SpursNetwork

Oh no we lost a game...must be time to sack AVB?

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: 2nd win now, how do you feel?
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2012, 10:03:41 PM »

In short, we looked effing terrible, and were very lucky to get 1 point, let alone 3.

LOL, nothing new here!
Maybe next year...

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2012, 09:51:37 AM »
In case you had forgotten Naughton is a RB, and for the record I have not said anything detrimental about him, but I repeat he is a Right Footed Player as was obvious if you watch him play he only uses his Left foot for standing on, and Yes he did very well,but you cannot compare him to BAE cos BAE is different class, and yes Naughton is injured, if you had watched the Lazio game you would have seen he got injured late in the game.  :up: :up: :up:
:SN:[font

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2012, 11:27:46 AM »

In short, we looked effing terrible, and were very lucky to get 1 point, let alone 3.
[/quote]

But we got 3 points and thats what matters its a win be happy for f**ks sake instead of all the poxy negativity we are climbing the table, Man U often playing utter shyte and below standard par and win,  I bet not many of their supporters moan about it.

Its valid to have a moan if we play terrible and lose but play shyte and win happy days!

And to be fair alot of our players looked under par after the Lazio game, improved fitness is required me thinks!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline pieboy

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2012, 11:21:40 PM »
This plank was constantly moaning last season when we were 3rd in the league, so is it a surprise that he is moaning now? Not really.

Need to stop feeding the troll
Moan , moan , moan

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2012, 09:36:10 AM »
This plank was constantly moaning last season when we were 3rd in the league, so is it a surprise that he is moaning now? Not really.

Moan , moan , moan

PMSL yeah mate very valid point!!

Man U game will be a huge test hope we dont get spanked, we should be fresh so would like to see another performance like when we played Lazio as that should do nicely... well as long as all the goals are onside which is always hard to get at old trafford at the best of times!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2012, 05:27:50 PM »

Moan , moan , moan

PMSL yeah mate very valid point!!

Man U game will be a huge test hope we dont get spanked, we should be fresh so would like to see another performance like when we played Lazio as that should do nicely... well as long as all the goals are onside which is always hard to get at old trafford at the best of times!

We need to put away our chances, keep some possession, and not concede easy set piece goals. That and an unbiased ref, we might scrape a draw.

Offline davidjmcclure

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2012, 05:53:23 PM »
I think Spurs could sneak a draw at Old Trafford

Offline davidjmcclure

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2012, 05:58:58 PM »
It will take time for the team to gel after all the changes. Be patient.

Offline dimexi

Re: 3rd win now unbeaten in 7 beat Man U at Old Trafford, how do you feel?
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2012, 10:41:17 AM »
Well this is just typical. I didn't get to see the match yesterday and had to wait until match of the day :( what a game to miss. Therefore my comments on the game are tinged with the editing of highlights. From what I could se though, we dominated the game in the first half. They talked about Man Utd's poor defending but I think that was because of the pace and decisiveness of our passing. We looked a very good side who was not afraid to take the game to them. However, we have done this before and Man U have pulled off some amazing comebacks or been very lucky.

In the 2nd half it looked like they were ready to repeat past experiences. They got a goal back, but we did not give in, getting the 3rd goal boosted our confidence again. Unfortunately we sat back till the end of the game. Yes Man U could have scored a couple against us but we knew they would try, the important thing is they did not break through. We may have been lucky not to concede at the end but then again Man U were lucky we didn't score more in the first half. Over the whole 90 minutes we had more possession, at Old Trafford!

Bale looked amazing, Vertognen definitely the player to cover LB, but feel we do miss him having the chance to build a stronger central defence an area we need to work on. Lennon looks like he is getting quicker, still needs to be more clinical at times. Defoe looks like he has grown 5 inches and is showing that he can play up front on his own. But he needed help from someone who could win the ball in the air. Dembele and Sandro looked solid from what I saw.

I just can't wait to hear how this game is going to be turned into a negative and told again how AVB is the worst manager ever! Can't wait! Or maybe the Troll will hibernate for a day or two. Some say don't feed the Troll, don't go out at night, it is unsafe. I am not a Troll fearer I am a Troll Hunter hear me ROAR!!!!  8) 
Maybe next year...

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2012, 03:49:15 PM »
The strange thing was that even as we went into injury time I never thought we would win. I kept expecting a penalty or a lucky deflection or even a flash of brilliance but it never came. Even as the lads were celebrating I was expecting there to be Fergie time or something. We dont win at Old Trafford we can get the ball 3 ft over the line and we still dont win. I'm stunned I truly am. 

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2012, 12:07:22 AM »
This frst win in 23 years has to be taken as nothing short of a miracle. I too thought  Man U would somehow pull out a last minute winner, but no.  The relief was unbelievable.

I don't believe there will be negative comments from either Pseudo Spurs supporters  for the moments and that the trolls in question will only rear their ugly heads when we lose next. Unfortunately as we cannot win them all,  the rats will be back.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2012, 04:03:32 AM »
I still can't believe we won at Old Trafford. I'm f**king thrilled.

Haha this was me text messaging my dad during that 3 goal in a blink of an eye period.

http://i.imgur.com/75KM8.jpg

Say what you will about United's first half performance. AVB has accomplished something special with Spurs beating United away and hopefully we can build on this.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2012, 05:57:13 PM »
I feel a bit smug, because it is what I predicted !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2012, 08:01:12 PM »
I just can't wait to hear how this game is going to be turned into a negative and told again how AVB is the worst manager ever! Can't wait! Or maybe the Troll will hibernate for a day or two. Some say don't feed the Troll, don't go out at night, it is unsafe. I am not a Troll fearer I am a Troll Hunter hear me ROAR!!!!  8) 

Well Dimexi I haven't been able to comment for a few days due to work commitments (self employed) and also due to my commitments to our local Pool League that I run, so here goes Mr Troll Hunter....

Saturdays game at Old Trafford was a monumental result for our club I can remember the last time we won there and have had to take 22 years of stick and ribbing from a lot of my Man Ure friends, due to the large contingent of them that live around here (obviously I don't live in Manchester !!!!)
Your comments on the game are very fair and I agree pretty much whole heartedly with them and I really do hope that this is the start of something huge at White Hart Lane but I still feel uneasy and unsure about AVB. Things still don't sit easy with me for one thing I feel Man Ure where under par on saturday and still as you quite rightly say nearly nicked an equaliser, but they didn't luckily. AVB again tried to shut up shop and this time I admit it worked albeit just, but just is enough. Vertonghen at LB does look extremely good but it took a really poor first half performance against QPR for AVB to realise this, and at last he seems to be learning because he played him there again. Finally and most importantly AVB himself seems to be holding on so tight seeing some of the pictures of him celebrating..... the anger and hostility is extremely worrying, I know people will say that it's just passion but I think it is more than that and could be dangerous for his health if nothing else !!!!
After saying all that we won 3-2 at Old Trafford a ground that we traditionally struggle at and I am happy and looking at the table things certainly do look better, much better. Unfortunately though I just can't bring myself to venture out and start ribbing my Man Ure mates because I still don't feel comfortable that it's going to last.
AVB is our manager and I'm still not convinced by him.... but I'm less against him now but still not fully behind him, and before anyone says anything I am fully behind the players as they are the ones that take the field wearing the Lillywhite that is THFC !!!!
I am just trying to be honest, I really don't want things to go wrong but that's just the way I read it at the moment !

:-\
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dimexi

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2012, 08:36:34 PM »
Ugs, good reply mate, thank you for your honesty.

In my mind you have never really been a troll, more like showed some troll like tendencies at times. If you looked back through my comments you would see that I have never been wholeheartedly an AVB supporter, in fact I shared some of the misgivings of some. What I do have a problem with, is when some people unfairly dismiss the value of another human being without any thought of the consequence.

From the start AVB was going to face extreme pressure, he had a hard act to follow and the Chelsea experience added to this. The way the media have portrayed him has not been fair. When a man gets it wrong, call him on it. Forgive him and let him learn from his mistakes. If he does again help him learn the error of his ways. If he does not learn from these, after a third time, get him to do something else.

AVB is by no way exempt from criticism and he still has a lot to learn. But if he is a willing student, works hard to overcome difficulty and listens to sensible advice whilst also knowing his own mind. Maybe, just maybe he has the opportunity to develop into a great manager.

My question is this:

If he does (and it is a long shot) develop into a great manager and brings success to the club, wouldn't you rather be part of the process, giving support, helping him to learn and allowing him to grow? Or do you think that people learn best when in fear of failure, rejection and having their confidence depleted? As a teacher I can guarantee you that the second method has a success rate of 0.

Oh and as for the holding on so tight. I really do not think that was anger and hostility. To me that looked like a man who was desperate to win. I think he has put himself under more pressure than what the Trolls and media have exerted on him. I do agree though that this is not good for his health in the long term, but a few more results like that and maybe he will relax a bit.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 08:40:40 PM by dimexi »
Maybe next year...