van der Vaart out for a Month?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
van der Vaart out for a Month?
« on: November 29, 2010, 10:08:18 AM »
Skysports and other sites are reporting that vdv could be out for a month...

if its true, then it's bad news :(

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: van der Vaart out for a Month?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 10:40:17 AM »
foe is a better partner for Crouch or even Pav..... and we still have Keane as backup.... we get to retain our favoured 4-4-2..... so whats the problemo ???

I'm more worried about Kaboom.... hope its just a muscle tear and not ligaments or fracture....

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 10:43:33 AM »
For the past 3 or 4 game, he hasnt been 100% match fit.

The lad needs a rest, shouldnt of started in the first place yesturday,after passing a late fitness test.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 11:32:19 AM »
Not good news but hopefully our physios can take the time and nurture him back to full fitness and not rush him back. It seems that Kranjcar and Keane could now get a chance to prove their worth.

According to Sky Sports Kaboul has a hip injury which could mean a lengthy spell on the sidelines. Again, not good news at all as we seem to be getting short at the back again and Gallas and Kaboul had really started to play well together.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 01:24:13 PM »
take as long as you need Rafael, in fact take even longer..... good point about Krankie being able to play the vdV role (poss even better ??) as well as Keano being around still like the proverbial bad smell...

hope its just an ickle muscle tear with Eunice, as its just a 2wk or so layoff.... we did the hard work last week now..

Bassong is an able backup.... we should be alright next mumf....
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 01:30:35 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 02:25:48 PM »
take as long as you need Rafael, in fact take even longer..... good point about Krankie being able to play the vdV role (poss even better ??) as well as Keano being around still like the proverbial bad smell...

hope its just an ickle muscle tear with Eunice, as its just a 2wk or so layoff.... we did the hard work last week now..

Bassong is an able backup.... we should be alright next mumf....

Once again you seem to be overjoyed at the loss of one of our best / if not the best player we have, you really are a irratating little s**te stirrer. He's our top scorer and with Defoe now back we had the chance to play him alongside Van der Vaart to see what kind of impact the pair could have.

Why you are still here is beyond me as you really are not a Spurs Supportter, Fan, Follower or whatever, I could understand it if it was put in a balanced argument but you seem to just gloat over the facts and try to wind up the Forum.

I personally hope that both players injuries are minor and both are back fit and playing in the shortest possible time as both have been outstanding in recent games.
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 03:30:21 PM »
I make no apology for wanting vdV outta the team until we get ourselvea proper lone-striker he can play behind.... if you think that Defoe has the physique to be a lone striker for him, you really are not the sharpest tool in the box...

I'd love to see vdV fully operational from mid-Jan, when hopefully we can get that piece of the jigsaw: a tall, pacy goal-getter..... who also knows how to be a link play when needed in a 4-4-2..

until that day comes, I hope Defoe gets a nice un-pressured run in the team... which he now will..

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 03:36:09 PM »
VDV has been one of our best players. You go from stirring things talking about wanting Bale to be sold and wanting Ars*nal to win. Now you're saying you're glad that VDV is out. I'm just going to stop reading your nonsense posts. You're obviously just a forum troll.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 03:39:46 PM »
ahem.... didnt I just say that look forward to seeing vdV from mid-Jan, with an appropriate LONE-STRIKER just ahead of him.... what part of that is not in English ??

« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 03:54:02 PM by Biggs »

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 04:19:22 PM »
I'm a fool for even dignifying this with a response. If you were just of the opinion that we play better without VDV in the team, I wouldn't agree with you, but I would accept your opinion. But you don't do that. You start as if you're making a logical post and then you say things like this, "take as long as you need Rafael, in fact take even longer" to stir things up.

I'm guessing this is going to be your new troll topic as you've already talked the Jenas/Modric and Bale being sold topics to death.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 04:46:25 PM »
Gayreth disrespecting our new star player, surely that warrants him to be banned?

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 05:02:09 PM »
even when youre trying oh so hard to pick holes in my harmless comments, you still fail miserably...

I do hope vdV has an appropriately long and successful convalescence, just as Defoe has now done, and comes back in mid-Jan firing on all cylinders.... with a proper lone-striker in front of him (when we wish to play that way)...

and using your own 'logic' the inference is that its alright to disrespect certain players eg. Jenas perhaps, but not so  'popular' so-called 'star-players' (I take it you regard vdV as such).... which is possibly even more despicable..

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 10:09:18 PM »
You talk such bollocks boy its unbelievable.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 10:33:21 PM »
even when youre trying oh so hard to pick holes in my harmless comments, you still fail miserably...

I do hope vdV has an appropriately long and successful convalescence, just as Defoe has now done, and comes back in mid-Jan firing on all cylinders.... with a proper lone-striker in front of him (when we wish to play that way)...

and using your own 'logic' the inference is that its alright to disrespect certain players eg. Jenas perhaps, but not so  'popular' so-called 'star-players' (I take it you regard vdV as such).... which is possibly even more despicable..

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 03:22:41 PM »
Loosing both VDV and Kaboul are going to be a big blows, fingers crossed for quick returns for them.

Fortunalty Defoe, Hudd and Dawson are on the road to recovery  :up:
COYS!