• http://spursnetwork.com
Spurs Network FC Vs St.Albans
« on: May 18, 2007, 06:51:53 PM »
17.10.06[/B]
The Mansion
English Conference
[/FONT]

On a wet day in North London SNFC took on St. Albans in what would turn out to be a exciting game for the neutrals. St. Albans went into the game with a defensive outlook and look set to seat back and let SNFC try and break them down.

Straight from the off SNFC attacked in numbers searching for the opening goal. 3 minutes into the game SNFC won a free kick at the edge of the box. Biggs lined it up, looking confident he'll score. He struck the ball with dip and speed but only for it to canon off the bar. Biggs put his head in his hands in disbelief.

St. Albans defensive outlook seemed to be working, SNFC just couldn't find a way through.

Finally in the 29th minute SNFC got the lead. Theospurs picked up a loose ball then delivered into the box for Rob to head in.

Just minutes later SNFC should have doubled their lead. Lyubokick swung a deep cross to find Biggs who headed inches wide.

Deep into the first half St. Albans shocked The Mansion fans by getting the equaliser. It was a speculative effort that flew straight pass Storts.

Second SNFC looked nervous, the goal before half time looked to have really shook them.

The nerves got the better of them as St. Albans got their noses ahead on the hour mark.

The last half hour SNFC threw everything at the St. Albans backline.

Dramatically in the 81st minute THFC got free in the box to slide the ball pass the keeper. The home fans enjoyed that one.

MOTM: Theospurs

Quote from: MOTM Theospurs
It was a very tough game, they defended well and we had to be patient. Conceding the goal before half time was a real kick in the teeth. Then going 2-1 down most would crumble. But full credit to the lads, we showed a never say die attitude. I'm happy with how I played but even more happy I started.

Offline -AL-

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 07:01:37 PM »
oops...just a draw against st. albans?!?
was not our best match, mates!
if i had balls, they would be bigger than yours ;)

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 07:19:43 PM »
:wacko: Not a great match at all. Sure, we fought back for the draw, but we should have buried this one. Perhaps Storts is tired and in need of a game's rest or two.

Theospurs was great, I coulda been better but was decent (49 completed passes on 53 attempts is nothing to sneeze at! :D), Rob... was Rob lol

SNFC Frustrated By St. Albans
Non-League Paper

Despite only getting two shots on goal, St. Albans managed to draw lofty Spurs Network FC. Rob continued his goalscoring streak to get SNFC out of the gate first, but then things went sour as Storts let in a goal he wouldn't usually have, before the half-time break. The SNFC defence, led by Theospurs and DC76, were able to keep the shot count to a minimum, but Storts was looking physically and mentally fatigued and let in a second. It took an all-out SNFC attack to beat the St. Albans keeper for a second time, and it was super-sub THFC doing the deed in the 81st minute. There are a few players that may be rested in the next match. Canadian team captain DC76, despite completing a career-high 49 passes in this match, thinks he should perhaps take a day off to work out.

"I'm not jumping as well as I was earlier in the season," the Victorian said. "I'm hoping Daniel gives me the next game off, coz I need to hit the gym and get these bad boys *indicating his legs* back in tune. I always want to be at my best so I can do as much for the team as possible. I have faith in my counterparts [most recently dazzaTH, Georginho, and JamezTheYido] that they can get the job done. That said, it's Danny's call. He always does what's best for the team, so I'll leave this in his hands."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 07:37:52 PM by DC76 »

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline THWH90

• In With The ITKs
    • http://www.spursnetwork.com
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 09:36:23 PM »
Only a 7? That sin't like my usual form of 8 :(

I got an assist as well! No fair!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 09:39:26 PM by THWH90 »
Get Moussa Sissoko In Spurs!!!!

And come on City, break that bloomin' top 4!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 09:47:12 PM »
I think it's because you missed both your tackles, only made 1 header and were under 75% passing. For me, it was missing four aerial challenges and not tackling enough :lol:

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline -AL-

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 01:11:00 PM »
Can't wait to play Rushden...we have to be in a really good form. I think that match will show how good we really are as Rushden is our closest opponent in the league.
if i had balls, they would be bigger than yours ;)

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 02:04:54 PM »
How can we draw to this rubbish!! Daniel out!!! lol

Offline Storts

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 07:03:40 PM »
A 5...two shots and they scored two

Sorry lads

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 06:45:20 AM »
Reliable midfielder Lyubokick surprised at Manager's decision to sub him

During an exlusive radio interview, SNFC's reliable midfielder Lyubokick noted that he was very surprised to see his number on the 52th minute for his sub.
"I think I got wrong just a couple of  passes. That's hardly a reason for being subbed, considering my good overal play in the game so far. I was winning almost all of my mid-centre headers and when it came to tackles, I was doing fine as well. I did not stick with too defensive role and even made a couple of runs forward with one nice shot on goal. Allas, I hope next time I will be given more time on the pitch to convert my good play into goals/assists or just to continue stabilising our mid-play ..."
----------------