SpursNetwork

Player Power

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Player Power
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2012, 11:44:09 AM »
Yes, I have always rated Dawson and would be my number one choice for CB, with the other place going to Vertonghen once BAE returns. I think Caulker deserves his place ahead of Gallas too. Lloris is a better choice than Friedel as he is able to play that sweeper role, which you need when playing a high defensive line. When Ade returns I think it will be Carrol who makes way.

:)
Maybe next year...

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2012, 02:59:46 PM »
Do you agree with Dawson replacing Gallas, I just have my doubts about Gallas? Obviously as soon as Ade is available after his suspension then we can revert back to 4-4-2, the problem will be who to leave out? Add to that the other missing players returning! But I still think we need 2 more players,(a creative midfielder and another striker to strengthen the squad.

:-\ :-\ :-\

Last summer's signings of Sigurdsen and Demspey or even Dembele have not in any way replaced the likes of Modric or VDV. So, yes,  the squad needs strengthening with a striker and a  creative midfielder.  We also await the return of Kaboul & BAE to shore up the back, not forgetting Parker . Vital if we want to move in the right direction.

I woul be surprised if Levy splashes a sigificant amount of cash in January?

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2012, 12:16:28 AM »
So would I, so I'm not holding my breath, if he doesn't, we might find more players leaving at the end of the season and that would be disastrous.

:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
:SN:[font

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2012, 06:00:52 PM »
We looked alot more solid at the back against wet spam, Lloris now with a few games under his belt is looking settled and utter quality!

Good to see Dembele have a short run out, looking forward to seeing him back to his best for us.

Dempsey looked like the player we brought in, maybe he has been sending his clone recently, much better performance same again please CDQ
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!