SpursNetwork

Modric Stats

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
Modric Stats
« on: June 17, 2011, 01:55:40 AM »
I just saw this on DM and thought this was interesting considering some of the nonsense people (or person) on here spout about Modric and VDV for that matter. It makes certain insane arguments that Modric HURTS us by not being a CM who only defends seem a bit stupid... Not that they ever seemed very bright points to begin with.

I keep saying this and I'll say it again. We've created SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many shots on target this last season and not scored. Goals win games and we simply didn't score them last season.

I've never seen anything like it. I really think that Levy's ambition will be shown in this window by whether or not he is willing to pay a silly transfer fee and silly wages for a new striker. I don't like the idea of having to pay an insane transfer fee and break our wage structure, but what choice do we have at this point? Look at the competition. Liverpool, City, Chelsea, etc. I bet Ars*nal are going to pay more than usual for Gervinho (sp?)

Modric topped every possession category at White Hart Lane:

Most passes 2,001
Most successful passes 1,731
Most touches 2,788
Second only to Van der Vaart (67) for chances created 66

"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
Re: Modric Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 09:42:11 PM »
I just saw this on DM and thought this was interesting considering some of the nonsense people (or person) on here spout about Modric and VDV for that matter. It makes certain insane arguments that Modric HURTS us by not being a CM who only defends seem a bit stupid... Not that they ever seemed very bright points to begin with.

I keep saying this and I'll say it again. We've created SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many shots on target this last season and not scored. Goals win games and we simply didn't score them last season.

I've never seen anything like it. I really think that Levy's ambition will be shown in this window by whether or not he is willing to pay a silly transfer fee and silly wages for a new striker. I don't like the idea of having to pay an insane transfer fee and break our wage structure, but what choice do we have at this point? Look at the competition. Liverpool, City, Chelsea, etc. I bet Ars*nal are going to pay more than usual for Gervinho (sp?)

Modric topped every possession category at White Hart Lane:

Most passes 2,001
Most successful passes 1,731
Most touches 2,788
Second only to Van der Vaart (67) for chances created 66

Absolutely spot on couldn't put it any better !!!!!

As for people slagging Modric off they have absolutely no idea about football whatsoever and their understanding of the game is negliable to say the least !!!!!!

Good post mate !!!

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 04:35:28 AM »
Its dam shame that he has come out and said he wants to join a bigger club!  We will miss his magic lets get a club transfer record for him!

Where has teh player loyalty gone!  Contracts are worthless!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 10:42:37 AM »
Its a big blow and my heart sank when I read the latest Modric stories.

He's been nothing short of world class for us, we need to demand a world class fee for him - esp if he's going to a rival prem league club!
COYS!

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 11:00:33 AM »
Its time mr levy grows a set and tells our little croatian magician that he can f**k right off and no matter what he;s not at any stage going to be sold to another team in the prem . if we;re even contemplating becoming half the team our manager and more importantly our chairman are claiming then nip this in the bud immediately and get on with trying improve our position from last season . I really believe we;re not too far away from really challenging for the prem and hopefully that means keeping all players like luka improving in areas thats needed and not going back too the days of making up the numbers as usual . :tickedoff:

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 12:15:45 PM »
Levy must have read your post, as he's come out and said pretty much exactly that.

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 03:05:32 PM »
Nice set of stats. Thanks. Will shut "someone" up up on here lol.