SpursNetwork

The biography of Tottenham Hotspur by Julie Welch

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
The biography of Tottenham Hotspur by Julie Welch
« on: December 04, 2012, 07:39:30 PM »
I have just started reading the biography of Tottenham Hotspur by Julie Welch.

Julie Welch is a Spurs fan, British sports journalist, author and screenwriter. She also became the first Fleet Street lady football reporter in 1969. She has also written fiction and non-fiction books. In 1983 she wrote the screen play for the TV film “Those Glory Glory Days.” It was about her childhood and Spurs famous double winning side.
So far I’ve read 230 pages of her biography and found it an excellent read and history of Tottenham Hotspur FC. She not only talks about the teams, the beginning, the legends and myths but also the boardroom battles and the debts that have dogged us at certain points through history. She discusses all Spurs managers and their sackings, resignations etc.

I’ve also got, but not yet read, “The Ghost of John White” by John White’s son Rob White and Julie Welch.
If you haven’t got the biography of Tottenham Hotspurs yet I suggest you buy it. It is selling in the Spurs shop and of course Amazon.

I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: The biography of Tottenham Hotspur by Julie Welch
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 05:23:12 PM »
I've finished reading this excellent book. Reading about Bill Nick brought tears to my eyes. He was so loved by the fans and everybody. He will never be forgotten.

The book ends with AVB coming to the club and hope for a bright future. I recommend this book to all Spurs fans and lovers of football.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.