho....these are the games we should be winning in the league....i would be disappointed with a draw tbh....we have to start pushing on in the league...if we can get the first goal..we should run out  comfortable winners...hopefully!
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 01:20:51 PM »
VDV And Lennon both out!

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 01:37:02 PM »
So with VDV out do we go 4-5-1 with Crouch or Pav up front or do we go back to 4-4-2? Also who comes in for Lennon on the right? Bentley? Im not going tomorrow, but the last 3 times i have been up to Bolton with Spurs we have not come away with 3 points and we have a pretty poor record up there. We should win though because we have alot more quality than Bolton but VDV and Lennon both out is 2 big misses for us! We need to continue from tuesday night and run them ragged but i just have a feeling it will end in a draw 1-1 or 2-2. 3 Points will be fantastic and will end a great week. Dont let me down lads! YID ARMY

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 04:51:27 PM »
I'd say we don't change our system. Put Modric in the VDV role and bring Palacios in. Then Kranjcar in for Lennon

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 12:49:33 AM »
Sounds good to me biggs mate .It is always a tough place to go but confidence is high and if we are going to be a force too be reckoned with its high time we go here and get 3 points and kick on in the prem for we are well capable of finishing top 4 again this season                                                                                                                                                                                                                 COYS   :up:

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 05:08:11 AM »
Bolton's Martin Petrov should be fit after recovering from the hamstring problem that kept him out last weekend.
The Bulgarian could replace Matt Taylor on the left wing.
Tottenham   will be without Rafael van der Vaart because of a hamstring injury,   while winger Aaron Lennon is doubtful with a similar problem.
Goalkeeper   Heurelho Gomes is back after a European ban, while striker Jermain   Defoe hopes to return from an ankle injury at Ars*nal on 20 November.

When Tottenham visited Bolton in this fixture 13 months ago, Gareth Bale   was an unused substitute, a talented but raw youngster unable to   displace Benoit Assou-Ekotto at left-back.

A year later, the Welshman returns to the Reebok as one of the   planet's most talked-about players following another stunning display   against Inter Milan on Tuesday.
For the second time in a   fortnight, the winger ran riot against Inter defender Maicon, widely   regarded as one of the world's best right-backs. Is stopping Bale   football's mission impossible right now? It could be a long 90 minutes   for Bolton full-back Gretar Steinsson.
Despite the hype   surrounding Bale, Tottenham are no one-man team, with playmaker Luka   Modric also outstanding against the European champions. Manager Harry   Redknapp appears to have the Midas touch right now, with his decision to   gamble on the fitness of Rafael van der Vaart paying off; the Dutchman   lasted only 45 minutes on Tuesday but settled any early nerves with the   opening goal.
Wanderers boss Owen Coyle says Spurs' success in   the Champions League makes Redknapp the obvious candidate to succeed   Fabio Capello as England coach after Euro 2012. Coyle's side have won   only one of their last eight league games but have a good home record   against Tottenham, who have never won a Premier League game at the   Reebok Stadium.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 01:12:06 PM »
Wow, we look awful! I have not seen us play like this in a while, no creativity, cant pass, lack of possession, no marking or picking up Bolton players. Jesus Christ! Sort It Out!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:14:09 PM by SomersetYiddo »

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 01:18:37 PM »
We are s**te! Bolton probably deserve that lead, hopefully its a blessing in disguise and it will wake them up, we look terrible!

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 02:29:11 PM »
We suck today. That being said - the first Bolton goal was clearly offsides and the penalty was ridiculous. No foul there at all - but was there any doubt it would be awarded with all the momentum going Bolton's way?
Gallas looks to be coming apart at the seams. Sandro & Palacios' errors were too costly. Our fullbacks BAE & Hutton have been great though, I think.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 02:42:23 PM »
Playing on a narrow pitch with a 4-5-1 is suicidal. That happened and we only get results after changing to 4-4-2.  Next time i do hope Harry considers that narrow pitch like those aint big enough for a 4-5-1 formation! GOD IM SO PISSED!

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 02:43:49 PM »
Hutton has been our best player today, great going forward and an excellent finish, a true credit to his performance. Superb volley by Pav aswell, these were the only positives to take out of a terrible team performance. Everyone else has been shocking, Gallas, Kaboul, Palacios, Sandro, Crouch were awful and need to take a look at themselves. Inter Milan Tuesday night - no problem, Bolton Wanderes on Saturday  - Oh Dear. Pissed off now, we will not be finishing in a Europa League spot let alone Champions League with games like this one. Missed VDV and Lennon massively.  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 03:22:35 PM »
Just seen Harrys interview with the BBC and he is not a happy bunny. Goes on about Sandro and makes an example of him! Not happy with him at all.