SpursNetwork

Next 5 games

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Next 5 games
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 11:06:37 PM »

Dimexi I'm still about been a bit busy with work and other commitments in recent days but I am pleasntly surprised with our recent results, but our performances still need some work. If you check my post in this thread I did say that nothing would make me happier than to see us pushing hard at the top and I am pleased we are back to winning ways !!!

AVB still hasn't convined me yet but the more we win the happier I get !!!!

:up:

Good to see that you have not gone into hiding.  :)

I think there is a wide range of viewpoints in here. The way I read it I think the regular posters viewpoints are spread as follows:

Baldbloke, Ugs, Finch, Metal, aspursfan, RSS61, RiffHard, Spursjoolz, Yiddite, Taimedown, Pieboy, Voice

This has no personal preference attached and I have tried to be unbiased. However, if you feel my order is incorrect, please feel free to change it and I have purposefully left myself out. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Maybe next year...

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2012, 01:38:24 PM »

Dimexi I'm still about been a bit busy with work and other commitments in recent days but I am pleasntly surprised with our recent results, but our performances still need some work. If you check my post in this thread I did say that nothing would make me happier than to see us pushing hard at the top and I am pleased we are back to winning ways !!!

I think there is a wide range of viewpoints in here. The way I read it I think the regular posters viewpoints are spread as follows:

Baldbloke, Ugs, Finch, Metal, aspursfan, RSS61, RiffHard, Spursjoolz, Yiddite, Taimedown, Pieboy, Voice

This has no personal preference attached and I have tried to be unbiased. However, if you feel my order is incorrect, please feel free to change it and I have purposefully left myself out. Sorry if I missed anyone.

I've already committed myself to getting an AVB tattoo after the Old Trafford result.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline dimexi

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2012, 08:38:50 PM »

I've already committed myself to getting an AVB tattoo after the Old Trafford result.

Sorry, you are correct, that is worth a bit of a rejig. Although it is not just based on views on AVB. (Even if that is all that some keep going on about ;) )

Baldbloke, Ugs, Finch, Metal, , RSS61, RiffHard, Spursjoolz, Yiddite, Taimedown, aspursfan, Pie boy, Voice
Maybe next year...

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2012, 10:08:34 PM »
Dimexi what is the order of names based on???
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline dimexi

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2012, 11:57:11 PM »

Haha, now that is not easy. But think of it like the political spectrum. Baldbloke and Voice are the fundamentalists at opposite ends of the spectrum, then there is a bit of a gap and then you kind of work your way in. It is hard to pinpoint exact criteria, but the opposite ends of the spectrum have similar traits but often opposing views.

Just read through a random selection of each and see if a general picture forms. I mean no offence and is just a bit of fun. But there are definite trends in viewpoints, tact, perception, reason, realism, pessimism, style, agenda and argumentative styles to name a few. Hell, you could do a psychological thesis on us bunch of weirdos! ;)
Maybe next year...

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2012, 04:42:53 PM »

Haha, now that is not easy. But think of it like the political spectrum. Baldbloke and Voice are the fundamentalists at opposite ends of the spectrum, then there is a bit of a gap and then you kind of work your way in. It is hard to pinpoint exact criteria, but the opposite ends of the spectrum have similar traits but often opposing views.

Just read through a random selection of each and see if a general picture forms. I mean no offence and is just a bit of fun. But there are definite trends in viewpoints, tact, perception, reason, realism, pessimism, style, agenda and argumentative styles to name a few. Hell, you could do a psychological thesis on us bunch of weirdos! ;)

If Baldbloke and I are fundamentalists do we get our own backpack? A Taliban Spurs supporter… does have a ring to it. “Does my bomb look big in this?”
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2012, 07:04:37 PM »

Basically Dimexi it just depends on how rose tinted your glasses are ....LOL !!!!

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dimexi

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2012, 10:36:56 PM »

Basically Dimexi it just depends on how rose tinted your glasses are ....LOL !!!!

Damn it, forgot to include that one! :-[  :D
Maybe next year...

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2012, 10:32:49 AM »
Well I note that nobody predicted a win for us at Everton  .... although
it seemed it could happen until the last few minutes.
So with us  playing well over the last 5 games I fancy our chances to
go unbeaten until the end of the Year especially with the return  of Bale and Parker.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2012, 04:57:47 PM »
Well I note that nobody predicted a win for us at Everton  .... although
it seemed it could happen until the last few minutes.
So with us  playing well over the last 5 games I fancy our chances to
go unbeaten until the end of the Year especially with the return  of Bale and Parker.

I predicted a win or a draw. But that is by-the-by and I believe we can bounce back. We've also got a few players back and the transfer window will soon be upon us.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2012, 10:52:46 PM »
It wasn't our best game and we were very unlucky not to get at least one point. I, too, believe that we will bounce back.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2012, 04:39:38 PM »
3 points in teh bag today against Swansea, job done!

Swansea defended well, we need players that can break teams like this down.

Good to see Parker get a run out for about 45 seconds!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2012, 06:32:40 PM »
After Everton our next five games started here against Swansea, so here are my predictions:

Swansea 3 pts.   Done
Stoke    3 pts
Aston Villa 1pt
Sunderland 1pt
Reading   3 pts

Total 10 from 15. I would be happy with that. Delighted with 12 pts

Parker and BAE should be well match fit by then and Kaboul on his way back. Not too greedy am I?

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2012, 07:24:40 PM »
After Everton our next five games started here against Swansea, so here are my predictions:

Swansea 3 pts.   Done
Stoke    3 pts
Aston Villa 1pt
Sunderland 1pt
Reading   3 pts

Total 10 from 15. I would be happy with that. Delighted with 12 pts

Parker and BAE should be well match fit by then and Kaboul on his way back. Not too greedy am I?

I agree with the home results but I expect Spurs to win the away ones as well.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline dimexi

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2012, 01:24:00 AM »

Swansea 3 pts. 
Stoke   3 pts
Aston Villa 1pt
Sunderland 3 pts
Reading   3 pts

13 points would be a good return from these games. I think Stoke will be tough to beat but may have to do the same as we did against swansea (yawn, but still yay) and Aston Villa improving with high confidence, we could lose this win.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 09:47:49 PM by dimexi »
Maybe next year...