SpursNetwork

van der Vaart out for a Month?

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: van der Vaart out for a Month?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 09:08:49 PM »
Biggs you are a Legend, this ignore button has certainly made my day. Really speeds up the post reading and seems to just leave the useful stuff?

Life is simple, we need as many of our players available so that Harry (he is the manager) can make the important decisions. After all he is why we are not bottom of the league but going well and have qualified for next stage of CL.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 01:44:25 PM »
the 'ignore' button's main feature tho I feel will be to give the option of appearing to ignore certain posters, whilst secretly indulging, with total anonymity, the unquenchable desire to read and hang on their every word.... :ohyeah:

Senor Bale.... has a certain ring to it, I find... hope Levy says 'no' tho, innit..

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 02:08:41 PM »
 :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: The awesome button that is Ignore  :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

MT well put we do need as many players available as possible.  Do you think that next season we will get a bigger treatment room lol, I know its not funny
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2010, 02:39:51 PM »
:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: The awesome button that is Ignore  :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

MT well put we do need as many players available as possible.  Do you think that next season we will get a bigger treatment room lol, I know its not funny

I know its not funny but it might be money well spent !!

:(

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2010, 05:00:57 PM »
I have never seen our training facilities but it makes you question why year after year our injuries are always very high (and key players) many obatined when not playing in a match, is our training pitch a field using by milk cows or goats other than days we are not having a kick around?.

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2010, 05:17:32 PM »
Our training facilities are second to none mate, I think its just the modern day footballer. If you look round the league teams we are not the only ones that have the same problem, most teams have 5 or 6 players out injured !

:)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2010, 05:59:50 PM »
yeah.... even tho the vast majority of players injured sustained injuries while playing actual football-matches...

vdV, THudd, JJ, Defoe, Dawson to name but 5.... dem trainin peeches eh... :D

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 03:06:18 PM »
He will be missed but the squad we've got out today is well capable of winning this week and next!

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2010, 03:41:09 PM »
You kiddin me right? a month? damn, spurs needs him, he's ability get loose from the defenders and just get that amazing shot on the goal! but yeh, we do have Defoe and Pavlyuchenko...Let's just hope that defoe gets on his best again, as in last season!

GO SPURS<3 8D

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2010, 05:01:33 PM »
VERY disappointed with Jerselfish Defoe.... he really must learn to pass more often..

luck was due to change after the last 2-3 league games, so not too surprised at the end.... shows teams how to play with us having Crouchy upfront.... just squeeze up to the midfield and congest the play into our half... Defoe even isnt gonna outmuscle AND outrun big CBs when we play it into space behind their defence..... as today again proved..

January is just around the corner.... if we can keep Al Citeh to less than a 6pt gap this month, we may have a chance of Top4

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2010, 07:23:14 PM »
Stay on topic!
COYS!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2010, 07:34:13 AM »
Sure I heard somewhere that both VDV and Kaboul would be back in contention for the Chelsea game. Cant remember where it was I'm afraid but hope very much it's true.

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2010, 01:09:02 PM »
I think Kaboul has a better chance than VDV.

VDV is such a different player to everyone else and thats what makes him special. Well that as well as his talent of course!

On the other side of the coin i think Defoe could give their defense a reall hard time so the big squad could really prove its worth again.

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2010, 02:03:37 PM »
Ive read somewhere VdV Might return in time against Blackpool. Wow  thats fast but i dont know. Dont really trust them Dutch Physios hahaha~

Offline jaymeariel

• Yid till I die
  • Hero: VDVaart at the moment, all time Ginola
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2010, 05:21:50 PM »
I dont rate Defoe, he infuriates me, just offers nothing, is one dimensional, gets the ball runs at goal shoots 1 out of every 10 ends up being a goal, he is always offside, soo weak, noo aerial threat, limited technique, doesnt pass, doesnt link play.

Am i being over the top?

I just cant stand any of our strikers, whilst I absolutely love our first 7 midfielders and all our defence inc ekotto and hutton......the strikers I hate.

I would generally get rid of all 4.

Bring in Suarez, Rossi, Carroll I can dream cant I, I generally think we would win the league if we had better strikers, VDV being out is massive because he got a chance he scored. Just play him as a fukin striker Arry
JayJay