perculation date:  15/01/11
 :up:

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: van der Vaart out for a Month?
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2010, 03:16:32 PM »
Isnt that wee bit too scientific for someone who thinks Stats isnt important?

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2010, 04:04:45 PM »
somedays I like marmalade with my toast.... somedays chocolate-spread...

but I never have both together between 2 slices of bread..

Vaart before mid-January  =   :nope:
I used to know a guy who had lime marmalade and peanut butter on toast for breakfast everyday yuk.

I think what you are trying to say is that VDV would be a better player with better players around him. That is no doubt true and any quality additions we get will help him to shine. However, he is a good player and we need him in the side no matter who is playing with. Also the last time he found himself surrounded by quality players he couldn't get in the team which is how he ended up with us in the first place.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2010, 09:04:53 PM »
not so much needing quality players.... but the right type of player ahead of him to offset his deficiencies..

as I recall, I was quite pleased when Levy pulled this rabbit out the hat at the time... but seeing him play now for many games, I was disappointed in his fitness-level and limited pace.... he was never blessed with pace even in his younger days at Ajax and even Hamburg, but I was expecting more movement from him during games..

he's got a very good 1st-touch tho, and is very confident in his ability.... could be v.good for Spurs in a 4-2-3-'1'.... we just need to get the '1' to complete the jigsaw......

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2010, 11:08:22 AM »
not so much needing quality players.... but the right type of player ahead of him to offset his deficiencies..

as I recall, I was quite pleased when Levy pulled this rabbit out the hat at the time... but seeing him play now for many games, I was disappointed in his fitness-level and limited pace.... he was never blessed with pace even in his younger days at Ajax and even Hamburg, but I was expecting more movement from him during games..

he's got a very good 1st-touch tho, and is very confident in his ability.... could be v.good for Spurs in a 4-2-3-'1'.... we just need to get the '1' to complete the jigsaw......

Why did you say this like 3 days ago, rather than rabble on with this other dice rubbish....
COYS!