SpursNetwork

Daws to stay with Spurs until 2012

Berba's girl

« on: May 11, 2007, 10:52:25 AM »
Taken from the official Spurs website:

The Club is delighted to announce that Michael Dawson has signed a further extension to his contract that will see him at White Hart Lane until 2012.
The 23-year-old England squad member has featured in an incredible all but one of our 58 games this season and recently attracted praise from manager Martin Jol, who commented that Michael has 'probably been my Player of the Season'.

Michael joined from Nottingham Forest in January 2005 and has so far made 95 appearances in our colours.

"Its really great that the Club has looked to reward me with a new contract," reacted Michael. "I still had four years left on my contract so this represents a further commitment on both my and the Club's behalf.

"We have got everything to play for as we head into our final game of the season. Our squad has settled so well. We've got a lot of different nationalities and our fair share of jokers, the team spirit is fantastic. You might think we are looking for a rest but actually we've all enjoyed the season so much that, in some ways, we are sad it is coming to an end."

In giving his reaction to securing the continued services of the Northallerton-born player, Martin Jol was quick to repeat his earlier uttered accolade.

"I am delighted that Michael has signed a further extension to his contract. He is exactly the kind of player that will be part of a bright future for our club. I've said it before and maybe there are other contenders as well, but he is my player of the season. I had a problem in the centre with Anthony Gardner and Ledley King being out, but Michael Dawson is always there and I think everybody recognises the honesty in his game."

-------------------------

This is great news! A class player who can only get better & better. We need lads like this - decent, honest & hard working.

:gaydance:

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 11:46:33 AM »
This news has brought a huge smile to my face, so pleased he is staying he's deff one of my fave players! :)

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 11:52:03 AM »
I am happy that he has signed a new deal and he is a class player to watch. He has played excellent protecting the defence in the absence of Ledley King.

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 11:59:27 AM »
Arguably our player of the season, fantastic news this. Gives 100% every game, the sort of player any team would want.

Dawsome!

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 02:42:12 PM »
Thats made my day
There be dragons

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 02:43:20 PM »
Great news

Dawse is a yid through and through

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 04:13:34 PM »
Wicked.

Nice one Dawsy :cool:

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 06:47:00 PM »
Fantastic news, as Jol says he deserves to be player of the season, after all the probs with King and co.

Unlucky not to pick up the award last season after a great debut season in the prem

Long may it continue Daws you legend!!
COYS!

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 07:07:01 PM »
w000000000000000000000t!!!!!!!

I love micky d!!!!!!

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 07:33:39 PM »
FECKIN EH RIGHTS!! :punk:

Awesome Dawson has kicked 'er up a few notches this season and he deserves this extension :D A smart move by Jol.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 08:38:40 PM »
This is great news for the club, thungs can only get better with a couple of good signings in the summer. Bring on next season !!!!
COYS...