« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2011, 06:23:08 PM »
This has all the echo's of Keith Burkinshaw's parting words regrettably

Offline StartingPrice

• Mark my words...summits gonna happen!
  • Hero: Mabbs
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: I have a crystal ball
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 11:48:27 PM »
Why should anyone replace Modrić?! He hasn't left. Cut out this negativity, man. Like a bunch of whining old ladies here. Nothing has happened but yet some people have an urgent need to be frustrated.

On a second note, Parker would be an upgrade compared to Palacios, that is true.

If I actually knew you I would quite happily have a £5 bet that Modric is on his way. He will get champions league football, win trophies and double his salary. At present he plays for a club that thinks signing a 41 year old goalkeeper is the way forward.

If I were him and Sir Alex came knocking I would be off like a shot.

:tickedoff: Have a word with yourself, BaldBloke.
If you can't change the World, change yourself...and if you can't change yourself, then, change the World.

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, 07:41:02 PM »
Why should anyone replace Modrić?! He hasn't left. Cut out this negativity, man. Like a bunch of whining old ladies here. Nothing has happened but yet some people have an urgent need to be frustrated.

On a second note, Parker would be an upgrade compared to Palacios, that is true.

If I actually knew you I would quite happily have a £5 bet that Modric is on his way. He will get champions league football, win trophies and double his salary. At present he plays for a club that thinks signing a 41 year old goalkeeper is the way forward.

So if you had a job and were offered twice the salary and twice the opportunity to achieve what you wanted, would you stay put. Players are not supporters, and this should be remembered !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 09:51:49 PM »

So if you had a job and were offered twice the salary and twice the opportunity to achieve what you wanted, would you stay put. Players are not supporters, and this should be remembered !!

Agreed totally baldbloke...... but Levy and Redknapp have both very very publicly said that Modric is going nowhere. I don't think Modric is the type of player that will kick the door down demanding a transfer or sulk like Berbatov until he gets his own way. I fully expect him to stay for another season and to perform to his very high standard of play, but and here is where I agree with you at the end of next season if we fail again I think he will then leave or worse still if things are going very badly for us next season maybe he may go in January.
 :)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2011, 11:11:10 AM »

[/quote]

Agreed totally baldbloke...... but Levy and Redknapp have both very very publicly said that Modric is going nowhere. I don't think Modric is the type of player that will kick the door down demanding a transfer or sulk like Berbatov until he gets his own way. I fully expect him to stay for another season and to perform to his very high standard of play, but and here is where I agree with you at the end of next season if we fail again I think he will then leave or worse still if things are going very badly for us next season maybe he may go in January.
 :)
[/quote]

I so hope you are right

Offline StartingPrice

• Mark my words...summits gonna happen!
  • Hero: Mabbs
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2011, 01:46:23 PM »

But I didn't tell you to have a word with yourself regrading any claim that Modric would be happy to leave for money.
It was for your general negativity and the comment about signing Brad Friedel.
But while we are on the subject, I work for myself, and relaly enjoy it, even though the financial rewards can be quite sporadic. I am well qualified, and even though I have to put quite a bit of physical effort in, as well as receiving sporadic economic benefits, I have actuaolly been offered some well paid posts, and turned them down - where does this fit into your 'everyone is a greedy ****' theory?
If you can't change the World, change yourself...and if you can't change yourself, then, change the World.

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2011, 09:31:05 AM »
All footballers are greedy

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2011, 03:03:48 PM »
This si good for Spurs and good for football as a whole that a Chairman has come out and humiliated Chelsea. They were told to keep away but went public with their offer to try and create a fait acompli situation. Well, they have egg on their faces now........any attempt to come back and the football world will be against them. Maybe now, a contract is a contract!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2011, 03:43:58 PM »
We will see. This is a bit of a test case now. Can a player who has quite obviously been tapped up and had his head turned be made to stay ? What will his attitude be like ? Will he be the player he was or will he sulk ? If he sulks will we chuck him in the stiffs ? These and other questions will be answered in the fullness of time.

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2011, 08:32:18 PM »
We will see. This is a bit of a test case now. Can a player who has quite obviously been tapped up and had his head turned be made to stay ? What will his attitude be like ? Will he be the player he was or will he sulk ? If he sulks will we chuck him in the stiffs ? These and other questions will be answered in the fullness of time.

Yep, I reckon he will go for about £38m

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2011, 10:14:15 PM »
This si good for Spurs and good for football as a whole that a Chairman has come out and humiliated Chelsea. They were told to keep away but went public with their offer to try and create a fait acompli situation. Well, they have egg on their faces now........any attempt to come back and the football world will be against them. Maybe now, a contract is a contract!

Somehow I think that may just be all be too easy, I think their will be alot of argument and counter argument about this and I just hope that we stay on the higher moral ground.

The priority now is too speak to Modric and persuade him that his future lies with Spurs for at least the next 12 months and we also need to sign a marquee player to show our intentions for next season. This player is going to have to be £20 million plus and I guess a striker too............. maybe the time has come for a cheeky bid for Berbatov !!!!

:nods:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2011, 09:12:27 AM »
You echo my thoughts entirely Ugs. It is a potential turning point for the club. Modders will have to be told that we will bring in some real talent to get us to the CL next season and that we have ambitions to stay there and mount a serious challenge for the EPL. This sounds very similar to the Ronaldo situation where he stayed on an extra season. I dont see Modders as a sulky git like Berba when he wanted away and I'm sure he'll knuckle under and prove his worth. This could be very good for the club and makes next season very exciting.........on the flip side, if he is let go for any reason whatsoever, it signals a returm to mid table as it sends out the wrong kind of message to potential new players.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2011, 04:06:36 PM »
I'm not sure it is the wrong kind of message from a players point of view. It says to relatively unknown players, Sign for Spurs, do well, and in 2 years you will be playing for Man Utd or Chelski. To a lot of players that would be pretty attractive. To us as fans of couse it is a disgrace but then players these days only care about money. Only us mugs that give them the money care about daft old values like loyalty and integrity.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 04:10:10 PM by taimedowne »

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2011, 06:16:46 PM »
not seen those two words in football speak for some time...........loyalty and integrity.........erm, must look them up! lol