SpursNetwork

One New Striker

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
One New Striker
« on: July 29, 2012, 07:55:05 PM »
AVB has been quoted as stating he will be buying just 1 striker during this transfer window to compete with JD and Harry Kane. 

Now I am hoping there are a few targets already on the radar, ones who are proven and can handle/quickly adapt to the prem!!

Harry and JD I am guessing will be support strikers and cover..... who knows maybe Harry will shine but I think Defoe will have another same old season.  Have to admitt from what I have seen Defoe is one of the hardest working on the training field just wish he could be consistant for us game after game.

I have no idea who AVB may be looking at striker wise anyopne else heard any rumours?
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
Re: One New Striker
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 09:57:32 PM »
Well that inspires confidence, let's hope it's a truly world class striker then to go with our unproven one and our misfiring one !!!!

World Class Striker = Loads of Dosh = Levy arsing about to get him cheap = Missing Out

:'(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 07:31:56 AM »
Yes its all gone eerily quiet on the transfer front, especially strikers. Ade is in limbo it seems, and we're not linked with anybody else as far as I can tell.
Seeing as we have needed new strikers for the last couple of seasons its not very encouraging.

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 11:02:30 AM »
Might see some more progress with Adebayor in the next few days.
However I think we need 2 world class strikers not just 1 no matter what
formation AVB decides to line the team up in especially if he goes for 433.
Then 2 of the "strikers will need to be able to cover back in midfield
and not just be "goal poachers".

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 11:44:12 AM »
I agree we need at least 2 strikers, no matter what formation we play. If we do get Adebayor then we will need another goal scorer, who could play on the right side of a 3. Just heard that Dempsey has not gone with Fulham. How about stealing him from Liverpool's noses? World be able to fill that role well and can play in other positions too.

If we don't get Ade then I would like us to get Ba.
Maybe next year...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 05:00:49 PM »
I would like to know why we are again scraping around with 3 weeks to go to the start of the season trying to sign strikers. If AVB thinks he only needs one striker then he's a bigger fool than I thought he was !!!!!!

Mark my words we won't sign a world class striker, not even a great one , we will sign a stinker because they will be cheap and nasty !!!!

:nods:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion