Berbatov

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Berbatov
« on: June 04, 2011, 10:24:11 AM »
I know people are 50/50 on berbatov after he left.

But forget about Modric being part of the Deal, why don't we just try and sign him.

Reports today that PSG are going in for him for 12M

I think we should just try our luck with a 15-17m bid, half of what we sold him for.

Berbatov is probably the best striker we have had in the last 5 years.

We signed back everybody else why not Berba.

Berba and Vdv up top could be lethal

Offline samtheball

Re: Berbatov
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 10:47:33 AM »
Defoe to ASH1T

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 11:17:49 AM »
What happens if he starts thinking he's bigger than the club again?
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 10:35:41 PM »

But forget about Modric being part of the Deal, why don't we just try and sign him.

I think we should just try our luck with a 15-17m bid, half of what we sold him for.

Absolutely spot on Biggs, we would have nothing to lose in fact we would have a player for nothing plus approx £5 million cash and a top goalscorer to boot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No brainer !!!

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 01:09:23 AM »
The issue for me is that I can't see Berbatov and Pav existing side by side in the same club. They fulfill a similar role. So would we rather have Berbatov than Pav.
One is sulky prat who scores goals and was once loved by Spurs fans.
The other is an enigma who scores goals but rarely performs for any duration of time and whose first touch often deserts him, Oh and he is still loved by Spurs fans.
One or the other.
Personally I'lld stick with Pav.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 02:50:27 PM »
The issue for me is that I can't see Berbatov and Pav existing side by side in the same club. They fulfill a similar role. So would we rather have Berbatov than Pav.
One is sulky prat who scores goals and was once loved by Spurs fans.
The other is an enigma who scores goals but rarely performs for any duration of time and whose first touch often deserts him, Oh and he is still loved by Spurs fans.
One or the other.
Personally I'lld stick with Pav.

I can't believe you have just asked the question who you'd rather have, Pav or Berbatov.

Why do people rate Pav so highly, he's flatters to deceive as a player, his only decent scoring record is in the Russian league, he's played for long enough over here now for us to see he can't cut it as a top striker.

The annoying thing about him is that he goes game after game without scoring/performing and people just start to realise he's isn't great and then he scores a screamer and everybody forgets how average he is.

Same with Palacios, in another thread people are saying he's been a great player for us etc. I think he's one of the worst players we've bought over the last 4-5 yrs, all he seems to do is foul people, give away silly freekicks, get stupid bookings and he can't pass the ball to save his life, 7mil is a great price for him, I'd snap their hand off.

I would 100% go in for Berba, he has proven at us and Utd what he can do.

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 03:45:52 PM »

Same with Palacios, in another thread people are saying he's been a great player for us etc. I think he's one of the worst players we've bought over the last 4-5 yrs, all he seems to do is foul people, give away silly freekicks, get stupid bookings and he can't pass the ball to save his life, 7mil is a great price for him, I'd snap their hand off.
[/quote]

That's just ridiculous. We wouldn't have got 4th without him.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

Offline Lowestoft Yid

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 04:28:35 PM »
Agreed 218, he was fantastic for us, but its now time for him to move on and thank him for his great service   :'(

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 05:55:37 PM »
Agreed 218, he was fantastic for us, but its now time for him to move on and thank him for his great service   :'(

If he stays then it's fine with me, but if he wants to move on then he deserves that chance.

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 06:35:58 PM »
Berba can go rot somewhere else. Will never forget how he treated fans, team mates and the club. Bog Off Bulgar!

Re Palacios - he has been fab for us. Gave us teeth when we needed it. Hope the lad finds a good place to play

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 10:27:12 AM »

He is still under contract to Man Ure. If he came to us his salary would be halved. Can't see it happening mate
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU